jacuzzi yes or no

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by anky Star rating in Utrecht, Holland. 5 posts Send private message

In october we're planning a trip to the South-East of Spain (almeria/vera/aguilas) to see some developments (collados sol, collados garden, residencial ayamar and pueblo salinas). Some of these projects have a jacuzzi on the roofterrace/solarium. We're not sure wether to buy the ones with the jacuzzi or the ones without the jacuzzi. Do you think it's difficult to maintanance the hot tub (keep it  clean, look after it, what about the extra costs like energy etc). We will only use the appartement during the holidays and try to rent it out the other weeks.Who's got some experience with this?

Do you think it's a "unique"selling point what makes the property/appartment more attractive for people planning to rent an appartment? (the developments all have swimmingpools and are approximately 5 minutes by car to the sea so this would be just something "extra"..

Thanks,

Anky

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 2:19 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hi There

I have friends who have a similar property, and by what they have told me,

I would say no to a jaccuzi if you have communial facilities. The can be costly to run and maintain, unless you are on solar power. If you are planning to rent your property

then you will probably find that it will get broken and abused.

When you come out rtry and find someone who has one and ask them, don't believe anything that "Agents" tell you about USP etc.

Regards

John

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 2:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have a hot tub in the UK and they are relatively easy to run, but can be expensive. Some pointers for you:

1. The manufacturers generally recommend the water is changed every 6- 8 weeks depending on usage.
  2. The filters need changing on a weekly basis (buy two and rotate them).
  3. Chemicals need to be kept up (chlorine/ bromine daily). Too much can cause burns, too little and germs are not kept at bay.
  4. Other water parameters such as pH, water hardness and alkalinity.
  5. Water clarifiers ans particle removers need using.

In the UK environment, electricity is about £1- £2 per week to run once warmed and stabilised, then you have the chemicals on top. Keeping the water clean will be the biggest headache, I speak from experience . It is best for people entering the hot tub to have had a shower beforehand. On holiday though, you will probably find that they get in all sweaty and with traces of sun tan lotion on or even make up. Once that gets into the water column, next morning the water will be very cloudy and yucky looking. You can then try throwing chemical water clarifiers at it in the hope it returns to a crystal clear water, or refill it!! Also, you need to make sure that when people get in, the soles of their feet are clean otherwise the grit and stuff sits on the bottom unless you have someone in to maintain it on a regular basis. If they sit in the spa while drinking, it can be spilt in the water. 1 bottle of red wine wasn't noticeable while the chlorine was present except for a burgundy red scum around the water line. Next day once the chlorine had been used there was a red tinge to the water. Same with beer (only a different colour)!! Then you could have the people that over indulge (very easy to do in a hot tub because of the heat and water movement), can't stand up and throw up in the water meaning it has to be refilled again.

If it is to be used by yourself and friends when you are there, go for it, they are good fun. If it is to be used for rentals, I would re- consider. You will have to leave caustic and dangerous chemicals in the property, what happens if the customer's kids get hold of it and drink/ eat it? You have no control what people do in it/ with it.

Just a few thoughts.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 3:10 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Yes right on the nail Mark

John

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 3:31 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I just HAD to look at this thread in case it was an open invite!!!

Love the idea of the water changing colour, but in truth I know a couple of people who have these but hardly use them so they just take up space on the roof! And they seem hassle to look after whereas a communal pool is seen to by someone else!

Can always eat a tin of beans before sitting in the bath  Or had I better not say that on this site!?!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:34 PM by anky Star rating in Utrecht, Holland. 5 posts Send private message

thanks everyone,

You really made some points.... (I think I was just being a little romantic about it and didn't look at the negative sites)

Anky

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 7:16 AM by davey2187 Star rating in Pontefract, La Torre.... 136 posts Send private message

Be very careful!!

We had a double Jacuzzi installed in our bathroom and after the first use my wife became pregnant

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts
Are You Investing in UK property? Sponsored Link - 0 posts
Wills, probate, IHT - 13 posts
Hi i'm new to all this - 17 posts
Forum posts order - 18 posts
Speaking Spanish - 4 posts
advice on snagging an apartment - 3 posts
Torrox pueblo - 3 posts
Toll fees - 6 posts
maur/ger : currency exchange?????????????? - 2 posts
19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x