DVLA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2015 1:37 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yes, you are correct in your explanation, my apologies, I was looking at it the other way, from a garage owners view, because whenever I took a car in with road tax I always told the current owner to cash it in / claim it back, even though they always lost the part month, and had to pay out for the full month.

There is a way around this now, but on here I wont mention how.

I should have known better.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 5:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Baz,   the number of points a  driver has are recorded in Trafico (Spain’s DVLA) and can be accessed by authority, or by the holder of the DL

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 6:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They seem to be only interested in 600 euros deposit for having your own insurance rather than the DVLA, but as you say, if I don't, they will bound to ask for it angry

Try the all inclusive option with HCiS, no deposits at all and full/ full and extra driver smiley

Mark

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 6:58 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

It's not only the road tax that's a rip off. Don't renew your driving licence early as I did, as they start the new licence on the date they receive your money, unlike passports where the renewal date stays the same no matter when you renew. Next time I'm gonna let the licence run out for a month before renewing so I get my money back...

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 10:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Cheers Mark

Just found it, Hire cars in Spain yes

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 07/08/2015.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2015 9:49 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was sceptical at first, but it does work, plus you can talk to someone in the UK, or they will call you :) At least you know what price you will be paying when you book, and you have the choice of the older deals too (no insurance, pay for fuel, etc). I think it is the way forward :)

Mark

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 9:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is info from HCIS.

They were kind enough to reply to an email of mine. I was seeking to ascertain the situation in Spain for those who need to know.

Thanks Martin at :-  hirecarsinspain@uk2.net

Reply:-   

Most of our suppliers know about the code but don't require it, as the piece of paper was always useless,  as it can quickly becoming out of date.   Thus they don't worry about the code, as they say, whether you have convictions or not, if you can legally drive in the UK you can drive in Spain.   Hence the term 'valid' in our terms and conditions.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 9:48 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3191639/New-holiday-car-hire-shambles-Drivers-trouble-getting-special-code-paper-licence-axed-firms-don-t-bother-ask-it.html

Not just Spain by the looks of it.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 3:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have hired a car in Spain recently, I have taken 3x test drives of new vehicles at dealers in the UK recently and none have asked for the code. I am having my van serviced at the local Ford dealer on Wednesday and have to provide the code for the courtesy car!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non Residents Tax Question - 7 posts
Air lock in hot water pipe - 4 posts
Loan for a new property - 9 posts
urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón - 51 posts
Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts
Looking for a lawyer near Alora - 0 posts
Proof of entitlement - 17 posts
use of membership number for discount on ferry travel - 1 posts
Car hire - 4 posts
Techie question - Fibre/Cat5/TV - 2 posts
Folding bike for sale. - 0 posts
Post Replies not reflecting despite having received a reply on Email from Forum User - 2 posts
3 months rental - 15 posts
miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x