3 months rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jul 2015 5:42 PM by vynehound Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

We are completing our house sale mid September and will be buying in Spain. Whilst looking we are hoping to rent somewhere between Valencia and Alicante so we can check out houses in this area for sale. Anyone willing to rent out their property for 3 months or know of anyone who does. Have tried lots of letting agents but they all want 12 month let's. It's just for the two of us and we will need somewhere furnished with parking as we will be bringing our car..

Like 0      
27 Jul 2015 6:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Take care, because as it would appear you are coming to Spain to live, that means you are tax resident from the first day. (the 183 rule in such a case does not apply) .   That being so, you have a very limited time in which to import your UK car, because you cannot, as a resident, drive a non-Spanish registered vehicle.

Good luck with renting

Like 3      
27 Jul 2015 7:34 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

vynehound

johnzx is correct

but there are ways!!!

suggest you keep a registered UK address (relative, friend etc) for your personal matters (tax, banking, driving licence etc). Spend the 3 months as a non resident "holiday maker / toursit" and check it out then if you are happy proceed to full residency status when the time is right.

Once ready return to UK and settle all your personal details for a permanent transfer to Spain

People often quote the 183 day rule but there are gaps and ways round it.

If you travel between countries who are part of the Shegnegn agreement how would they know where youa re at any given time - eg driving across the French Spanish border no checks!!!

It may come down to centre of interests and bi lateral tax agreements (which often have nothing to do with EU even for EU members!!!!) so be carfeul as the 183 day rule is not black and white and not as clear as some make it out to be neither is residency in an EU state from day 1 or not

It is all a bit of a buggers muddle so be careful of what you do until you are truly settled.

Like 1      
31 Jul 2015 6:08 PM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi,i have a 2 bed apt in Torrevieja,about 40 minute drive south of Alicante.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2015 6:31 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Google Parques Casablanca, it's absolutely gorgeous and is situated close to the coast in Benissa, you will have no problem in getting a 3 month deal at that time of year, you would do better to rent privately rather than through reception, good hunting. yes

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 3      
31 Jul 2015 10:42 PM by tammydog Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Not that easy to find  3 month rental in the Costa Blanca. In September still main holiday time for us seniors. And finding nothing decent available at a reasonable price until the 2nd week of October. May stay in France for a couple of weeks first or go later than planned. Did not realise how all the properties are snapped up if they are half decent. And I don't want to stay in a place that's not in a decent  clean and comfortable state. It doesn't have to be luxury but  nice to relax in and feel like a home.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 8:32 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Well the last time we were staying at a friend's villa just around the corner from Parques Casablanca the place was almost devoid of life, this was in the first two weeks in October. However I mentioned booking direct with the owner as I have seen adds inviting prospective longer term renters too get in touch for special rates.

Back in April this year we were staying in our usual ground floor beach front apartment in Calahonda, out of the 5 garden apartmemts only ours and another were occupied. Walking on the boardwalk either way, all you can see is shuttered up apartments when you look landwards, owners might very well not do long let deals, but neither do they do short term lets from the look of it.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 9:16 AM by tammydog Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

It seems to be that a lot of owners do not rent out. And prefere to keep their properties for them selves and family and friends only. I think I will ok if I wait until October though. I've several agents looking. And owners direct the owners seem to be charging quite high rents for winter lets. Maybe trying to recoup on their losses over the past years.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 11:07 AM by vynehound Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

I don't really understand the tax status thing. We won't be working or drawing any pensions as we are only 60 so not old enough. We will be buying and living on the proceeds of the sale of our UK house, surely this can't be taxable???

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 11:17 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Vynehound

You are coming for a 3 month break to look around.

** EDITED **

Once you decide to make the move permanent (and that could even be well after you buy!) then you can start to think about tax, health care etc.

When you do come over and look around go speak to an expert then speak to an expert at home (UK) and compare notes.

Will send you a PM

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 01/08/2015.
This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/1/2015 1:32:00 PM.

Like 1      
01 Aug 2015 3:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Vyne I don't really understand the tax status thing. We won't be working or drawing any pensions as we are only 60 so not old enough. We will be buying and living on the proceeds of the sale of our UK house, surely this can't be taxable???

If you live on savings then of course no tax, however, any income worldwide is liable to tax. That would include, savings interest, Premium Bond winnings, dividends, etc.  And if your assets outside Spain exceed 50,000 euros in any of the three groups, then you will have to declare those in Spain, albeit that you won’t have a tax liability on just holding the assets, but Hacienda will know about them for iheritance taxes when you die.

So as Tadd says,  take advice about your situation. Especially when selling your property  in UK, as if you are tax resident in Spain at that time you may well have a tax liability here, albeit that any gain may be tax free in UK.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/08/2015.

Like 1      
01 Aug 2015 3:19 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx they are coming for a short term look see - taxes etc are not relevant at the moment and sorry but i think you are not helping just adding to their confusion. Lighten up a bit smiley

Like 1      
01 Aug 2015 3:41 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry Tadd but I do not see where they say they are just coming as  visitors. They talk about selling up in UK, which implied to me they are leaving UK,  and renting in Spain whilst looking for somewhere to buy.   Implication:  coming to live here. 

Also, as they asked about income tax, which would not apply to visitors, so I thought I might just point them in the right direction so that they do not have avoidable problems.

If I am wrong, the info may be useful to others anyway..

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/08/2015.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 3:55 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

lighten up  smiley

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/2/2015 9:11:00 AM.

Like 2      
01 Aug 2015 4:03 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

If you can't get a three months let in a pretty area why not try somewhere not so pretty? Teulada or Benissa towns are central to your search area, they are typical of busy Spanish towns, I'd be tempted to book into a hotel for a week and hit the streets, you'll find something, I know that I would be confident of doing so. 

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts
NIE in Torrevieja - 30 posts
car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts
Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts
Long term caravan site fees anyone? - 5 posts
Pain in Spain !! - 10 posts
The Sun hit s another low - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x