Do you need planning permission to erect a Log Cabin in Elche

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2014 2:36 PM by terry0208 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

We are planning to move to Elche, and have enough land for a couple of log cabins. Can anyone tell me what the rules are regarding planning permission, because Ive been told by a couple of estate agents that as long as it it "temporary" then you dont need permissions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Like 0      
30 Mar 2014 3:04 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

If you need permission to erect a wall, paint your house, do major repairs, inside or out, I would expect you would need planning permission. There are lots of estate agents that will tell you any thing you want to hear just to get their commission on a sale. You need to ask at the local town halls to be sure.

Like 1      
30 Mar 2014 3:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You need to ask at the local town halls to be sure.

But even that is not for certain. There are a number of people who had planning permission to build, but whose property has now been, or is  under threat of being, demolished.

Good luck

Like 0      
31 Mar 2014 4:27 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I was very keen on building a log cabin for a while and looked into it carefully.  In my area, which is not too far from Elche, a log cabin is dealt with in the same way as a permanent house and you need planning permission.  You will also need to check that you are buying enough land to build on as, if it is rural land, you may need as much as 25,000m2 to build anything at all, and then you need to restrict the size of the building, including pool etc, to 2% of the land area.

Each town hall makes it´s own rules and it will also vary from plot to plot.  Take the exact details of your plot and a description of what you want to do with the land and go see the town hall.  Ask if there is anything you need to do, not just planning permission.  I had friends who asked if they needed planning permission to glaze in their terrace and the town hall said no.  So they did it and were then fined because they did not ask if they needed a licence, which they did need!

And Mr Kevin, there are also many decent estate agents who would not want their clients to have any problems with planning. Quite apart from the moral issue, we want our clients to recommend us in the future!

Like 1      
31 Mar 2014 8:37 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Claire, sorry if I offended you, it was not intended. I do aknowledge that there are a lot of decent agents out there.

We were lucky when we bought, our agent a very nice and honest lady who told all we needed to know and guided us throught the process and for a long time after we signed, she also told us about possible problems that may occurr in the future in this area, as far as her knowledge extended that is. Our agent has come out of the crisis still in business because she is so good.

But, I do know of people around here who were duped by bad agents, they are friends who are very unhappy and finding difficulies now because of the original sale was not handled well and they were informed at the time that all was correct.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2014 8:52 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
No problem Mr Kevin, no offence taken. I know some agents who are dreadful and they give us all a bad name.

Hope your friends get their problems sorted out.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2014 9:25 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You have stated that you are planning to move to Elche if this is a permanent move  then your log cabin is not going to be classed a temporary dwelling it will be a permanent home if you live in Spain more than 183 days you will be classed as a permanent resident of Spain I.E a Spanish citizen that says it all.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 31/03/2014.
This message was last edited by windtalker on 01/04/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car insurance for car not in use - 9 posts
From another thread: UK law: Innocent until proven guilty - 4 posts
bopmalaga es buscar.php website help anyone please? - 5 posts
Someone Is Telling Porkies - 8 posts
LAKE VINUELA SOCIAL CLUB - 0 posts
Lawyer just informed me I may need a Gestoria - 1 posts
Astronomy Group - Duquesa/Manilva/Estepona & San Pedro - 0 posts
Will Spain Follow Cyprus - 2 posts
Arroyo De La Miel Bank help PLEASE - 0 posts
Cars with foreign number plates - 39 posts
Help for UK TV documentary - 5 posts
Freesat & Sky program guide updates - 0 posts
UK to Spain - 0 posts
20 New Rules to Remember for Spanish Road Users - 60 posts
DEVALUATION - Intriguing Question - 5 posts
Spanish Bank and their Charges - is anyone paying no charges? - 5 posts
Agricultural water - 15 posts
More Phantom Theme Parks for Spain? - 0 posts
Lost Friend I really need your help - 0 posts
Spanish Property Market 2014 : Prices May Fall By Another 15% - 41 posts
Why? - 1 posts
English TV in Spain - 39 posts
Hi everybody! - 0 posts
Wills and Inheritance Tax - 14 posts
Electrical fixed charges increased from 36% to 65%. - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x