DEVALUATION - Intriguing Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2014 9:33 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Intriguing question. It is looking like the Ukrainian hygienic hryvnia (their money) is to be sharply devalued - imminently. Ukrainians, bless them, are queuing to buy euros and U.S. dollars. There aren’t any for them. A week’s wages won’t buy a day’s groceries next week if it goes the same way as similar national bankruptcies.

For those who have a reasonable amount of hryvnia I have suggested buying something else likely to better hold its value. Something that can be re-sold after devaluation. I thought of a few things; jewellery (second hand), second hand car, what would be your choice?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 2      
24 Mar 2014 10:33 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I buy Silver coins, have done for years, always has a value, always someone wants to buy them from you,  the right coins can be exchanged for goods..Should the need arise, right now Silver is at the lowest it's been for some time, takes no storage room up,  can be hidden away, when things get tough people might sell it of cheap, and you just  might have the funds to buy it, can be melted down for many other use's, and the best of all is, it / they, wont never ever go out of fashion.

Like 2      
24 Mar 2014 2:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

A one way ticket to the U.K. problem solved.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 24/03/2014.

Like 1      
25 Mar 2014 3:20 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Clearly it depends on how much money you are talking about, but I would imagine that silver and gold are reasonable options and fairly safe. If it's a small amount of money.

In Argentina white goods and imported alcohol shot up 33%, might be worth considering as a last resort...I have friends who made a healthy profit over there with whisky believe it or not!

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
25 Mar 2014 9:07 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

I have made my fortune buying Shares, Fine Wines and Rare watches and yes a few rare 50 year old Mcallans sitting in my collection ie Rare whisky for the uninitiated which have outperformed any other asset class in the last 20 years 

Silver and Gold are to volatile and of course the risk of theft is a consideration one of my best buys was the 

Like 2      
25 Mar 2014 9:10 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 25/03/2014.

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 25/03/2014.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Bank and their Charges - is anyone paying no charges? - 5 posts
Agricultural water - 15 posts
More Phantom Theme Parks for Spain? - 0 posts
Lost Friend I really need your help - 0 posts
Spanish Property Market 2014 : Prices May Fall By Another 15% - 41 posts
Why? - 1 posts
English TV in Spain - 39 posts
Hi everybody! - 0 posts
Wills and Inheritance Tax - 14 posts
Electrical fixed charges increased from 36% to 65%. - 13 posts
Shop/Wholesalers Dolores - 0 posts
Inheritance tax advice for residents - 39 posts
Hotel Type Key switch - 5 posts
Caser Seguros - 2 posts
Mailbox - 1 posts
Electric Meters - Coin Operated - 6 posts
Collecting Visitors at MV - 9 posts
What do you cook when in Spain? - 4 posts
Torrevieja Sea Front - no looky looky men - 18 posts
filmon - 4 posts
La Zenia to Portaventura - 0 posts
Mal Prosser - 0 posts
Letter of ??? - 2 posts
Really I am getting Fed up - 8 posts
Habitation Certificate - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x