British expats are too busy to feel homesick- do you agree?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Nov 2013 9:01 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

I am about 120 km further south of babaol and it certainly isn't anything like 20c here.l
You must be frontline coast because I live 15 mins inland and in a valley but because of the very icy breeze not only was it uncomfortable to be outside but it just about made double figures by 2pm today.
In fact have even had light ground frosts this last week.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2013 6:18 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Not sure what part Bob is in but this is the weather for Cuidada Quesada:- 

• Sunday
    24-11
    Monday
    25-11
    Tuesday
    26-11
    Wednesday
    27-11
    Thursday
    28-11
    Friday
    29-11
    Saturday
    30-11
    Min 6  °C 4  °C 5  °C 8  °C 8  °C 8  °C 7  °C
    Max 16  °C 16  °C 14  °C 14  °C 15  °C 16  °C 17  °C

Like 1      
24 Nov 2013 8:54 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

God Almighty...I despair.

I pour my heart out about life here and all you miserable, lonely, whinging expats come back with is that the temperature was off and try to prove that not everything is rosy.  

Well, in my back garden and out of the wind it was 20 on the scale.  So what if it is chillier where you are.  The sky is blue, the scenery is spectacular.

Now, I haven't posted for a while because of the negativity and pedantry creeping in on what used to be a very helpful site.  So thank you, you bunch of gainsayers, miserable nitpickers that you are.  I shall now be logging off for the last time and leave this site so you can all be pedants and relish in your self imposed misery.

Goodbye

Like 5      
24 Nov 2013 9:05 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I hope you stay Bobaol .... I enjoy reading your posts. Have to agree that the negativity on this website is tedious at times. I wonder whether many of the ex-pats who are enjoying their lives in Spain are far too busy to contribute to threads, or are put off by the fact that any positive comments seem to be responded to by a barrage of replies which are not so complimentary!

Why do so many Brits have to moan soooooo much???!!! frown

I'd be living permanently in my house in Rojales if I could .....

Come on all - lets get some positive threads back on this site before it just becomes a moaning shop!!!

Like 3      
24 Nov 2013 9:18 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry Bob but I was not moaning. I have lived in Spain for 25 years and I am as happy as I can be, if I was not I would have left long ago.      I was merely enquiring where you were able to get such a high temperature.

On my desktop I see Malaga is 4º but that I believe is at the airport.   However in a sheltered spot,  in direct sunlight the reading would be a lot higher, but that would not be the air temperature.  

I am in Malaga Province and in the shade at 8 am this morning it was 11º, now at 10 am it’s up to 14º.     If I moved my thermometer into direct sun, that would rise, to maybe 20º but that would not be the air temp. and thus not a reading which could be compared with anywhere else. 

If the WFA was approved on temperature it would be the air temperature not that in direct sunlight.

Like 3      
24 Nov 2013 10:03 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

If telling the truth about where one lives , in relation to another is negative ,then there is no hope.

Just looked at my lawn. The Augusta grass is getting whiter by the day and ,according to the experts, this happens when the temp falls to 0c or below. So definitely , where I live, we are having a cold spell.

Anywhere on the coast here is at least 5 degrees warmer than slightly inland.
Temp in my house is 65 yet I am encased in 3 layers of clothing. Indoors in UK , even without the sun and blue sky we have today, I certainly wouldn't be as overly dressed.
However people holidaying at the moment from UK would probably think it warm.

Sorry if this posting is deemed negative ..but it is the truth.

Just to add I love living here but life anywhere is not a bed of roses and one should never have to pretend it is.
This message was last edited by floella on 24/11/2013.

Like 3      
24 Nov 2013 11:04 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Xmas before last i was in Ciudad Quesada with friends sitting outside a small cafe having coffe, we had to get up and move under the overhang because the sun was so strong, even then i had to take my light weight  coat of, we had 80 in the sun on quite a few days. When working outside i got a sweat up.

When i said to bobaol i had to smile about him being in 20c,  and me being in 5.5c, i was in the UK. 

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 24/11/2013.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 24/11/2013.

Like 2      
24 Nov 2013 3:48 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

bobaol-you have lots more time to ponder on your idyllic existence now.

However, I will miss the verbal sparring, and I am sure you will be tempted back before too long!

Like 1      
24 Nov 2013 5:56 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Sorry, nothing to do with this thread, but have attempted several times over many days to start a new thread...and the site won't let me.
Can moderators or anyone tell me why.
Thx

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How Nice - 31 posts
Anybody been in this position - 2 posts
ABANDONED HOUSE -VALLE DE LOS PINOS -ORIHUELA/ALICANTE-info-please ! - 0 posts
Price review on ITP tax payment - 1 posts
Gas Heater Servicing - 5 posts
What is the pay like? - 1 posts
Cheapest Airline? - 12 posts
Cost of advertising on this website - 2 posts
New Spanish laws...... - 24 posts
Public Parking in Guaro - 2 posts
Uploading a photo - 4 posts
Spanish/Gib border control not illegal. - 27 posts
CBL Abogados - 0 posts
car hire debit card - 4 posts
13 most wanted criminals living in Spain - 1 posts
DOERS SHE OR DOESN'T SHE - 3 posts
Growl! - 6 posts
Free Banking In Spain ? - 4 posts
telefonica moviestar router - 3 posts
Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts
New by - 0 posts
Bank repossessions - 11 posts
PayPal and Ebay - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x