Gas Heater Servicing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2013 8:20 PM by Spanishtogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Hi.  It's been a while since I posted on here, but wondering if anyone knows of somewhere in the Alicante/Costa Blanca/Orihuela region where I can get a propane gas heater serviced.  I've just bought one secondhand and as I've not had one before, I'm a bit concerned because when lit, the pilot light is always visible and not sure if that's o.k. or not.  In any case I think I'd be happier if the heater had a full service.  Does anyone know of a service centre for gas in the Costa Blanca area?  Your help would be appreciated.

This message was last edited by Spanishtogs on 17/11/2013.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2013 7:22 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi you are ok the piolt light is supossed to do that so dont worry just keep it burning and get the heat its cool now.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2013 7:23 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi you are ok the piolt light is supossed to do that so dont worry just keep it burning and get the heat its cool now.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2013 9:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

On the older type (maybe cheaper)  heater (as with free standing room heaters)  the pilot light is directed on a sensor to a thermomagnetic switch which keeps the gas supply open.  If the pilot goes out, the gas supply is automatically cut off.  It’s a safety feature.

When I change to a heater which only lit on demand, I was astounded how much less gas I used.  I had not realised how much gas a small pilot light consumes.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2013 7:49 AM by architravels Star rating in New Delhi. 5 posts Send private message

Nice post and this is completely safe. I like this Thanking for sharing us.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2014 1:49 PM by architravels Star rating in New Delhi. 5 posts Send private message

Hi This is nice and good facility. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is the pay like? - 1 posts
Cheapest Airline? - 12 posts
Cost of advertising on this website - 2 posts
New Spanish laws...... - 24 posts
Public Parking in Guaro - 2 posts
Uploading a photo - 4 posts
Spanish/Gib border control not illegal. - 27 posts
CBL Abogados - 0 posts
car hire debit card - 4 posts
13 most wanted criminals living in Spain - 1 posts
DOERS SHE OR DOESN'T SHE - 3 posts
Growl! - 6 posts
Free Banking In Spain ? - 4 posts
telefonica moviestar router - 3 posts
Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts
New by - 0 posts
Bank repossessions - 11 posts
PayPal and Ebay - 5 posts
Changing from english to spanish car - 6 posts
driving licence - 2 posts
Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x