DOERS SHE OR DOESN'T SHE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2013 11:13 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I have an advertiser who claims that, as her company is UK based, she is not obliged to pay IVA on an advertisement she is placing in a Spanish news portal. Is she right? Thanks! - Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
14 Nov 2013 7:16 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Mike - I think she might be.

I advertise on Rightmove in the UK and all my invoices come without vat. I send them to my accountant quarterly and he has never queried it. So I suppose the reverse should be true as well.

... Unless anyone knows otherwise ...

Like 1      
14 Nov 2013 8:15 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

If one is VAT registered in the EU one doesn't pay VAT for goods or service supplied by other EU countries (as it would be impossible to get the money back). On your VAT return you make a sort of dummy entry whereby you acknowledge what the vat would have been had you paid it and then simultaneously claw it back. In short, you neither pay nor charge VAT to businesses in other countries, EU or otherwise. If you import a product from a non-EU country you pay VAT on entry and then claw it back. 

Like 1      
14 Nov 2013 8:43 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Thanks everyone! I think that settled that. I guessed as much but a second or third opinion, from those better positioned to know the answer is always useful - and appreciated. - Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Growl! - 6 posts
Free Banking In Spain ? - 4 posts
telefonica moviestar router - 3 posts
Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts
New by - 0 posts
Bank repossessions - 11 posts
PayPal and Ebay - 5 posts
Changing from english to spanish car - 6 posts
driving licence - 2 posts
Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts
Holiday rental properties wanted - 0 posts
Astra 28 degrees east new satellite free to air HD Channel. - 0 posts
Barcelona Notary Question - 4 posts
Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x