PayPal and Ebay

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2013 2:01 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, I have an Ebay account. My registration address is in the uk and my primary delivery address here in Spain.

My paypal account is in Spain both for registration and delivery. This is linked to my spanish bank account.

I have a uk bank account with debit card.

I purchase from ebay uk and for every transaction I am hit by paypals exhorbitant exchange rate from Euros to GBP.

I would like to set my paypal up in the uk linked to my uk bank account whilst retaining my spanish delivery address so I purchase in GBP.

I am sure paypal would not allow this as they would lose their commision on every one of my purchases.

I keep thinking that there must be a way round this even if I have to open a new paypal account and under a different email address.

I would very much welcome advice  on this please as I am sure there is a way round it. thanks

Like 0      
11 Nov 2013 8:58 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

With PayPal you can definitely set up another method of payment as well as the main account you started PayPal up with, just the same as you can set up another delivery address.

Check out the site correctly and you will see what to do.

Me personally I prefer to send all payments from my credit card, if anything gets lost / stolen etc you have some sort of guarantee with a credit card as opposed to a debit card, and that is happening a lot now, in fact more and more the seller's are saying they sent it, knowing full well they didn't....Buyer beware.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 11/11/2013.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2013 5:37 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi baz1946, thanks for that. I went onto my spanish paypal account to change payment method. It came up with "spain or USA"

I wonder whether I must set up a new account with paypal uk under a different email account and link it to my uk bank with delivery here.

May I ask for your opinion as you have obviously been successful in changing yours. thanks

Like 0      
11 Nov 2013 9:49 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi.

I cant say what the Spanish set up is for PayPal, and i have to say you surprised me when you checked yours out and it came up with Spain and USA, far apart for sure.

I sell a fair bit through E-bay from my business, but buy only a small amount, how i found out that you could change things with PayPal was by accident really, i bought one item and had always used my home address for delivery,  when getting ready to pay for this item i noticed that on the paying part of your account you could change the registered address for delivery,  so i just went ahead, added my business address and paid.  Have done it this way a couple of times now with no trouble and still have my ome address as well to use.

When you set up your account did you enter / register two accounts, one a credit card, and one bank account?  i think PayPal make you do this so as to safe guard that you have two or more sources of money for payments if you dont have any funds in your PayPal account.

Go through the site carefully and change and add any accounts as well as the main used account, also verify another delivery address to where you want item's sent just in case.

Waiting now on something to finish, when it does i will double check my account and get back to you on what i find....If i win the item that is and don't get beat by a penny.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2013 10:21 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Baz1946,

Thanks for that. I shall have another plough through paypal site.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2013 11:04 PM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

After you have logged into paypal go to profile.  My money.  You can have one bank account linked to your paypal account but as many credit/debit cards as you want. I think that paypal will check the card by making a small deposit and then you have to check the statement to link and confirm the card.  Hope that helps 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Changing from english to spanish car - 6 posts
driving licence - 2 posts
Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts
Holiday rental properties wanted - 0 posts
Astra 28 degrees east new satellite free to air HD Channel. - 0 posts
Barcelona Notary Question - 4 posts
Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts
property survey - 2 posts
Legal tip 1061. Work with our team coach - 0 posts
Extra Fees to cover Shortfall due to Debtors - 33 posts
Squatters - 3 posts
Transferring U.S Dollars INTO Spain (La Caixa) - 10 posts
Looking for a campingsite in the south - 6 posts
Vista-del-Rey - 3 posts
MJV Winter Flights - Don't Believe Murcia Today! - 7 posts
satalite dish size to receive freesat in benidorm - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x