changing windows 7 language

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2013 10:38 PM by jeryf Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi, I am looking to buy a new laptop. I have found a couple that interest me on amazon but the sellers do not ship to spain.

My first question is does anyone know of a uk laptop retailer who ships to spain.

secondly if that is not available can I purchase a laptop here in spain and simply change windows operating language from spanish to english or do I need to pay to have windows english progg installed.Thanks

Like 0      
21 Sep 2013 1:45 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

If Microsoft continued the policy they started with Vista, language conversion is not possible on the low end variants of the OS. Only the two high end variants have the capability...

If you want an English version of the OS the best way is to by direct from the UK since you will only have to pay for one OS... If you buy in Spain, generally speaking the laptop will have the Spanish Language variant installed and you will have to pay for the English language variant on top...

Suggestion... try novatech.co.uk... they will ship to Spain. I believe the delivery charge is £25. They are one of the UK's top suppliers. The baseline prices quoted do not normally include the OS; you make your selection of OS from a dropdown menu and the price is adjusted accordingly. All novatech products are built and assembled in the UK in Portsmouth and the company have been around for years...

I do not have anything to do with the company and am merely passing on a recommendation as a previous client.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
21 Sep 2013 7:42 AM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
If you buy a laptop with Windows 8 in Spain it is possible to change the language by downloading a variant in settings > language

Like 0      
21 Sep 2013 3:55 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

When I bought a new lap top in April 2012, the Windows 7 Home Premium, operating system had not been installed, although it was on the hard disc.

When I installed the prog I was invited to choose the language I wanted.    I chose English and it was installed in that language. 

The shop where I bought the lap top  had offered to install the prog in English for an additional 50 euros !!!

Like 0      
03 Nov 2013 4:16 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Hi

My laptop came from the Uk so the operating I have the is in English but I have two problems.

1. I more and more frequently had messages saying that Internet explorer is out of date. I tried several times to upgrade but each time it fails due to some other microsoft units not working correctly. You are directed to the microsoft site but the updates never correct the problem. Finally fed up with this I tried to install Google Chrome instead. This was/is a disaster, not only is Chrome in Spanish whether it uploades from a British or Spanish source but lots of adverts in Spanish keep popping up all the the time (even with pop-ups turned off). Help.

2. At the same time these alterations have affected my computer. Now when I am typing (this for instance) I have to keep my eye on it all the time as it suddenly jumps (seemingly at random) anywhere in the text and inserts my typing there. I has done it several times while I have been typing this. It makes even composing a simple email difficult. Help.

Tteedd

Like 0      
03 Nov 2013 7:48 PM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

Hi,

Google Chrome is one of the best browsers around at the moment, and you can have it in any language you want, go into settings, click on 'advanced settings', you can change the language to english,

I never see any ads in Chrome because I've installed the 'ad block' addon, and it does a great job blocking ads.

I don't think Chrome has affected your computer, it could be a virus, try scanning your computer with your virusscanner, if you don't have a virusscanner, use AVG, they do a free version.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2013 8:52 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi, I am looking to buy a new laptop. I have found a couple that interest me on amazon but the sellers do not ship to spain.

My first question is does anyone know of a uk laptop retailer who ships to spain.

secondly if that is not available can I purchase a laptop here in spain and simply change windows operating language from spanish to english or do I need to pay to have windows english progg installed.Thanks

Try John Lewis, they sell laptops and most everything else, good company, not 100% sure but according to one of my friends who buys a fair bit from them John Lewis deliver to Spain for about £7.50 ish, but do check first.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money. - 1 posts
Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts
Water Fines - 2 posts
PVA bonding - repairing a badly rendered wall - 1 posts
Planning permission - 9 posts
Things to know before moving to Spain - 2 posts
UK TV channels in Spain. - 17 posts
A host of questions - 41 posts
car age - 7 posts
Linkedin..... opinions welcome - 5 posts
210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x