RENEWING PADRON

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2013 2:56 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how often the padron has to be renewed.

also which documents are needed when renewing.

coolyes

Like 0      
13 Sep 2013 3:11 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
It is recommended that you renew it every 5years but you will need an up to date one if you buy a car etc I have just renewed mine and all I needed was the old padron

Like 0      
13 Sep 2013 3:53 PM by wizzard2 Star rating in Costa Blanca. 32 posts Send private message

Our Local Councillor in San Fulgencio,wrote on his blog less than a week ago,Regarding the Padron and he stated,that if your Padron is more than TWO years old,Central Government will strike out your details and your Council. Will not get any help from them cash wise for the things they help with at the moment.

I now wonder if this is true or not.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 1:11 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what's a padron ?

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 6:04 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

In our municipality the padrón (the list of persons residing in the municipality, which results in subsidies for the municipality from central government, to assist payment for providing local police, and other local services)  those who are registered on the EU Citizens Register must sign on every 5 years, those who are not so registered, every 2 years.  Not dong so for us, means no discount on the various local taxes and charges.

When I did it last I just produced my ID.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 9:04 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Once you have registered on the padron, it is the local councils responsibility to check you are still a resident, it is not your responsibility to renew it. As far as two years is concerned, this relates to non EU citizens, who must renew their registration after 2 years.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2013 10:46 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Our Local Councillor in San Fulgencio,wrote on his blog less than a week ago,Regarding the Padron and he stated,that if your Padron is more than TWO years old,Central Government will strike out your details and your Council. Will not get any help from them cash wise for the things they help with at the moment.

In the case of my local council, this is probably a good thing.  Less money for them to waste.  We have 600 employees "working" at the town hall.  Total population is around 11,000, so one town hall "worker" for every 18 people.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts
UK vet prescriptions - 4 posts
Spanish Property Rental .. what success level (Good or bad) with your property. - 1 posts
Pheromone traps for Red Weedvil beetles - 4 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers' Client is offering... - 3 posts
Those Who Live in Glass Houses...... - 37 posts
Resident or not - 4 posts
Gateway To India - Roldan, Murcia - 0 posts
Pension Parity Makes Economic Sense - 1 posts
Any computer boffs out there? - 3 posts
Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x