car age

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2013 6:12 PM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how you can tell the year of registration of a car by the number plate?

Also I am thinking of buying a citreon jumpy. are these good cars and where would be the best place to buy a used one I live in San Pedro Alicante.

Many thanks

Ollie

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 7:21 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The current numeric/alfa  system was introduced in the year 2000 with the reg 0000BBB, it will run until we get to 9999ZZZ we are curently up to around HST ish - they don't use the vowels AEIOU or Q

D prefixes went from 2005 to sometime in 2007, F prefixes took over and went to about Feb 2008  G's took over until October 2010 and as I say we are now on H's

Sorry I don't about Citreon Jumpys

Like 1      
18 Sep 2013 7:29 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
If a car is imported and changed to spanish plates it receives the next number on the pile unlike the UK where a number is allocated which reflects the age

This message was last edited by scubamike on 18/09/2013.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2013 8:29 PM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

Thank you Team GB and Scubamike.

Like 3      
18 Sep 2013 10:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

No Problem Ollie

Have a look at these websites for the Citreon

http://www.milanuncios.com/

http://www.segundamano.es/

http://www.autoscout24.es/

http://www.coches.net/

Like 1      
22 Sep 2013 2:54 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

Hi

I might be a bit late with this but if you have an android phone you can download an app called 'Fecha matrículas España'. You put in the reg number and it tells you when the car was registered. It's free and gets a good rating.

Like 1      
22 Sep 2013 4:23 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We tried the websites shown below but found that most of the cars that came up were in Barcelona or Madrid. A bit far for us to travel from Murcia I'm afraid. Most of the Citroen dealers we visited did not have much in the way of second hand stock. In the end we pushed the boat out and bought new as the offers were very good.

As you are in San Pedro You might be better trying some of the second hand dealers in Torrevieja area. Just drive up the 332 towards Torrevieja and you will see loads of them. There are also loads of adverts in the free papers.

There are one or two dealers  I have heard of who sell older secondhand cars that are not on the 332 but within a reasonable distance from you. If you want details i can send you some info by PM.

Cannot comment on Citroen Jumpy but we are very happy owners of a Citroen C3 and a  Grand Picasso.

Jean

Like 1      
23 Sep 2013 11:40 AM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

Thank you for the info Fartharder. Do you know if there is an app like that on the iphone?

Thank you for your info too ayrez, I will have a look on the 332. I may have changed my mind about a jumpy now, Im looking at maybe a Ford Connect

Cheers everyone for you help.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Linkedin..... opinions welcome - 5 posts
210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x