Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2013 12:21 PM by kimberleyallen Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I have rented out my house on a long let for 10 months.  I don't want to change the name of the contract holder, just the name of the person and the bank details for the direct debit, to the tenant.  I've been advised that if you change the name of the contract holder then there are quite steep charges and an electricity check is needed.  Also it's only a temporary change and I want to be able to keep an eye on the account too.

I have an online Endesa account.   I logged in and changed it to English.  In the section for the payment details I attempted to change the direct debit details. It didn't seem to allow me to change the name of the bank account holder but it did allow me to change the bank details.  That seems strange as you would think that the name on the bank account should match the bank account details.  Anyway it seems to have accepted it.  I received emails acknowledging the change and when I logged in to check the new bank details were there, even though they don't match the name of the bank account holder!  

Then I received emails saying (using Google Translate):

Dear Customer: To process your request we need some additional information: phone number of the new owner to pay.
To hacérnoslos get, click on the link below and enter the details requested in the text box that will appear. Then click the Post Reply button. We appreciate your confidence in using our Online Office.

But when I clicked on the link I couldn't understand what they wanted in that form, it seemed to want some attachment, so I just re-entered the phone number in the account section on the website.

A further email appeared to say:
Dear Customer:
We inform you that happened within two days to provide us with the information requested for the correct processing of management. Please, if within two days you will not give us the information we require, your request will be closed. If this happens should generate a new request.
To hacérnoslos get, click on the link below and enter the details requested in the text box that will appear. Then click the Post Reply button. We appreciate your confidence in using our Online Office.

Again, I couldn't understand the page the link took me to but also, confusingly, at the bottom of the email it said:
For the safety of your data is important not to seek other arrangements through this e-mail. Please use our website, where the information is protected by our secure environment. Otherwise, and to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data, we can not process your request.

So again, I logged in, entered the phone number and I have received the standard 'thank you' for your changes email.  
I never removed the phone number in the first place so I don't understand why this error came up.

Has anyone else managed this successfully?  Does it matter that the name of the bank account holder doesn't match?
If I was to send my tenant to Endesa to change the account details of the person that is paying but leave the name of the contract holder the same would that incur charges?  I am in the UK so I can't go with them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS:  Sorry this seems to have gone into the wrong section on the forum, if an admin can move it please do!

This message was last edited by kimberleyallen on 12/09/2013.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 12:37 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Endesa have client services in English.  http://www.endesaonline.com/EN/Hogares/  (and select English at the top of the page if necessary).

Incidentally, if the property is under 20 years old, there is probably no charge to change the account holder. I did it for my son on the phone in English.

That said,  in your case I would not change the account holder but the DD account.

How to do that is explained on the above web page

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 12:51 PM by kimberleyallen Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks Elaine.  I have changed it into English as I said in my post but on the link that you posted I can't find any information anywhere about changing the bank details.  I have changed the bank details, apparently successfully, I am just confused that in that section it wouldn't allow me to change the name of the bank account holder, presumably because they want that to match the name of the contract holder.  The system accepted the change of the account details, ie the numbers, even though they belong to a different person than the name entered.  What I am wanting to know is:

Does the name of the bank account holder have to match the name of the contract holder and are there charges to change the name of the person who is paying the bill on direct debit, whilst leaving the name of the contract holder the same?

Does it matter that the name of the bank account holder doesn't match the owner of the bank account details? That is the situation on my account at the moment.

My property is over 20 years old

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 1:02 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Does the name of the bank account holder have to match the name of the contract holder and are there charges to change the name of the person who is paying the bill on direct debit, whilst leaving the name of the contract holder the same?

Does it matter that the name of the bank account holder doesn't match the owner of the bank account details.

My son pays the water charges by DD from his bank account  but the payment demands are in the name of the original contractor.  No problem.

My property is over 20 years old  

That will probably mean if you change the contract into another name,  you will need an inspection and maybe an up-date on the wiring etc.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 1:09 PM by kimberleyallen Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Ok thanks Elaine.  It still seems strange that they will accept a change of bank account details that don't match the name of the bank account holder but oh well... I'll see what happens!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 1:25 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

It still seems strange that they will accept a change of bank account details that don't match the name of the bank account holder

If you think about it  why would they be concerned who pays as long as payment is made.  (As long as ypur bank are happy).  If I go to Endesa and pay your bill they don’t need to know who I am.  The same would apply in UK if wanted just to pay your bill, I think, although banks there might be difficult.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 12/09/2013.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2013 1:57 PM by kimberleyallen Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Granted but usually when you have someone's bank details you have to have the name as well as sort code etc as they should all tally.  Anyway I'm not complaining if it avoids some charges!  I was just concerned that it wouldn't work if the details didn't match up, we shall see!  Thanks for your replies :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts
Electronic Cigarettes Airline Sales.. should it be allowed ? - 3 posts
UK vet prescriptions - 4 posts
Spanish Property Rental .. what success level (Good or bad) with your property. - 1 posts
Pheromone traps for Red Weedvil beetles - 4 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers' Client is offering... - 3 posts
Those Who Live in Glass Houses...... - 37 posts
Resident or not - 4 posts
Gateway To India - Roldan, Murcia - 0 posts
Pension Parity Makes Economic Sense - 1 posts
Any computer boffs out there? - 3 posts
Will the Internet ever get full - 2 posts
pool and gardener wanted. - 0 posts
Peter - 3 posts
CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts
spanish postal service - 1 posts
Part time kitchen helper required - 0 posts
Waitress required. English as a first language. Fuengirola area - 0 posts
Spanish digital tv - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x