Buy a plot of land in Spain for £500

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2013 7:07 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

YES IM DREAMIING, (NOT), IVE SOLD TWO PROPERTIES IN SPAIN IN  THE LAST FIVE YEARS,THE LAST ONE IN FEB, BUT ITS LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE MISSED OUT ON GETTING THE TOP PRICE.   AS YOU SAY  ( At present I would not buy in Spain at any price.  Over-all prices are still falling and even so the property market is still declining ) SO THE ONLY WAY FOR YOUR PROPERTY VALVE IN DOWNWARDS ,ACCORDING TO YOUR  PREDICTION

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 7:55 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

New world, sorry but we don’t seem to be on the page.

I live in Spain, I am happy to continue living in Spain, I do not want to sell my property nor buy another, so I have not missed out on anything, in fact, just about everything in my garden is rosy and my ‘glass is certainly, at least,  half full’,  I am at home here.

I follow the financial news in Spain and am aware that property prices continue to fall and that the only thing slowing the fall is probably existing owners who are still trying to sell at prices which are unobtainable.

Elaine Gonzales

This message was last edited by elaineG on 31/08/2013.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 8:37 AM by harddunby Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

There are a lot of UK television program's running with bronzed beauties extolling the properties in Spain again. Whilst the reality is that living in Spain is fine if you are fit,don,t have to work and speak Spanish but come lack of money and old age it becomes very different.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 8:57 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Whilst the reality is that living in Spain  (or ANYWHERE) is fine if you are fit, don’t have to work and speak Spanish but come lack of money and old age it becomes very different.

Sorry, Harddunby,  but isn't that that a quote from the 'School of the B.......  Obvious' ?

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 11:42 AM by Jackie222 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Great to see so much interest in this. I am a Spain-based journalist and part of the team working on this ITV Tonight programme on Buying in Spain.

We are still looking for some prospective British viewers of the building plots in Olmeda de la Cuesta to film this Tuesday (3rd Sept) -- including those already based in Spain who are interested. It is a postal auction, by the way, which ends on 19th September -- so no commitments needed!!!

Also we are keen to interview an estate agent who is knowledgeable about this phenomenon of abandoned plots and villages being sold off in Spain. We can help transport viewers or agents interested get to Cuenca, particularly if you are on the Costa Blanca -- which is the closest Costa.

Olmeda de la Cuesta is a small village near Cuenca in Castilla La Mancha.

The 15 building plots, which have varying degrees of ruins in them, are in the village itself, ranging from 60 m² for 600 euros to 283 m² for €3450.

They want people to build a house and live there or use it as a holiday home.

The mayor is organising the auction because there are too few residents left and they want new blood. Families are particularly welcome.

Yes, the would-be sale was first advertised in 2011, but it is only now that they are holding the auction. They have more recently added the smaller €600 plots.

There is a website for the village with photos of the plots. Just google olmedadelacuesta.

The village hasn't managed to market the auction to EU citizens because they don't

speak enough English to do so. The town hall consists of only the mayor! Outside Spain, many of their enquiries have been from people in South America. It`s been featured on Spanish and Chinese TV.

This section of our programme is just one part of an investigation into whether it's a good time to buy in Spain again.

You can contact me, Jackie, this weekend on mobile: 722 297 812. In the UK, on Monday, james.bolchover@itv.com on 0161 952 1028 (on Monday) or 00 44 7920 206694.

This message was last edited by Jackie222 on 31/08/2013.

This message was last edited by Jackie222 on 08/10/2013.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2013 11:42 PM by Jackie222 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

The finished programme was broadcast last Thursday (3rd Oct). I tried to post the link, but I`m still not allowed to! So just google ITV player and Tonight and Bargains in the Sun.

Overall the programme was positive -- unlike some people presumed...

We didn`t feature the village with the auction in the end -- Olmeda de la Cuesta --but the winners of the auction were announced on 5th October, so I look forward to looking up how much money they got for the plots.

Jackie

Like 0      
17 Oct 2013 10:00 AM by ombuilder000 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** SPAM **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/17/2013 1:49:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

internet connection speed - 6 posts
Villa or finca wanted for winter rental from november to april - 2 posts
confused!! - 2 posts
Import procedure - 0 posts
Sleeping Easy? - 1 posts
wanted for six months 2014 rental in benelmadena - 0 posts
leaking roof - 1 posts
KISSING GOODBYE TO TENANCY DEPOSITS - 5 posts
Coming for a Preview - 0 posts
applying for health care - 28 posts
TO ALL BLOGGERS & ADMIN - 0 posts
problems with my kindle. - 5 posts
problem with web page - 5 posts
habitation certificate - 40 posts
Blog changes!! WHERE ARE PHOTOS I UPLOADED? - 10 posts
Goodfly - 0 posts
administrators - 3 posts
I am looking at geting a new bench top any recommendations? - 3 posts
Disapponted visit to Spain - 10 posts
swimming pools - 2 posts
Social Security Payments- Optional? - 1 posts
Windows - 1 posts
Legal tip 1010. Law on Foreign investments in Spain. Bit four - 0 posts
Have you been affected by a Cowboy Builder? - 23 posts
JUST WHO IS DOING THE SHOPLIFTING - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x