internet connection speed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2013 9:30 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

does anyone know what internet connection speed you should be getting using a Telefonica land line , i have done a test and got about 2.57 this seems low to me but have what seems a good strength signal, can anyone tell me what would be the expected speed in this area around guardamar to torrevieja

Like 0      
28 Aug 2013 10:01 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There

Depends what Speed you have contracted with Telefonica or your other Service Provider. I am Contracted with Direct Telecom in Canary Islands and have managed to upgrade my Telefonica Line to 3Meg. Therefore I get anything between 2.5kbp to 2.8kps at different times of the day on my ADSL line.

Hope this help you

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
28 Aug 2013 12:15 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Nigel

I too am contracted with Direct Telecom but for 6megs. Why do you remain with Telefonica?

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 28/08/2013.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2013 2:12 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Marc

I still have to pay Monthly  Line Rental of E13.97 to Telefonica which Direct Telecom collects  from me every Month and pays over to them. Somebody told me that the Lines in our Area west of Estepona had been upgraded. Direct Telecom asked Telefonica to upgrade my Line from 1Meg to 3Meg without charging me. Therefore I have more than adequate Download speed for my Internet Requirements now.

Nigel

Like 0      
28 Aug 2013 4:45 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I think the speed depends on where you are, how far from an exchange etc.  But generally, broadband speed in Spain is third world.  We get 2.5 Mb, which is what I used to get well over 10 years ago in the UK.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2013 8:35 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

An update of my situation regards Internet Speed.

I have a Telefonica Land line and have had my internet server for the last Four years ,Euphoney now called Talk Out  a subsiduary of Orange.

On contacting them they informed me that i was contracted for 6 G,but should expect 3 G,  i have not figured that one out yet. When i contacted another server was told that i should ring Telefonica.,Telefonica told me that my line was capeable of 8to 10 G. and that iwas not under contract  for 6g with my server but only 3G.thus only getting 2.8G was about right. I have now another server that says there will be no problem me getting 8G and iam getting ready to change to them as when i contacted Euphoney they told me that they would definitly not be offering me anymore than i was getting. So i will vote with my feet.hope this may be of help and do recomend anyone to check their internet speed ,simply Google, Speed test, you maybe have been in the dark as i have been for Four years.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2013 12:51 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

This is the final update to this from my end.Today Talkout (ORANGE) Telephoned me to say that they were prepared togive me an internet speed of 8 m b, The lady added that i would not want it," Whyever not ?" I replied.

The price is 100 euros a month. conversation was over.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Villa or finca wanted for winter rental from november to april - 2 posts
confused!! - 2 posts
Import procedure - 0 posts
Sleeping Easy? - 1 posts
wanted for six months 2014 rental in benelmadena - 0 posts
leaking roof - 1 posts
KISSING GOODBYE TO TENANCY DEPOSITS - 5 posts
Coming for a Preview - 0 posts
applying for health care - 28 posts
TO ALL BLOGGERS & ADMIN - 0 posts
problems with my kindle. - 5 posts
problem with web page - 5 posts
habitation certificate - 40 posts
Blog changes!! WHERE ARE PHOTOS I UPLOADED? - 10 posts
Goodfly - 0 posts
administrators - 3 posts
I am looking at geting a new bench top any recommendations? - 3 posts
Disapponted visit to Spain - 10 posts
swimming pools - 2 posts
Social Security Payments- Optional? - 1 posts
Windows - 1 posts
Legal tip 1010. Law on Foreign investments in Spain. Bit four - 0 posts
Have you been affected by a Cowboy Builder? - 23 posts
JUST WHO IS DOING THE SHOPLIFTING - 11 posts
fulhampatrick - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x