:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

New British Passport Service

NEW PASSPORT RETURN DELIVERY SERVICE WITH EFFECT FROM 1 AUGUST 2007

The British Consular Services are improving the "return delivery service" of the new British biometric passport in line with what customers want - a quicker, more reliable, safer, customer friendly, and cost competitive service.   

The new service will ensure that new passports are:

·        personally hand delivered to customers;

·        delivered within 24 hours of being despatched from the Consulate-General in Madrid, to anywhere in Spain; and,

·        secure in transit, with despatch from Consulate-General Madrid monitored until delivery to the customer.

From Wednesday 1 August, the British Consulate-General in Madrid will return new passports to customers via Bpack - one of Spain's leading courier companies.   To ensure new return delivery standards are met, neither the Spanish Postal Service (Correos) nor other courier companies will be used after that date. Customers can still collect their passports in person from the Consulate-General in Madrid if they wish. 

In addition to guaranteed and improved return delivery, the new service will give customers immediate access to despatch information, either:

·        on-line, by accessing Bpack's tracking system via the British Embassy Madrid's website http://www.bpack.net/britishconsulate.aspx; or,

·        by telephoning the Bpack implant at the Consulate-General Madrid on 91 524 9757 - open between Monday to Friday 0900-1400 hrs when a Bpack despatch adviser can help.

Customers will continue to send their application to the British Consulate-General Madrid by whatever means they choose - post (Correos) or courier of their choice - although we'd suggest Bpack by calling 91 524 9757 to make arrangements.

http://www.spanishsunnewspaper.com/home.php?page_id=108

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 6:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
No mention of whether the cost of this service will be included in the exhorbitant renewal fee, or if it will be cynically passed on to the passport holder. Wouldn't surprise me. If you are visiting the UK any time close to your passport expiry date, renew it there if possible, and avoid getting ripped off by the consulate/embassy. Even in the UK, Brits seem to pay more for a passport than other nationalities. Is it such an honour to carry a UK passport these days?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 6:14 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thankfully the embossing has worn off mine and it could be issued in any European country - Rip off Britain seems to get worse and worse and under the auspicious (or should that be suspicious) Mr Brown could it get any better - hmmmmm watch this space!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 6:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Welcome to the forum, Smiley! Where the Hell have you been? I've missed our sleep-overs.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 10:59 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Oh mon vieux where do I begin - I wont bore you with the details but it has been a very hectic few months and a lot of changes. Unfortunately where I now live I dont have internet access so I have to make the best of my time during the day but then it does leave the evenings free for a few beers instead I guess. Missed our sleepovers too - especially that last brandy of the day on the deck (eyes peeled for the dwarf!!).

Have a good un

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x