Gold Car at MURCIA San Javier Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2013 4:38 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Has anyone had a very long delays waiting to be served with a Rental Car from GOLD CAR at Murcia airport.

or was our 2 hour wait to be served a "one off "last year when two flights arrived together.  Is this standard ?

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2013 5:00 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

aliton

19 Mar 2013 16:38

Has anyone had a very long delays waiting to be served with a Rental Car from GOLD CAR at Murcia airport.

or was our 2 hour wait to be served a "one off "last year when two flights arrived together. Is this standard ?

Has anyone had a very long delays waiting to be served with a Rental Car from GOLD CAR at Murcia airport.

or was our 2 hour wait to be served a "one off "last year when two flights arrived together. Is this standard ?

If you listen to what some of the people are saying when they rent a car it's almost the same argument that makes these delays....."I paid 60€ for the 14 days rental, you want 110€ for fuel, you want 56€ for the insurance top up, now you want my credit card, this is more then i paid for the car... any other catches?" 

I recently stood behind some idiot who took great delight in shouting out to anyone who would listen to all this, then trying to make the rental car worker see sense, like as if this guy owned the rental business. Took about 1 hour, he still had to rent the car anyway.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2013 5:47 PM by joan1 Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

joan1´s avatar

Hi

We had the same trouble last year with Gold, then we had to take their extra Insurance in my name also even though I wont drive abroad because my husband didn't have his visa debit card, we were using mine, which was the same number and account, I had to be registered as a driver, cost us a fortune in the end, looking on eye on spain this year.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2013 8:03 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I had used Gold Car for around 8 years. Then saw sence and purchased my own S/H car 3 years ago It is parked at Murcia Airport. when I am not in Spain. I get over approx 5/6 times a year. I found by purchasing a car of my own it paid for it'self with-in 18 mths. No more long waits at car hire desks. I was waiting anything up to 1 hour to get my keys. It does not matter if I use Alicante or Murcia. My car is always waiting outside arrivals A great service at around €1 a day.

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 19/03/2013.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2013 6:51 AM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

There have been multiple complaints in the press and on consumer forums all over Europe about Gold Car:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php

Like 0      
20 Mar 2013 10:47 AM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

If you book through EOS ( do you Spain) Rent a Car the good thing is that you are able to "take out" companies that you would prefer NOT to supply the car.

If you book through Rentalscars.com  of Manchester you will end up in the Gold Car queue as you wont know who is supplying car until you pres the "book it" key...

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

An older UK Prime Minister next time please.? - 0 posts
Hello Norman - 4 posts
UK Car to Spanish plates - 1 posts
we are thinking of moving to spain. any info would be great thanks - 20 posts
WANTED - BIKES (Alicante Region) - 0 posts
Mattress Wanted - King Size (190cm x 150cm) - 0 posts
Marriage Registration Refusal - 0 posts
Seamstress/dressmaker needed in CDS - 2 posts
Getting into and out of Gibraltar - 1 posts
surprising charges - 4 posts
Time to move your saving out of Spanish Banks.. could Cyprus be thin end of wedge.? - 13 posts
Looking for a villa near beach, restaurants, Alicante or Murcia? - 7 posts
Broker Recommendations - 10 posts
scammed by electricians - 2 posts
Will Spain copy Cyprus and rob our savings? - 95 posts
Horizontal Law Changes - 0 posts
moving this summer (hopefully) - 12 posts
Shocked by Judge's decision - 3 posts
Experimental Smart City In Santander - 0 posts
Offplan purchase contracts - 2 posts
Evictions and legal procedures - 0 posts
This News Really Annoys Me! - 13 posts
Youz all being a bit boring recently - 2 posts
Non residents tax returns... - 6 posts
Preliminary Hearing Last Week. Now another 19 month wait. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x