Marriage Registration Refusal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2013 4:47 PM by Eloy Star rating in London . UK. 10 posts Send private message

Two and half years have passed since my application for marriage registration in the Spanish Consulate in London was refused and my appeal to the Direccion General de Registros y del Minesterio de Justicia was turned down. After spending a great deal amount of money in lawyer  fees complying with legal documentation required by the Ministerio, not only was my Spanish nationality withdrawn by the consulate during my appeal process because I had obtained British Nationality before it was allowed in Spain but also my appeal has not been successful, ( now it is possible to have dual nationality ) . I did reinstate my Spanish nationality straight away, surprisingly an easy process also through the consulate which it only took me a couple months.  I did get in touch with my  M E P  during my appeal and they were very helpful, they refered my case to the British Embassy in Madrid who wrote to the consulate in London and obviously Civil Registry were not too happy when I went to see them during my visits to the consulate. 

Last week I was left a message on my answer phone from the Civil Registry at the Consulate to get in touch with them with regard to my appeal as they had news from the Direccion General de Registros y del Ministerio de Justicia in Madrid. I phoned them today and I was told that my appeal was turned down and would I come round to collect the letter for the refusal to my marriage registration. I will be going sometime this week to collect the letter but I wonder if it is worth to refer again my case to the  Equality And Human Rights Commision as I have exhausted all options, one of the conditions that I had to comply with the  E H R C  before they take my case.

I do have my Spanish nationality back and also the Documento Nacional de Identidad. My wife will eventually acquire British Nationality this year and will not be needing a visa to visit our family in Spain but it is the principle in all this that has happened to us with the Consulate after complaying with all the legal requirements by the book from Philippines to London to have my wife settled as a Citizen of Europe and now for simple marriage registration which I believe is our legal right, we have been turned down by the Spanish Authorities, therefore breaking articles 8 and 12 of the Equality and Human Rights Commision, a right to Family Life and Age Discrimination. What it matters most in our case is not the marriage inscription in the Civil Registry in Spain but to be moraly recognised as husband and wife in the country.

I will be consulting the  E H R C  about this outcome and decide if it is worth to take it further that is if this case is valid in Spain.

Eloy 

This message was last edited by Eloy on 18/03/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Seamstress/dressmaker needed in CDS - 2 posts
Getting into and out of Gibraltar - 1 posts
surprising charges - 4 posts
Time to move your saving out of Spanish Banks.. could Cyprus be thin end of wedge.? - 13 posts
Looking for a villa near beach, restaurants, Alicante or Murcia? - 7 posts
Broker Recommendations - 10 posts
scammed by electricians - 2 posts
Will Spain copy Cyprus and rob our savings? - 95 posts
Horizontal Law Changes - 0 posts
moving this summer (hopefully) - 12 posts
Shocked by Judge's decision - 3 posts
Experimental Smart City In Santander - 0 posts
Offplan purchase contracts - 2 posts
Evictions and legal procedures - 0 posts
This News Really Annoys Me! - 13 posts
Youz all being a bit boring recently - 2 posts
Non residents tax returns... - 6 posts
Preliminary Hearing Last Week. Now another 19 month wait. - 9 posts
Thinking of Moving to spain - 6 posts
Websites advertising cars for sale - 5 posts
Closed terrace of an apartment - 3 posts
View on Bullfighting, should it be banned? - 13 posts
Property purchase tax - 0 posts
Resident to buy a new car - 3 posts
Considering buying new car - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x