surprising charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2013 10:21 PM by mitziedog Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I have owned a property out in Algorfa for about 6 years. Recently on my last two bank statements I've had a couple of extra charges come out, one for a Non-resident accreditaion commission and the other is a General directorate of police fee. No word of warning from the bank or anywhere else.

Anybody else heard of these or had the same happen recently? Appreciate any comments

Thanks Rob

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 7:22 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Holders of non-resident bank accounts have to provide a certificate, issued by the Documentation Section of the police to prove they are still non-resident. I believe it is every two years.  It may vary from bank to bank..

The customer can either do that themselves, but most banks will do it on their behalf. 

Your charges are the banks charge for their work and the cost of the certificate.

Some of you may have been advised by your bank that you need to provide them with a non-resident certificate or have the account frozen. The measure is still confusing as different lenders are applying existing legislation (a mixture of 1991, 1997 and 2007 sets of regulations) differently and whilst some are requesting the certificate electronically, from the appropriate government offices (at a charge of around 15 to 20 Euros), every year, others have requested that the bank account holder provides a hard copy obtained at the Police Station within 15 days from being notified failing which their bank account will be frozen. In these cases the certificate is valid for 2 years after which date the bank will request it electronically.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/03/2013.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 8:36 AM by mitziedog Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks for that reply. We hadn't had any notification from the bank that it going out and this is the first time it has been taken, i have emailed them to ask their own opinion. As for the police fee thingy, that remains another hidden charge mystery?!, unless they are both the same charge taken over a couple of months.

Regards

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 8:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It is two charges, the bank and the police.

It has been in effect for a number of  years. 

My son is Non Res, we have never had a notification,  his bank have just gone ahead and done it.  If the cert is not produced your account gets frozen.

Maybe you missed the charge last time or our bank forgot. 

It is a 'normal' charge.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/03/2013.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2013 8:48 AM by mitziedog Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

ahh,... understood, thanks!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Time to move your saving out of Spanish Banks.. could Cyprus be thin end of wedge.? - 13 posts
Looking for a villa near beach, restaurants, Alicante or Murcia? - 7 posts
Broker Recommendations - 10 posts
scammed by electricians - 2 posts
Will Spain copy Cyprus and rob our savings? - 95 posts
Horizontal Law Changes - 0 posts
moving this summer (hopefully) - 12 posts
Shocked by Judge's decision - 3 posts
Experimental Smart City In Santander - 0 posts
Offplan purchase contracts - 2 posts
Evictions and legal procedures - 0 posts
This News Really Annoys Me! - 13 posts
Youz all being a bit boring recently - 2 posts
Non residents tax returns... - 6 posts
Preliminary Hearing Last Week. Now another 19 month wait. - 9 posts
Thinking of Moving to spain - 6 posts
Websites advertising cars for sale - 5 posts
Closed terrace of an apartment - 3 posts
View on Bullfighting, should it be banned? - 13 posts
Property purchase tax - 0 posts
Resident to buy a new car - 3 posts
Considering buying new car - 12 posts
Murder mystery nights in Torrevieja and All Inclusive Cruises from Valencia/? - 3 posts
SKY TV - 14 posts
FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas: - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x