Thinking of Moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2013 2:36 PM by slewis100 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I wonder if anyone could help me , i am a disabled person with a walking disability , and getting higher rate of dla , and recieve other benefits , i was wondering if any one else has moved to spain with disabilities and if you were allowed to keep your benefits , reason for going is that the warmer weather over there wold be so much better for my condition which is quite rare.....My father would be coming with me but he has raf pension so he would be fine.

Any info or help would be most welcomed , thank you

Like 0      
14 Mar 2013 2:55 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Surely the first thing to do is phone the DWP in UK to find out exactly what you will be entitled to. Asking here will provide you with lots of opinions and experiences, but you want accurate facts.

I would say that many people are surprised by how cold it is in Winter, not helped by the fact that most houses in Spain are not insulated. The cost of heating is high.

Do you require walking aids,  or special equipment etc?-these are not provided in Spain.

Spain is getting better with disabled access etc, but many places are not equipped for it.

I am not trying to put you off, but trying to be realistic-have you googled about disability in Spain. You must do lots of research.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2013 3:58 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi, I'd strongly suggest you contact Kim Clark Benefits Consultancy.

Kim is based in spain and really is exceptionally helpful in exactly this kind of thing and can assist in your applications.

He can be reached on kimos28@hotmail.com

His numbers in Spain are 950 169 729 or 663 297 568 (obviously use the 0034 prefix if calling form outside of Spain.

Regards, Carl

Like 0      
14 Mar 2013 7:05 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

I must agree with camposol, do you research before you move It's much easier to find these things out in the UK from somenody who speaks the same language. When you get to Spain it can all be sorted out but to be pre warned is to be pre armed.

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
26 Mar 2013 11:44 PM by slewis100 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the comments , we are currently searching for a farmhouse in spain , am i right in thinking i have to register in spain because im staying for more than 3 months ? and some properties seem to say 11 + rental , is there some kind of restriction of number of months ?

Many Thanks

Like 0      
27 Mar 2013 7:06 AM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

With regards to keeping UK disability allowance in Spain check out this website http://www.dls.org.uk/advice/factsheet/welfare_benefits/benefits_abroad/Benefits_abroad.pdf

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
27 Mar 2013 7:24 AM by Ian_n_Angie Star rating in Buckinghamshire and .... 35 posts Send private message

I can only reiterate what others have said previously, research is the key and do as much as you can before you come over to live. Winter here is cold especially up in the countryside. I have bad knees and cold nights have left them sore and stiff. Though the sunnier day time makes you feel better about yourself. :)

I am not sure what kind of health care you will require long term but again something that will need investigating, ie how far away from it are you etc.

Good luck with it all.

Angie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Websites advertising cars for sale - 5 posts
Closed terrace of an apartment - 3 posts
View on Bullfighting, should it be banned? - 13 posts
Property purchase tax - 0 posts
Resident to buy a new car - 3 posts
Considering buying new car - 12 posts
Murder mystery nights in Torrevieja and All Inclusive Cruises from Valencia/? - 3 posts
SKY TV - 14 posts
FilmOn stops transmitting UK terrestrial channels overseas: - 26 posts
Security - 2 posts
cotaluz lawyers - 0 posts
New! Law 57/68 and Huma-Banco Popular. Case won by CostaLuz - 3 posts
Paying IBI a year late - 12 posts
Pets - 0 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 327 posts
Energy Performance Certificates come to Spain - 7 posts
Protest in Malaga Airport - 3 posts
Justice for Chris Huhne and his ex wife - 18 posts
Watching Formula 1 - 2013 in Spain - 0 posts
boat hire san javier - 0 posts
health care in Spain - 0 posts
Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
Outside terrace - 8 posts
NORMANSANDS - 11 posts
Bromley to Almoradi - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x