Latest house price news from Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2012 8:20 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Thanks Foxi I'm looking forward to my first Spanish Xmas hugely. Had a wonderful day doing the lights in Málaga and doing the Ruta de Belenes, visiting loads of wonderful Nativity scenes including one huge one made entirely of Plasticene.

And just think, if I'd waited till the market fell I might have missed it!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 8:26 AM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

Tamara,

No question you have made the right decision given your cicumstances & requirements.

Have a Jolly Jolly Christmas,

Harry

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 8:57 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Ahh yes Tamara, but let's hope we all have next year - isn't the world meant to end today lol

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 11:46 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Is it just me or does this Harry07 sound just a bit like the posts Norman used to write.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:26 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I think it was supposed to be 11.11 a.m - unless of course it is running late!!!!!

It does intrigue me about people changing identities - I am sure the guy who went sailing to Australia in his Lady Warmer is still posting under a different name - I wont say which one!!!!

Norman was cantankerous.  Harry is just argumentative and I think tongue in cheak?   But of course anyone can have multiple personalities!!!!!!!!       

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:37 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

i have read this site a lot before and even registered before but i lost access to the email i registered with so i guess i have a multiple identity because my old posts are still there.

but i am not norman or thet dbs that was bullied off the site.

quite a few here have mutiple accounts and you can definelty tell from their posting style

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:42 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I was away for a month or so, where did Norman go?  I found him quite funny at times.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:23 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Ah Mungry, you are very kind re the DBS guy.   I did not enter into his long know it all ramblings or engage with him, but I do think he was a bit over the top in terms of self satisfied smugness!!!   I don't like people who claim to know it all - and I think it was him who said that Greece would leave the EU over last Christmas when the markets were closed - said with such certainty!!!!!   

But when you put it like that - I guess he was bullied off, but mark my words, he will still be here - posting under another name. 

Norman came back for a little while - but to be honest, I think a lot of the posters who used to feel so bitter about being cheated (quite rightly bitter of course) now realise they probably had a narrow escape and were lucky to just lose deposits (even if substantial!!!)

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:37 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Did I miss something, did Norman swindle money from people here?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:41 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

God no!!!!!!   Was Norman not one of the deposit losers from ilegal builds?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:54 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

i think he lost his life savings to a spanish developer so he was really bitter (which of course one would be)

he found people here that understood what he went through but he voiced his opinion a little too much so the core posters bullied him and he left occasionally. or was banned from posting sometimes.

Forum dynamics are awesome.

i am sure you have all seen this lots of times.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/163734/forumjerk.html

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:57 PM by moncapitan Star rating in South by South West. 117 posts Send private message

how did he lose his life savings?

sounds terrible!

Let's get deeply into debt. 

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 1:59 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

same way thousands did in spain

they put down deposits on off plan or just generally got ripped off.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:04 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I don't think Norman was bullied off.  I think people generally were very tolerant of him - because he had lost money.   But sometimes it was difficult to make sense of him, and other times he was amusing.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:08 PM by moncapitan Star rating in South by South West. 117 posts Send private message

I wonder if it was Algorfa

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:10 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Oh poor Norman and all the others that lost money.  I sooooooooooo hate to hear stuff like this.  I bet he is angry, I would be too. He didn't sound like a young man so I do feel deeply sorry for him and hope he comes back.  Thanks for informing us of the facts Mungry.  I did find him quite amusing, if not sometimes acerbic but he made me smile, which can only be a good thing.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:15 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

He was maybe lucky to only lose the deposit maybe

If he had bought it maybe he would have lost a lot more but people dont think like that.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:17 PM by moncapitan Star rating in South by South West. 117 posts Send private message

how much was his life savings if he only put the deposit down?

that's a very risky thing to do - leverage your entire life savings in property in a foreign country.

if only he could fill us in on the details so we can avoid these pitfulls in future.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:26 PM by Harry07 Star rating. 205 posts Send private message

"I wonder if it was Algorfa"

Now now young man please behave & lets not get naughty today.

By the way, did we ever establish if the market remains an "absolute buy" after all the intellectual soul searching ???

Foxi,

Please don't forget that I am "NORMAN" if you want to know anything !!!

Cheers,

Harry

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 2:29 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

'''Oh poor Norman and all the others that lost money. I sooooooooooo hate to hear stuff like this. I bet he is angry, I would be too. He didn't sound like a young man so I do feel deeply sorry for him and hope he comes back. Thanks for informing us of the facts Mungry. I did find him quite amusing, if not sometimes acerbic but he made me smile, which can only be a good thing'''

There something we can agree on Foxilady, it must be Christmas!.

Moncapitan, Norman gave all the details many times over and did suffer a lot of abuse from some people.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts
Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts
home page on my laptop - 2 posts
Astra 1N, 2F & 2E satellite change over information & reception maps UK TV Spain - 0 posts
Nox-Bellcow successfully developed a new kind of tencel spunlace - 0 posts
210 on-line return no charge - 20 posts
The Three Wise Men were from Spain! - 9 posts
Anyone know of a Chimney Sweep in The Sotogrande area? - 4 posts
Really Good Value Christmas Day Meal - 0 posts
Coming to Formentera Del Segura and question please! - 2 posts
Non-Resident Tax, what you need to know - 0 posts
Need help - 2 posts
proof of income for nie number - 3 posts
Spanish language help - 2 posts
Sabinillas area air conditioning service - 2 posts
Mugged by Spanish Taxman? Any Advice - 1 posts
My first post - 6 posts
New Condado Buyer from CAM but not had mortgage offer after 6 weeks?? - 1 posts
Best Bank for ExPats. - 7 posts
Louise Clark - 5 posts
Graphic Designers or Gifted Amateurs - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 158

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x