Corvera Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2012 7:15 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Yes, I agree, flying into San Javier opens possibilities for lunch and shopping en route to Almeria.  But mainly I am not keen because people say that flying into a mountain area is much bumpier than the coastal descent!!!   Other than that I have no axe to grinde.

Just want to ask - what disappointment of Paramount ??  Have I missed something??

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:18 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Yes I like San Jav too. But here is the latest on Murciatoday.

http://www.murciatoday.com/aena-issues-favourable-report-for-test-flights-at-regi%C3%B3n-de-murcia-international-airport_13509-a.html

My own view for what it is worth, is that it will happen next year, and San Jav traffic will be transferred to Corvera. You know the way in Spain. Nothing happens for ages, then all of a sudden its a mad rush.

Juan

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 3:07 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

acer, have you heard something new about Paramount?    I may be a sceptical, but I am not disappointed yet.  I am very interested in any news though, having searched the Spanish press and found precious little.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 6:15 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

No 'fraid not Roly2 - the last I heard was that they had no serious funding. Sr Jesus Samper was putting a brave face on it, but you've got to think that until this €uro mess is sorted nothing will happen.  The last I read was that the Spanish were pooh pooing the news about Paramount in Kent and emphasising the difference in the weather, which sounded a bit like sour grapes to me as I cannot see that the two are competitors.

But for sure, the Corvera opening will do the Paramount project no harm, however they've consistently said that when this happens San Javier will close to commercial traffic.  But yes, nothing in Spain can be taken for granted, other than the fact that little is ever straightforward.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Unethical Agent - 9 posts
Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts
INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts
Card Craft shops - 2 posts
Bifocals -v- Varifocals - 6 posts
November 14th General Strike - flight cancellations? - 17 posts
Electricity Charges - 0 posts
picture postcards - 0 posts
New to site. - 39 posts
Declaring cost of works to reduce tax liability - 0 posts
Spain - 8 Years Hence ?????? - 9 posts
Freesat changes - 2 posts
What grows in Spain? - 11 posts
Electricity meter - 8 posts
How to contact English Speaking Staff at Iberdrola - 1 posts
PARKING IN SEVILLE OVER CHRISTMAS - 2 posts
Laundry - 0 posts
flights - 2 posts
Television - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x