Agent advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2012 6:50 PM by vbettcher Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi

I own an apartment on the Costa Del Sol which is currently rented out  long term through an agent, I know my tenant is paying rent , electric and water to the agent but the agent rarely pays this to me.  Therefore I am looking for a new agent ready for when the current rental agreement ends.  

Just wondered if there was anybody out who could recommend a good agent.

Thanks

Val Bettcher

Like 0      
18 Sep 2012 10:17 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

No point in having an agent then, you may as well advertise on here etc & pay a neighbour to look sfter your property. You obviously never see your agent but your neighbour is always their. Give him your bank details to payor keep the rent it till you get their.

Never rented an apartment so I may be wrong, but this seems simple & efficient to me, I stand to be corrected (as I often am on this site).

Like 0      
18 Sep 2012 12:01 PM by jmc6 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Val,

I've been through this experience myself. I've just visited my agent about my apartment in Miraflores only to find that the guy I've been dealing with just left the business! I think it is incredible that an agent can take monies for rent etc and not pay to you.

A good friend of mine, who also has a property in the area, has now recommended their agent who were also referred to them. It is difficult to trust someone after such a bad experience. I'd used a neighbour before but this proved not to be reliable.

I can forward you their details if you want to contact them, in case they can help you?

Make sure you have a signed agreement in place for any future dealings with an agent. Better still, have the rent paid directly into your account.

Good luck,

John.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should the UK have adopted the EURO ? - 1 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Renault Megan RX4 - 0 posts
Should my wife get medical cover based on my Social Security or her UK pension - 5 posts
Flat in Marbella! - 1 posts
Furnitire for sale, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
The new 3 month rule for registering - 5 posts
Planning application in spain - 5 posts
New Passport Procedures - 17 posts
Gas Inspection? - 7 posts
Presidents of communities - 11 posts
Pets and their control - 0 posts
IVA Increase in Spain - 12 posts
Weather forecasts on this site - 1 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, claim before 21.9.12 - 20 posts
Ideas for nice towns between Malaga and Salobrena? - 3 posts
RHD in Spain - where do I get one - 5 posts
RHD for LHD Car - 2 posts
Long Term Let on Private Property (Landlords point of view) - 0 posts
Torrenueva, La Cala de Mijas, Malaga - 2 posts
Opel Meriva 1.7 TDi Diesel for Sale - 1 posts
greedy wife stealing inheritance from children - 0 posts
Paying tax - 1 posts
New satellite channel receiveable on 28.2 UK TV Costa Blanca - 0 posts
bad service from TELEAST..... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x