Any recommendations for places to stay in Seville?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

We're planning to spend a weekend in Seville being tourists next time we are in Spain, in July. Can anyone recommend a place to stay for 2/3 nights. Not too expensive, but must be clean! We will have two young children and Grandma with us.

Thank you.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2007 9:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

29 Jun 2007 11:55 AM by Gevaudan Star rating in Málaga. 16 posts Send private message

Gevaudan´s avatar

Hello Ef,

I´m a Spaniard living in Málaga town. Last year I when to Seville for a weekend with some friends from Barcelone. Instead of staying at a hotel, pension or similar, we decided to rent an apartment directly from an owner living himself next door, which resulted to be an excellent option because:

- Price was very good.

- The apartment was very clean and tidy as that family clean it themselves like if it were his home.

- In general the owners lives in the area, so if any problem of any kind arises during your stay they will normally help you (I can asure you Seville people is one of the most friendly and helpfull of Andalucia, which is almost to say of all Spain).

- You can negociate prices depending of how many you are, day of the week you are staying, etc. This is because Seville is a very touristic city, with many hotels, but summer is extremely hot (take care during your stay in July! :-), so many apartments may be free (high season in Seville town is Easter and the Feria, not especially July!

- The are many websites with properties to rent for a few days directly by the owner. Some of them with English language option. The apartment we stayed at was small, not suitable for 5 people, but I remember I contacted in the website: www.homelidays.com (hope no problem EOS webmaster for this publicity? thanks :-))-   

- Look for something maximun 15 minutes walking to what is considered the Town Centre. Some owner can offer parking space if you need it.

Regards,

Sergio

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 1:41 PM by John 777 Star rating in West Midlands. 109 posts Send private message

EF,

Agree with Gevaudan, I love Seville but it can get really hot during July & August (much hotter than the coastal areas). Not sure how old the children and grandma are so be sure they can cope with the heat. Most locals don't venture out to eat until after 10pm when it has cooled down a bit.

John

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 3:10 PM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info, I have gathered from other sources over the last couple of days that Seville is very hot in July and August, difficult to imagine heat that high in this ongoing British rain......

Like 0      
01 Jul 2007 4:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Let's hope it doesn't rain on the 63,000 + people at Wembley about to enjoy the Diana concert.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Transport & Removals - 1 posts
alistair messenger - 3 posts
LAWYERS COSTS IN SPAIN - 7 posts
off plan build - 2 posts
calanova grand golf - 0 posts
URGENT, GLASS SHOP OR MAN TO FIT NEEDED,? - 3 posts
spanish bank account - 11 posts
WE BOUGHT A PROPERTY WITHOUT BANK GUARANTEE WHAT CAN WE DO - 8 posts
azahar / mirador / - 1 posts
TEMPORARY SUMMER WORK REQUIRED - 0 posts
wetone - 6 posts
New to site - 9 posts
LONG TERM RENTSAL AVAILABLE IN FUENTEMAR VERA/GARRUCHA - 5 posts
Costa del 'Con' - CNN TV Programme - 0 posts
Solicitors and survey fees - 3 posts
Child's cot - 3 posts
Mobile phones - 0 posts
Jack Russell Puppies - 4 posts
NEW VODAFONE 3 GB USB MODEM - 2 posts
steve&san - 3 posts
Cheeky blighters! - 10 posts
Villamartin Hills Alicante/Murcia - 3 posts
murcia properties - 1 posts
needing some advice - 5 posts
Water problems (hard deposits) HELP NEEDED - 38 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x