needing some advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar
Hi all,I FEEL I'M IN A BIT OF A DILEMMA AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR VIEWS FROM OTHERS.MY HUSBAND,MYSELF AND 2 BOYS AGED 10 &15 ARE PLANNING TO PERMANENTLY MOVE TO CDS NEXT YEAR(MY BROTHER ALREADY LIVES THERE) PROBLEM IS MY 18YR OLD DAUGHTER DOES NOT WANT TO COME,BUT SHE IS MAKING ME FEEL REALLY BAD FOR THINKING OF MOVING WITHOUT HER.SHE HAS JUST GRADUATED AND HAS A LONG TERM BOYFRIEND.I FEEL IF I DON'T GO BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT ME TO WILL I BE LOSING FOR THE REST OF MY FAMILY(MY BOYS CAN'T WAIT TO GO)WILL I BE A BAD MOTHER FOR GOING AND LEAVING HER BEHIND?LOVE TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS FOR HELP.THANKS

Like 0      
23 Jun 2007 5:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

A bad mother ? NO, Valf, of course you're not.

At 18, just graduated & with a long term boyfriend, your daughter is on the brink of her own adult life. You're only around a 2.5 hour flight away & it's HER decision to leave you, not the other way around. Sorry she's making you feel bad. You stay positive & look forward to living in Spain. You owe it to yourself, your husband & your sons to go.

Your daughter will be booking on a plane to see you as soon as you've moved over to the CDS, you won't have to worry on that score. The lure of Puerto Banus will beckon & all will be well, don't fret. 

Good luck.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2007 6:12 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Valf,. I am sorry you are feeling guilty about leaving your daughter dont be teenagers can be very good at that and believe me I know.  It can be very hard, does she mind you going?   If not than you get out to Spain and have fun I am sure your boys will love it and they are the ones growing up.  Has she plenty of money for the plane trips over to see you because that is what she will be wanting.   Have fun and enjoy it.   Take care Pat

Like 0      
23 Jun 2007 9:43 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I don't have kids so maybe am not qualified to comment but that won't stop me!!! If you have asked her to gowith you and she has said no then that is her choice. What if you moved to the other end of the country? Would she move with you? Just because it's Spain shouldn't make a difference. As many people have said when posting about travelling back and forward Spain is not Australia and it only takes 2 and a bit hours. It takes more time to travel a few miles at home sometimes. Good luck with your decision. Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2007 7:19 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar
thank you all for your advice,i do feel a bit better now after reading others thoughts.I know I will still worry about leaving her behind but ultimately I have to think of my 2 boys as well.Hopefully I'm doing the right thing.All advice from this site does help a lot - I don't feel quite so alone somehow.thank you all.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2007 2:45 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Valf hi,

Just seen your post.  I am sure you are doing the right thing moving to CDS.  The weather for one thing.

I remember a while ago in a television programme a young girl late teens was talking to an elderly woman saying she was thinking of moving to America to live and work but could not make up her mind as to whether it was the right course for her or not and had deliberated long and hard.

The older wiser woman replied that if she had been thinking about it for a long time (which she had) then surely it must be the right decision for her so suggested she go which is what she did in the end and it all turned out well.

Good luck to you all.

Impey

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water problems (hard deposits) HELP NEEDED - 38 posts
Euro Anglo Sur (prestige Villas) - 4 posts
Holiday Rentals & Management in Duquesa Area - 0 posts
Power of Attorney (POA) - 10 posts
4 x 4 Dealers CDS. - 3 posts
EasyJet flights out of Bristol now on sale for after 27th October - 0 posts
How would you like to purchase a luxury apartment on a golf course and get it fully furnished for free? - 11 posts
satalite & air con - 1 posts
My Dog Needs Urgent Help!!!!!! - 4 posts
Should We Move Back to England ???????? - 77 posts
Delyn and Robert Hughes - 2 posts
sandy says hi from los olivos - 3 posts
Vera Playa, Vera - 3 posts
habitation cert - 3 posts
pollipop - 2 posts
Drive to Spain - 8 posts
Request - 4 posts
Hi! New here.... - 2 posts
Kathy and Jim Lawson - 2 posts
Apart-Hotel - 2 posts
Costs and Proceedures of buying in Spain - 4 posts
HI LOW - 200 posts
El Rincon Toscano Estapona - 3 posts
Anybody over here interested in a bargain "finca" just of the beach at La Cala de Mijas? - 14 posts
Fan Belts... - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x