LONG TERM RENTSAL AVAILABLE IN FUENTEMAR VERA/GARRUCHA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I have posted this matter on the Development Forum for Manilva Heights but I am trying to let anyone know who has an interest in the urbanisation know that there is a community meeting on 11th July (venue Bar Generalife).  If you can go to my post you will see that as many poeple as possible need to be there.  I will update the other post as and when I get the relevant information.

This message was last edited by orda on 7/9/2007.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 10:49 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

COMMUNITY MEETING FOR MANILVA HEIGHTS, HELD AT THE BAR GENERALIFE 11/07/07

Well I went but not feeling very positive.  The night before, the same person who took a pick-axe to the lawn had physically prevented the foreman and the night-watchman from cleaning the pool.  The meeting was delayed for 1/2 an hour to wait for stragglers, in particular the guy with the pick-axe.  I have to say that I nearly went home because the whole meeting was conducted in Spanish and no allowances were made for anyone who couldn't speak Spanish, which I thought was disgraceful.  When it started there was a lot of shouting and arguing and gesturing.  Our friends and neighbours translated for us but each time they were shushed, mostly by the people doing most of the shouting.  A woman called Lola was introduced as representing an agency that would manage the administration and the finances.  She threatened to walk out because nobody would vote her in until she told us how much she was charging.  This turned out to be €276 per month between 40 houses, so she was eventually voted in.  The President is Antonio from No.30 and the Vice-President is Alvaro from No.40 (the guy with the pick-axe).

The first big issue was the state of the pool.  Everyone with children was very angry because their kids couldn't use it and even angrier when they were told the pool would not be available for the whole of the summer because it has not been inspected and legalised and has to be licensed.  Also they said it can't be repaired until all this has been done.  Then Alvaro admitted to everyone that he had done what he did because he knew there was a serious problem with the child’s pool and more problems with the big pool and wanted to make a protest to bring it to everyone's attention as he says the matter needs to be resolved by professionals.  He also told the developers that once they handed over the site to the community then that made it private and it should be gated off to be made more secure BY LAW.  They had made no provision for this and said they would consult their lawyers.  Alvaro seems to know a lot about the law and urbanisation problems so it looks like he is going to be very useful as he obviously stand no nonsense.

Lola said that we need to make provision for site insurance in case something happens to our houses.  We all said that our mortgage agreements meant we already had insurance on our properties but she stated that if next door burnt down and smoke damaged our house the insurance wouldn't cover it.  I'm not sure about this but she is getting quotes.  She also said we need to create a budget for major problems such as the pool pump breaking down, etc.  People were unhappy about the state of the pool and the rest of the site plus the poor standard and lack of work done on snagging lists.  After a lot of shouting the developers agreed to do an audit of every house to list each individual’s house and faults and rectify them and to rectify the site problems.  Everyone voted not to pay any community fees until the ALL the problems were seen to and we were satisfied.  Also, with regard to fees, the developer agreed that once fees were paid they would pay the fees for all the empty houses.  This referred mainly to the houses in the second phase which had no licence of habitation because of the need for a new road in front of them.  The developers said they were working closely with the new mayor and were confident that the matters resolution would be speeded up.  Lola suggested that some fees needed to be paid to cover setting up costs and this was agreed.  Once a bank account was opened no payment from it could be made without all 3 signatures of Antonio, Alvaro and Lola.

Another bone of contention was the fact that we had no phone lines.  According to the developers Telefonica had grossly under-estimated the number of houses being built in the area and hadn't laid enough cables.  This matter was now being looked in to by both the developers and Telefonica next week at a joint meeting.  Some people on the urbanisation had started bricking up the walls on both sides of their middle terrace and they were told that they had done it without community approval and without their neighbour’s approval.  One woman said she had done it and it was nobody else’s business.  This cause a huge argument and they were told that this would not be allowed in the future.  I'm not clear what was being done about the walls that have already been built.  I think other rules and standards will be discussed at later meetings.  From now on all communication between the developers and the community will be via the President and the Vice-President.

Personally I went away annoyed and depressed.  I feel I have been misled and lied to.  If I knew then what I know now I would not only not have bought a house there, even though I like it there, I would not have bought a new-build.  I most certainly would never buy Off-Plan.  This is as much as I can report in-between translations, being shushed and listening to heated arguments in Spanish.  Let's hope it all works out for the best.  Lola seems to know her stuff and Alvaro doesn't take prisoners.

This message was last edited by orda on 7/12/2007.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 11:01 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I think your post is really frightening.....................not you but your situation.

I would seriously consider moving. I hate the idea of 'a closed shop' for any dealings. Any Presidente, administrator or person involved with the money MUST be held accountable.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 5:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Orda, we know this development really well, it's the one right next door to us...and we were buying on there until recently.

I can vouch for Lola, she is our administrator too and she is very good.  She does know her stuff but best of all she actually gets stuff sorted, which is what you need.

The phone line thing isn't true, Telefonica recently activated a new system in Manilva for 2000 lines, so you should have no problems there.

Manilva Heights is a bit unique in that instead of the developer shafting people they themselves have actually been shafted by the town hall.  It's a looooooong story.

Best of luck with it, it's going to take time to get it all sorted.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 9:59 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar
Thanks Justin at least that is some good news and especially as the developers are getting a taste of their own medicine.  I had heard that you had decided not to proceed with buying on the site, I was hoping you'd take on the Presidency!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 10:35 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Orda, we decided not to proceed simply due to the delay in getting the licence for the bottom half of the development (which is where the house we were buying was).  It was just taking too long so we decided to pull out.

It's a nice urbanisation but as with the rest of the area, it's just going to take a bit of time for everything to be in place.

I'm just next door so let me know when you're next in the area and you can pop by and say "hi".

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa del 'Con' - CNN TV Programme - 0 posts
Solicitors and survey fees - 3 posts
Child's cot - 3 posts
Mobile phones - 0 posts
Jack Russell Puppies - 4 posts
NEW VODAFONE 3 GB USB MODEM - 2 posts
steve&san - 3 posts
Cheeky blighters! - 10 posts
Villamartin Hills Alicante/Murcia - 3 posts
murcia properties - 1 posts
needing some advice - 5 posts
Water problems (hard deposits) HELP NEEDED - 38 posts
Euro Anglo Sur (prestige Villas) - 4 posts
Holiday Rentals & Management in Duquesa Area - 0 posts
Power of Attorney (POA) - 10 posts
4 x 4 Dealers CDS. - 3 posts
EasyJet flights out of Bristol now on sale for after 27th October - 0 posts
How would you like to purchase a luxury apartment on a golf course and get it fully furnished for free? - 11 posts
satalite & air con - 1 posts
My Dog Needs Urgent Help!!!!!! - 4 posts
Should We Move Back to England ???????? - 77 posts
Delyn and Robert Hughes - 2 posts
sandy says hi from los olivos - 3 posts
Vera Playa, Vera - 3 posts
habitation cert - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x