Costs and Proceedures of buying in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by nicolas Star rating in Vejer, Cadiz and Rio.... 4 posts Send private message

Muy Buenas,

Just joined this forum and like all beginners took a while to realize that answers come in backwards... I will get a avatar set-up one day but dont know how to resize my photos and have already spent toolong surfing for the answers I am now hoping some of this forum's 'regulars' can help me with.

Besides the purchase price of the plot what are all the costs I can expect (notary, surveyors, stamp duty etc etc)?

Although I speak Spanish I am not familiar with the equivalents of Stamp Duty, Capital Gains etc. do you?

What are the various checks and procedures I need to make before buying and subsquent to starting to build?

There might be some wonderful member who has all this on a single sheet laid out for 'verdes' like me. If not url links etc would help.

Cheers - and dont panic about the recent news about the bubble. Spain is still going to be a number 1 destination for years to come.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2007 8:19 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Nicolas as a rule of thumb additional costs of buying in Spain should be estimated at 13% of purchase price of the property itself. However it sounds as if you are planning to build on your own plot. There is 16% IVA to add to the price of the land for a start. Additional expenditure is very much dependent on what you are doing and the price of the house etc so to give a generic answer is almost impossible.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jun 2007 9:48 AM by nicolas Star rating in Vejer, Cadiz and Rio.... 4 posts Send private message

Hi Patrick/Smiley,

Thank you for the lightening reply.

I am in talks with a Spansih developer to build residential flats in the Canaries aimed at young couples and workers first home buyers - so not the typical UK expat tourist villa target!!

Hopefully this area will continue to meet strong demand despite the recent bad news of propety bubbles...

In the initial proposal there is an entry of €90,000 for "VARIOS" which has been explained as bank interest repayments as well as all the other charges involved such as

Gastos notarios

Gastos adminstrativos

Licensa de primeira ocupacicion

Pago del proyecto de ejecucion

Licensa proyecto basico

Honorarios Arquiteto

Honorarios Aparejador

Hacienda

Apertura de hipoteca

Plusvalia

Other costs I anticipate (but do not yet know in Spanish) are

Land registry

Transfer tax (ITP)

Stamp Duty

My objective with this chat thread was to try to identify all possible charges/costs and get their translations for myself and other EOS members

If you can contribute to any of this information gatheing, it would be appreciated.

Gracias

Like 0      
21 Jun 2007 12:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Nicolas I assume that if you are in talks with a developer to build a block of apartments for affordable housing you have appointed a lawyer. Can I recommend that you ask him to give you a full breakdown and explanation of how the procedures work

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jun 2007 2:12 PM by nicolas Star rating in Vejer, Cadiz and Rio.... 4 posts Send private message

Hi Patrick, I have contacted some lawyers in Madrid however since, at this stage. we are still in 'talks' with the developer, I have not apppointed them yet - hence my querry.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HI LOW - 200 posts
El Rincon Toscano Estapona - 3 posts
Anybody over here interested in a bargain "finca" just of the beach at La Cala de Mijas? - 14 posts
Fan Belts... - 21 posts
Community Meetings and Debtors - 3 posts
Community Meetings and Debtors - 7 posts
Palmera Properties - 5 posts
Condado de Alhama - 1 posts
snagging - 0 posts
Apartment needed for client. - 9 posts
Question for Maria de Castro - 1 posts
Spanish Taxes - 0 posts
OFF PLAN BUILD - 0 posts
Increasing supply - 5 posts
English Registered Cars - 1 posts
Passport renewal - 29 posts
Al Andalus , Residencia in Vera, Almeria - 5 posts
What would you like to know about? - 26 posts
Mojacar/ Garrucha Rental required - 0 posts
BIG UGLEY WOOD HUT - 1 posts
Causeway Bistro, Via Park 1, Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
purchasing a plot of land - 1 posts
Restaurants in General - 7 posts
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! - 13 posts
Urbanisation Licences - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x