Best mortgage deal ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2007 8:15 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Hi Mike

I instructed Lex to take this up with the developer and they have now agreed to do so.

I agree the relationships between them VIVA and developers are very cosy. They ALL make money out of us and are loath to take issue with each other on our behalf.

I am aware of the extra costs of taking out new mortgage but wasn't planning to take a mortgage at all.

David

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 10:47 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

You cannot be charged for something you don't need!!

Part of the contract package with many off plan projects is to provide a "mortgage service" to tie in the deal on completion of the development. In most cases the terms are not always the most favourable and the loan is NOT guaranteed anyway has you would I have no doubt had to prove your ability to meet the repayments from your UK net income!

Keep on top of the Raul's and Manuel's at Lex, like most of them their they do react when you constantly press them! I would also request that they send you copies of all contact with the developer relating to this issue has they have a habit of using their mobiles rather than the written word.........

Mike T

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 10:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi,

Have read with interest the thread on paying builders cancellation of mortgage. Both we and our slolicitor challenged this on breakdown figures. However the Halifax would on no account back down on the matter, but kept assuring that it would be refunded into our account. I have emails printed with this stated from them. I did ask my solicitor to agree to this providing they would put a clause in the contract to ensure the payment would be refunded. Halifax refused to do this, insisting it would be done in due course. i instructed my solicitor to go ahead with completion as there was no way the Halifax were going to back down. I will keep you posted of the outcome.

Gina

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:03 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HI Dave as Mike says be assertive with Lex - you cannot be forced to take something you neither need nor want under Spanish Law. At the end of the day you are paying them a fee to represent your interests not the developer and if they will not do so tell them that you will take it up with the College of Lawyers. Hopefully they will start doing their job properly and representing you with integrity.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:25 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Now look here Patrick................

I'm pleased to see you are agreeing with me Pat but why do you always have to express yourself more (eleqently) than me? If only I'd stayed on at school till I was 12!!

Another confession "I wus born in Oldham" it cud have happened to anyone yer now...............................

Mike T

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:32 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hola Hombre do you mean elegantly or eloquently? Either way you shpellt it rong? Must be coz I am a poofy southerner alongside you hard as nails northerners. Perhaps my expensive education that my parents worked so hard for that culminated with a Grade A English A Level - then I gave them 2 fingers and refused to go to university - hah that told them!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 11:41 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Nice one Pat.

By the way "What's an A level" ? I've never seen one in any lift I've been in!!

Mike T

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 10:01 PM by njg1225 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I´m hunting around for the best mortgage deal at the moment.

I have seen ING who offer Euribor + 0.33%.  No opening commission to pay and I can pay off capital for free too.  They will lend me up to 90% of the value of the property.

Sounds streets ahead of all the others. 

So what´s the catch???????

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 9:31 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi njg1225,

No catches, BUT this mortgage is only available to residents of Spain, i.e. live and work in Spain.  

Regards

Sharon

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 9:34 AM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

Thanks Sharon

No catch seems too good to be true!

I´ll give them a call this week.

Anne

PS - Probably ought to explain that I have somehow managed to register myself twice on this forum (don´t ask!). So the OP is my alter ego!

This message was last edited by jerezgirl on 2/26/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 3:56 PM by maria.maldades Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I worked for Viva in Murcia (just receptionist) and I worked closely with Lex-Marbella: they had an office run by a funny little chap. I'm taking Viva to court to get my money and: be very careful with this firm of lawyers, as they have just closed doors in Murcia and washed their hands off. Clients are desperate and some about to loose not only the deposit but also first payments (30-40%).  The situation is the following for these people: they have to pay Viva and thge lawyer (probably they have already done), but non of the both are around anymore to assist them, and may face serious legal difficulties. They play also with the advantage that you are foreigners, don't know the law and most of the clients do not live in Spain.

It seems to be a regular practice in this country (I'm Spanish) to get the money and start running before somebody asks you to work.

My advice is that you place an official complaint at the "Colegio de Abogados de Málaga" and at the local "Consumers office" and another one at "Defensor del Pueblo", this last one is the last resort when you don't know what to do. Hopefully somebody will do something.

Also, get together, all the people that feel they have been lied to, not only by these 2 particular companies, but in general: whoever has a problem with buying/completing a property and try to make a major complaint before the Junta de Andalucía. And see what can be done. Maybe there's a reaction and laws are improved.

It's not acceptable that you don't get a bank guarantee, or habitation certificate, or bad quality or the building license is not there or it has been revoked by whatever authority.

I can assure you that there're good professional in Spain too.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 5:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Good post, Maria

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 6:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Endorse that!! But maybe ought to be on a different thread somewhere???

This message was last edited by Smiley on 3/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 7:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yes, Smiley, I looked but so many Viva estates threads, I just gave up (for once).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 7:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Maybe under lawyers or estate agents - to be honest Viva have folded now and in administration simply trying to recover money for creditors so no doubt the Viva threads will dry up - Beefy has had to take his picture to Andalucian Dream Homes to endorse them as best agents in Spain now or however the line goes.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 9:25 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

ADH has also shut some doors - e.g. in Sabi.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 5:58 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Where will he be getting his best property deal in Spain from next I wonder?? Or maybe he will have to find another income stream.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 11:04 PM by LouEG Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Wow! there is just so much on this website I feel like a rabbit with mitzy (sticky eyes) glaring into the headlights of a fast moving vehicle. Its a lot to take in reading all the different threads that we should be aware of buying a property in Spain. With retractions of mortgage products from lenders, what is the best deal at the moment? My boyfriend and I are newbies here and any direction would be a great start! Thanks!

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 8:43 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Lou,

There are still some good deals around, but what is important is that really it all depends your circumstances, critetria and requirements. It can be difficult getting all your 'eggs' in one basket, so it is a case of considering what conditions are important to you in a mortgage and seeing how your critetria fits with particular products. The best deal may not neccessarily have the best conditions for you.

Good luck!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 7:18 PM by celtelf2 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi we purchased a property last year and took out a one year interest only mortgage which is about to come to an end and unlike the Uk just to change the term of our mortgage involves a visit to the notary which is costly in itself and that is only to change one condition on our mortgage so just take your time and as much advice and choose very carefully. Good luck

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CONGRATULATIONS EYE ON SPAIN - 11 posts
Golf Invest - 3 posts
sierra nevada skiing - 1 posts
mabella property demolition - 2 posts
Community Pools - 10 posts
Well ! It's September - 6 posts
So how many of you are learning to speak Spanish? - 72 posts
Undeclared land - 5 posts
Christmas Lunch - Murcia area - 0 posts
Christmas Dinner Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Resort Membership - 3 posts
Playa Flamenca/Punta Prima - Costa Blanca - 7 posts
undersized apartments - 3 posts
Where do we start! - 3 posts
Tell me about the Bank Holidays in December - 6 posts
Mortgages - 1 posts
Electrical Goods - 15 posts
Pedro1952 - 1 posts
selling new build property in vera almeria. - 4 posts
Fun and Frolica at The Notary Public - 0 posts
Spanish Property Bureau S.L. - 4 posts
Anyone need a builder on the CDS? - 7 posts
coral level2 - 0 posts
Do you need any assistance with your property on the Costa del Sol, new or old? - 2 posts
Disneyland - 46 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x