Dickmanns car hire no thanks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by kenny.h Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Booked Dickmans at the Alicante depo, was told I had full insurance with them? had to pay another 30euros to cover the battery hub caps ect. I did say to the man in charge am I responsible if the battery goes dud? and he said that I would have to pay for a new battery plus fitting if I did not take out their extra insurance. so I had to pay the extra. then I had to pay 75 euros for fuel. how much can a small Fiat hold. I think I have been ripped off. i'll never use them again.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 12:17 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Sounds dodgey to me, Ive never had wild insurances thrown in without asking...

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 8:41 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

It seems a number of car hire firms are taking the ... errrr ..... michael  with regards 'costs' for fuel. Goldcar charged me 80 Euros for a full engine of fuel in the little Ford Fiesta at Alicante 2 weeks ago. I did say that 80 Euros was a rediculous figure, but didnt get much of  response to that!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 9:08 AM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

There are good car hire's try using pjsrentacar I have try most company on the costa blanca for the last ten years, but at this present time never really had a problem with these.

Gooders

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 12:04 AM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi Kenny

We used Dickmans from Alicante airport in November last year, they did the usaul offer of extra insurance for tyres and window, which I declined. I got the speech about having to pay for the replacement etc but it do not bother me, I have been taking the risk for a few years now and so far I have been okay. What I have saved in not paying the extra insurnace will more than cover a windscreen or tyre or hubcap.

The petrol was €75 but added to the rental price still put them cheaper than the ones in the airport. The car we got was in very good condition and our overall experience was good.

I am pretty sure you will get the same extra insurance speech from every car rental company, you can say no thank you.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2012 10:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

With regards the fuel charge, if you look in the small print, you will see that they charge up to 25€ for fuelling the car, on top of the fuel costs, as (allegedly) allowed by law.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Mar 2012 2:52 PM by jameswatson623 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

why the fuel charge ..in small print??

Like 0      
16 Mar 2012 4:50 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi There,  I was spending €1000 a Year on renting, so decided to buy a car and it made a big difference, there is a company in Bigastro that give you airport service with the car when you buy the car from them. I have used it with the last 10 Years, great service you just drop off the car at the airport and they store it until you come back to Spain you contact them a few days before and they will have the cat ready for you at the airport, I can give you more information if you want......

Like 0      
04 May 2013 11:29 AM by mikeefc Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Dickmanns "Arthur Dailey Ltd"

28 years of car hire in Spain, this lot take the top prize.

Rude staff.

300 Euros deposit taken of the card, not blocked, you pay the extra bank charges for this.

45 Euros for half a tank of petrol "Nissan micra".

Fuel did not even reach three bars "sorry its a mistake"

Car broke down after thirty minutes "replaced"

Returned the car told my deposit would be returned, still waiting.

Clutch broke, last person using it pays the bill "hard luck"

Head office ran by Trotters independent traders.

Please be aware, they are a real company.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should i pay a reservation deposit??? - 42 posts
looking for a reputable estate agent in the granada area to sell a property - 5 posts
Worst bank - 5 posts
Rollator Walking Aid for sale €95 - 0 posts
non resident civil partners Inheritance Tax on death of partner - 6 posts
Dacions still being granted ? - 4 posts
What sort of picture quality should we get on SKy generally - 2 posts
Association of Citzens - 2 posts
Sabadell take over of Cam - 23 posts
Reserving one's vote at an AGM - 2 posts
MANILVA BUSINESS - 2 posts
saint malo to malaga - 2 posts
spanish mortgage - 8 posts
TV through computer - 5 posts
Hi All im New - 1 posts
sky tv - 4 posts
Tims second hand fridges Atalaya Park - 1 posts
Medical cover for the hard of understanding? - 29 posts
buying an apartment - 3 posts
building licences - 6 posts
trying to find a friend i have lost touch with - 0 posts
electricity - builders supply to personal supply - 1 posts
Crazy Golf Playa Flamenca area - 2 posts
How can I improve the tv channels - 16 posts
PROPERTY WANTED - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x