spanish lessons

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2012 6:02 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I am pleased to see that this thread is developing into a thread encouraging those of us who are keen to improve our Spanish to find ways of doing so.  

Johnzx, you may be 72 now, but didn't you say you had been here 25 years?  Which made you 47 when you first moved to Spain, if my deductions (and subtractions) are correct!  My point was that you are never too old to learn, though obviously the younger you are, the easier it will be.  

I learnt French at school, but that was many, many years ago.  I now find that if i try to speak French when I meet French people here, I end up talking a mix of Spanish and French.  What would you call that?  We say Spanglish if people mix Spanish and English (a good friend of ours is fluent in Spanglish!) So do I speak Spench? Spançais?  Frañol?

Bri, you are right about different accents being a challenge.  In Murcia they drop letters all over the place: adio, bueno día, do are fairly straightforward to recognise, but then they say mercao etc missing out letters in the middle of words, so it's not just the speed that can make it tricky.  Having said that, in the UK it can be difficult at times to understand people with strong regional accents, even though in theory we all speak the same language!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 6:08 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Yes, we were confused being met in the local supermarket with hola and something sounding like hello when leaving.  In fact, it was 'thelo, a shortened version of hasta luego

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 2:49 PM by yvonnebarton Star rating in Rickmansworth, Herts.... 27 posts Send private message

If anyone is looking for Spanish lessons on a one-to-one basis, I would like to recomend a lady called Loles Javaloy in Torreviejca.

Her email address is l.javaloy@gmail.com.

My husband and I have just spent a month in Spain so decided to take advantage of the time to begin learning Spanish.  Loles was mentioned earlier in this thread and I would like to say she is excellent.  She was very patient and made learning so interesting. 

Sorry, I should have included her website : www.spanishtuition.info

This message was last edited by yvonnebarton on 03/07/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TV....... - 11 posts
Polymorphic light eruption - 0 posts
Furniture Pack for sale - 0 posts
P J's rent a car Alicante - 3 posts
Can you recommend a Gestor in Seville ? - 0 posts
empdonamiento - 8 posts
WANTED unfurnished 2/3 bed for long term rent - 4 posts
VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED TO HELP LAY CONCRETE - 0 posts
To Mr or Ms Mod - 0 posts
Forum help...er help! - 6 posts
is there a Spanish 0845 equiv - 3 posts
EXCERCISE BICYCLE - 0 posts
Spanish domain name - 2 posts
Eye on my villa! - 8 posts
No furniture and no refund - 7 posts
Sales Consultants required for immediate start - 0 posts
Child friendly - 1 posts
aledo murcia - 1 posts
Phone Cards - 4 posts
going through the euro tunnel - 8 posts
Iglesias Associates - Lawyers in Fuengirola/Alhaurin el Grande - 0 posts
injury in spain - 3 posts
Take your Solicitor (Abogado) to court. - 69 posts
who wants a top sat nav? - 2 posts
Furniture Pack - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x