Correos - Post

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Hi,

has anyone had problems with problems receiving post from overseas Particularly for persons living in the Torrevieja area. I mean post not received or received damaged or opened. I refer really to items not sent by recorded delivery or registered post. Of course we can say it is height of summer  and these things happen but Ive got a feeling a lot of post is going missing . I would be very interested to hear of your experiences. Please reply or pm me.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 8:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

15 Aug 2011 9:55 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

It has to be said that the post IS very slow, and yes, letters do go missing.  I would never, ever, send a document or anything urgent  by post, no matter whether registered or not. 

Patricia

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 6:37 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Well, on a more positive note, we have a communal type post facility, which in the beginning gave some cause for concern!

We had to label our particular letterbox with our name, street and house number, a panel number (for the Manzana) and the plot number before the house was built? Do not ask me why?

However, now some years have passed, we receive mail that is so badly and ignorantly addressed, we wonder how the Correos manage to deliver but they do.

So, a big thank you to the Correos in our area!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 3:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have had a letter delivered within 24 hours of the post time/date stamp in UK. But that was very much the exception. I cannot remember, knowing for sure, that any of my mail has gone astray in 'normal circumstances.'

I say normal as the postman we used to have would mark letters as 'unknown address' if it was addressed in any way that he did not like. Example. I renewed my Spanish Driving Licence. When the new one arrived there was an error, so I returned it. 

Three months later when I had not received a corrected one I contacted Traffico. My DL had been returned marked 'unknown address' even though it had the same address as the one which had been delivered.   

Fortunately the Town Hall and the postman now agree what my address should be, so any Certificates of Empadronamiento now show the address my postman likes, so my DL and other offiocila document have the 'good address.'  . Also I am lucky that the posMAN has all but retired and I now have a postLADY (who, like most women,  is a lot smarter that the guy)

Another extreme was when my brother used to send me letters when I lived in Benalmadena. He would address it with my name and then Benalmadena, Spain.  That postman always delivered all my mail.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 4:06 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

If you want to send and receive mail to and from the UK, then may I suggest that you try Offex Spain, if you have an Offex in your area.

We use Offex Marbella, and they deliver your mail to an Offex point, which is usually a business in the area such as a Greeting Card shop for example, that offers the extra service as an Offex point.

We address our mail to the UK as normal and drop it off at the Offex point and pay for delivery (no stamp needed as they do that).

When people send us mail, they send it via a P.O Box address at Gatwick Airport, which is then delivered to our local Offex point for collection and we pay a small fee when we pick it up.

Our mail is delivered to the UK, or delivered here from the UK, within 3 to 5 working days!

You can also send Special Delivery items to and from the UK, and also parcels.

I can categorically say that we have never had post go missing whilst using their services.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AMAZON ADVENTURE PARK OPENING SOON - 5 posts
laywers - 1 posts
Hacienda - 4 posts
Alcohol free - 21 posts
Reposession auction - 0 posts
bridal wear - 9 posts
New Business in Spain but 1 still in England - 3 posts
WILL THIS BE THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS ??????? - 1 posts
EOS HELP - 8 posts
address - 3 posts
Classic Motorcycle Insurance - 4 posts
La Rosa, Near La Cala de Mijas - 1 posts
Re: cheese - 7 posts
Hi, I've just joined - 4 posts
Has anyone any information on this new EU Scheme ?????? - 23 posts
doctors - 1 posts
ciudad quesada / dona pepa or paya flamenca to rent long term - please advice! - 0 posts
Frozen bread - 27 posts
British old age pensioners living in Spain - 17 posts
Clothing Business For Sale - 0 posts
Tae Kwon Do & Piano Lessons - Murcia region - 0 posts
Los Alcazares - schooling - 1 posts
Jet2 Glasgow to Murcia 2012 - 2 posts
Is It The Corrupt System or Misguided Naive Buyers ?? - 24 posts
Food Price Comparison Site For Spain? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x