Alcohol free

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by babs58 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Can you tell me is it possible to get either dealcoholised wine or beer, for example becks blue or cobra zero,its increasingley common place now in the UK. Thanks babs

Like 0      
14 Aug 2011 6:57 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

I have seen aruma alcohol free beer in eroski dont know about wine if you heat wine to 60 c the alcohol will evaporate dont know if it would affect the flavour or put in freezer the water will freeze the alcohol wont then pour off the alcohol good luck

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 14/08/2011.

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 14/08/2011.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2011 8:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

On the beer front, most of the breweries do a non-alcohol version, San Miguel zero, Alhambra Sin, Cruzcampo zero etc.  Also do non-alocholic shandy as well.  Haven't looked at non-alcohol wine but do notice severals supermarkets sell Schloer (sorry about the spelling). 

Like 0      
14 Aug 2011 10:39 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Here is an alcohol-free wine.

"Raisin d'Or"

The first alcohol-free wine in Spain was invented in Galicia. (2009)

See the site:

http://www.vinogallego.com/20090416288/se-inventa-en-galicia-el-primer-vino-tinto-sin-alcohol-de-espana.html

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 7:41 PM by babs58 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks to everyone who replied it was kind of you to take the time ,will be out in spain in 2 weeks, but hopefully we will be able to buy a property in the next couple of years , have taken a taster of the spanish language and hope to have night classes in the near future . Babs

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 7:44 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

BABS DO NOT GO TO SPANISH CLASSES COSTS MONEY AND IS BORING . GET OUT TALK TO THE PEOPLE BREATH THE AIR, THATS WHERE IT IS, AND IT WILL JUST COME TO YOU REMEMBER HOW YOU LEARNT ENGLISH. AND DONT FORGET YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR IT

AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT AND PROBABLY DRINK A FEW COFFEES AND GLASSES OF WINE AND ENJOY SOME DECENT FOOD GOOD LUCK

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 15/08/2011.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 8:12 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

I started to learn Spanish at evening classes in the UK and I'm so glad I did. 

Maybe I was lucky because my Spanish teacher was actally Spanish and she was really hot on grammar and pronunciation. Nevertheless, her lessons were never boring and I looked forward to them every week...as did everyone who went. 

Even though I only knew a few sentences when we first went to Spain, because I was pronouncing 'correctly', I was always understood. Josephina (our teacher) told us we were being taught the equivalent in Spanish to 'Queen's English' in the UK. Knowing the correct endings to add onto verbs, as-well-as the correct spellings..ensured that I didn't have to learn all over again when it came to having to write in Spanish....as I've heard said many times over by people that first learn just by listening and trying to 'pick it up'.  I was once told by a Spanish waiter that some Brits speak Spanish so badly that, even though his English is limited, he has to ask them to please speak in English.  It's the only way he could actually understand what they were saying!

If your Spanish lessons are boring....your teacher is not very good. This applies to ANY teacher's lessons! 

And Janie is absolutely right..try and talk to as many Spanish locals as you can! As far as this is concerned, I found it much easier to understand what the Spanish were saying once I had got to grips with basic verb endings. IF you can't find a good teacher of Spanish in your area, the Michel Tomas CDs are fantastic and you can pick them up or order them at your local library...and copy them at home. It's allowed!

Mag

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 8:21 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

jUST LIKE TO SAY I TAUGHT MYSELF SPANISH WITH THE RESULT I AM TOTALLY BILINGUAL TO THE EXTENT THE LOCALS WONT BELIEVE I AM BRITISH

MY KIDS ARE THE SAME AND THEY DONT EVEN LIVE HERE JUST PICKED IT UP FROM MY RAMBLINGS

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 15/08/2011.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 11:11 AM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Wow! Well done Janie.  You are obviously one of those people who are good at languages...and you've passed this on to your kids. Not many of us find it so easy to pick up another language.  I think yuu have to be really interested in learning Spanish if you have any hope of becoming reasonably good at it. As has been pointed out many times on this site, hundreds of Brits aren't interested in learning more than a few of the basics, allowing them to order food or travel on public transport...which is absolutley fine if that's all one wants to do.  After all, there are large areas on the costas where many English-speaking people live and where many Spanish have learnt some English.  Although I learnt alot about Spanish grammar and pronunciation at evening class, I also carried on my own learning at home and by listening and talking to the locals when in Spain.  I guess it's a case of whatever gets you learning is good for you!  It sounds like you could be a great teacher, Janie. 

Mag

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 11:18 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I thought this thread was about alcohol free drinks? 

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 11:25 AM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

MANY YEARS AGO I WAS SENT TO WORK IN A COMPANY IN SOUTH AMERICA NOBODY SPOKE ENGLISH SO I JUST GOT STUCK IN TOOK ME SIX MONTHS.

NOT SHOWIN OFF JUST A FACT WHICH IS WHY I SAY STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE WATER AND IT IS EASY. NOT THAT ANYONE LISTENS

I DONT SPEAK ANY OTHER LANGUGES NO NEED. MY SON ALSO SPEAKS ITALIAN LIKE A MACHINE GUN.

I HAVE COME ACCROSS PEOPLE BEEN HERE 30 YEARS AND STILL CANT SAY GRACIAS HOWN THEY AVOID IT BEATS ME. MUST TAKE MORE EFFORT TO AVOID IT THAN LEARN IT.

I DID TEACH BUT IT IS QUITE BORING SO SORTA DRIFTED AWAY ALSO TRANSLATIONS SAME AGAIN ALTHOUGH OCCASIONALLY HAD SOMETHING INTERESTING TO READ.

THING ABOUT LANGUAGE COURSES IS THEY CONCENTRATE ON THINGS LIKE WHERE IS THE BUS STOP ETC NOT EXACTLY THRILLING.

BUT IT DOES MAKE LIFE SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN YOU CAN JOIN IN DONT YOU THINK.

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 16/08/2011.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 12:32 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Yes indeed, Kevin.

Now: the first alcohol-free beer was produced in Zaragoza 35 years ago.  AMBAR SIN it was called.   Quite a novelty indeed at the time and viewed at tht time as a sort of beverage for the sick.

http://www.gozazaragoza.com/contenido.php?id=7788

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 4:23 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Yes...but you can order them in Spanish, too, if you can speak the language!

We did get a bit of the thread, didn't we? Sorry.

Mag

Like 0      
16 Aug 2011 4:39 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I just wanted to see how many alcohol free wines there were around. Would be handy when we go out and need to take the car. I end up drinking water. Although that is probably good for me. 

Like 0      
17 Aug 2011 9:55 PM by babs58 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Kev we are going out next week so will look in supermarkets for wine and beer,think its unlikely they will sell alcohol free .wine in restaurants (beer hopefully) but I may be proved wrong. Have a good evening Babs

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 11:42 AM by Orinoco Star rating in Castilla La Mancha. 141 posts Send private message

Orinoco´s avatar

"Mosto" is available in red and white and has been around forever. Mercadona and Alcampo both sell nice ones. It´s nowhere near the wine section though - it is usually located near the fruit juices. 

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 5:19 PM by babs58 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks orinoco will get down to the mercadona on thursday as along as there not sweet it will do me fine .Babs

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 5:45 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

Muscato almost always has a pronounced sweet floral aroma

Moscato has an alcohol content of 9.5% by Volume

This message was last edited by janie2003 on 21/08/2011.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 6:43 PM by Orinoco Star rating in Castilla La Mancha. 141 posts Send private message

Orinoco´s avatar

I didn´t write "muscato", I wrote "mosto", which is grape juice, has an alcohol content of zero, and is located with the fruit juices not the alcoholic beverages.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosto 

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 6:45 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reposession auction - 0 posts
bridal wear - 9 posts
New Business in Spain but 1 still in England - 3 posts
WILL THIS BE THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS ??????? - 1 posts
EOS HELP - 8 posts
address - 3 posts
Classic Motorcycle Insurance - 4 posts
La Rosa, Near La Cala de Mijas - 1 posts
Re: cheese - 7 posts
Hi, I've just joined - 4 posts
Has anyone any information on this new EU Scheme ?????? - 23 posts
doctors - 1 posts
ciudad quesada / dona pepa or paya flamenca to rent long term - please advice! - 0 posts
Frozen bread - 27 posts
British old age pensioners living in Spain - 17 posts
Clothing Business For Sale - 0 posts
Tae Kwon Do & Piano Lessons - Murcia region - 0 posts
Los Alcazares - schooling - 1 posts
Jet2 Glasgow to Murcia 2012 - 2 posts
Is It The Corrupt System or Misguided Naive Buyers ?? - 24 posts
Food Price Comparison Site For Spain? - 4 posts
shoes for driving in spain?? - 21 posts
LFO's - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet Charges. - 1 posts
British old age pensions - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x