help?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2007 12:00 AM by twiggy Star rating in Melksham, Wilts/ For.... 90 posts Send private message

Does anybody know what the things are called that are attached to the wall and you have a pole that turns and the thing on the wall comes out  giving shade and shelter?like the top of a gazebo. Also does anybody know where to purchase one of these in the Rojales area and roughly how much they would cost fitted?

Regards Sue

inspiration just struck think they might be called awnings.

This message was last edited by twiggy on 5/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 May 2007 6:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Do you mean a canopy or awning?  That's the only thing I can think of!

Like 0      
28 May 2007 6:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sue

There are people on the markets around that area that will come to measure up & give a price. Obviously depends on size you want & the quality. We picked up a leaflet last trip but it's in Spain. In future I'm going to pick up two of everything & leave one in Spain & keep one here.

Like 0      
28 May 2007 6:48 PM by twiggy Star rating in Melksham, Wilts/ For.... 90 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help, I am going out in July so i will go to the local markets and keep my eye out.

Sue

Like 0      
28 May 2007 6:50 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hola

Be aware that awnings are not permitted on some urbanizations, (Spoils the Look, he he) make sure they are permitted wher you live

John

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
28 May 2007 11:28 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Moresrosada,

I have tried picking up two and leaving one in Spain, but every time I get back, he has escaped.................................leaving me with the crumpled one I took back to the UK

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
28 May 2007 11:52 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Moresrosada,

I have tried picking up two and leaving one in Spain, but every time I get back, he has escaped.................................leaving me with the crumpled one I took back to the UK

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
28 May 2007 11:52 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

The people opposite us on Palacios AMr 2 ( Naranja Mar) have an awning but sorry don't know where they got it from. Have you tried asking Ena Cummings, she knows where the best places to get all sorts of things

Like 0      
28 May 2007 11:53 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Whoops!

Sorry guys, posted twice, not trying to steal the show................honest guv!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 May 2007 12:56 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
What you are looking for is a "TOLDO" in Spanish. Don't know about market traders selling them - sounds a bit dodgy to me. What recourse would you have if it was faulty or badly fitted? Look in your local Yellow Pages under Toldos, and get a couple of quotes (presupuestos). Go with the one that seems most professional at a reasonable price. Of course, it depends very much on the size you need, but reckon on around 300 - 400 euros. If you are a member of a community, check with the president or admin. what colour you must get. It may be obvious by looking around at your neighbours, but check just in case.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

It's all new to me - 7 posts
hi from lisa and derek help required - 6 posts
Technologia Urbanistica - 6 posts
Any Owners in warrington - 4 posts
solar system - 4 posts
Guinae Pigs - 0 posts
Hola from morerosado - 2 posts
politics in costa blanca - saturday daily mail article - 3 posts
nan and ewen - 2 posts
Musicians and live music in Spain - 7 posts
college in murcia - 2 posts
Apartment for Rent in Almerimar (Alta Entinas) - 1 posts
MARBELLA HILL VIEW - UPDATE - 3 posts
Looking to Purchase in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
Did you buy a discontinued Thader? - 12 posts
Hi All - 2 posts
hi - 4 posts
Disney World - 38 posts
Rental companies - 2 posts
Thanks To Georgia - 1 posts
Transferring money to Spain for completion - 6 posts
New EOS Team member - 3 posts
message board - 5 posts
MOT / NCT requirement - 7 posts
Associated Costs for bits needed in the house - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x