i bought a house in olvera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by spanishflea Star rating in Salisbury, Wilts. 1 posts Send private message

I bought a small casita in Olvera,Andalucia. It is a very old house, but modernised, and makes a fantastic bolt hole for a few days away every few weeks. My neighbours are all Spanish, and are all very friendly. Olvera is a most beautiful pueblo blanco, with a castle, and church perched on the hilltop. It is off the beaten track, but there are some English people in residence. At the very top of town are the original very narrow Moorish streets, all very picturesque.

Like 1      
22 Jul 2010 10:49 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Spanishflea and welcome to the forum. 

Your little bolthole sounds lovely!  I have spent a few holidays at a friend's house in Casarabonela which is not too far from you, so I know the area a little.  I found village life really noisy, not at all what I expected!  With the kids on their motorbikes and scooters, the cockrels, the horse next door and the tractors going up and down the street, I quickly realised how noisy the Spanish can be.

Sometimes the forum gets a bit gloomy with all the problems people can have relocating to Spain, so it would be nice to hear more of the traditional village side of life here, to give some balance.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Las Brisas - Campamor - 5 posts
How vulnerable is the Spanish economy? BBC 2 Newsnight - 9 posts
community rules - 4 posts
Keyholder, meet and great and cleaning required. - Playa Flamenca - 6 posts
IBI TAX 2010 - 1 posts
Thinking of making the move - but where to start?!?! - 2 posts
Fisiotherapeut - 0 posts
Golf Clubs wanted - 0 posts
polaris world refunds - 8 posts
Let the buyer beware - 9 posts
How do I get my deposit back? - 4 posts
Early Closing in Spain? - 17 posts
Best place to electricals-Costa del Sol? - 3 posts
Too many brits in Spain (funny) - 14 posts
van space needed end July/early August - 2 posts
Kindle e-books for Dummies? - 1 posts
PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN GRAN ALACANT SANTA POLA - 0 posts
URGENT RENTAL NEEDED - 2 posts
Second hand shops - 8 posts
If you are travelling or expecting visitors... - 0 posts
Sold property what happens to Tax paid? - 1 posts
Electrical Certificate - 6 posts
DACION EL PAGO - 6 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Clay search - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x