Second hand shops

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Does any one know of any second hand shops in the Montesinos/Torrevieja and surrounding areas that may sell double wardrobes preferably that can be delivered?

We are looking for a pine one, not too expensive.

Or if anyone has one for sale let us know - we will be over in September.

TIA 

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 2:55 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

Loads of second hand shops in the area. Check Round Town News or one of the other free papers - you can read online. I am sure you will see several ads.

If you want something specific it is usally pot luck. Perhaps you could ring one or two.

Good luck

Jean

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 10:32 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Jean

Thanks for the reply, we will have a look in the papers - hadn't thought of that, I get them on line too!!

Pine would match the the furniture we have, we want to have a wardrobe we can lock up with our personal clothes in and try to travel with hand luggage, rather than take a suitcase every time as the cost of taking a case is getting more expensive every trip. It will pay for its self in a couple of years. 

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 10:44 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - there is a second-hand shop in Los Montesinos at the Herradura (?) roundabout.  Have never used it but it looks like there is a lot of stock when I drive past.  One I have used and would definately recommend is the 2nd Hand Warehouse in San Miguel de Salinas.  They have lots of pine although I haven't looked for wardrobes there.  Trouble with wardrobes is that so many properties come with built-in wardrobes so they may be more difficult to find.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 10:49 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Thanks Claire, we have seen the one on the roundabout near us but never been in.

Where is the one in San Miguel? do you have an address or directions please?

Like 0      
21 Jul 2010 11:16 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I was hoping you wouldn't ask that as it is down a backstreet and I often have to drive around to find it! 

It is beside a pub called the Nut House and I found this listing on one of the local web directories - hope it helps. 

Secondhand Warehouse: A variety of used furniture, new and second hand beds and white goods for sale. Open Monday to Friday 10:00-20:00 and Saturday 10:00-16:00. Located at Plaza de la Constitucion, 03180 San Miguel de Salinas.
Tel: 628 923 294

Regards

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 9:50 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

The one in San Miguel is a bit awkward to find. Best thing to do is head for centre and ask in one of the shops or someone in the street.. There are always some English around there as well as some English businesses if your Spanish isn't OK. If they do not know the second hand place ask for the Nut House.

Call in the Nut House it is an experience. Local tale is that the bar cannot get a beer licence so sells plates of nuts and crisps with "free " beer to get around the licensing.

Jean

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 10:52 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Jean and Claire

We know the Nut House, we have been with friends, yes it is an experience there, we didn't believe the bit about the licence at first, wasn't sure if it was just a story, not that it matters does it?

We bought our original wardrobe in Garcias, we will have a look in there also, but it was over 4 years ago, hoping to get something very similar.

Thanks for all the info, not over till September - can't come quick enough.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 12:31 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

You could try Tony Ellis too.

He has shops in Torreveija and Cabo Roig

If you can't see what you want, ask, as I know he has store houses too.

Edited re: spelling!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 23/07/2010.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

If you are travelling or expecting visitors... - 0 posts
Sold property what happens to Tax paid? - 1 posts
Electrical Certificate - 6 posts
DACION EL PAGO - 6 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Clay search - 0 posts
Squatter crisis - 26 posts
New roof on old building... - 2 posts
Choir (coro) /Singing group - 0 posts
how far is Duecasa from Malaga Airport - 4 posts
El Corte Ingles Discount Vouchers..... - 0 posts
Problem President :( - 53 posts
Need an Alarm - Costa Blanca? - 3 posts
car boot sales - 0 posts
putting up curtain poles/pictures worried about electrical wires/pipes - 7 posts
Help with Plumbing - 2 posts
Agents near Mojacar - 3 posts
Getting Insurance Company to settle - 0 posts
reposession of property - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 0 posts
Legal advice - 0 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 2 posts
Rock concert in San Javier - 2 posts
QUIZ NIGHTS - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x