Which car hire is best?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Mauritius123 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I have a booking with Alamo through CarHire 3000 for end of July at Alicante.

I also have a booking with Hirecarsinspain with Econorent which are £30 cheaper for the 8-day hire period.

Carhire 3000 are of course telling me that Alamo is a much more reputable company and that the smaller companies might not have such good vehicles.

My common sense tells me to go with cheapest but not 100% sure - can anyone help?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:06 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

My personal opinion would be formed in 2 parts - firstly, I have never heard of  'Econorent', whereas I have heard of Alamo ( and used them in the past, without complaint ) and secondly, as with most things in life, I find that you usually get what you pay for. I'd stick with Alamo unless somebody on the forum can chip in with a glowing  reference for the other lot.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check each company's terms & conditions! Econorent always give you a full tank & you return tank full. THAT makes a BIG difference for starters!

Edited to add: Search Econorent on here Tumbit, you may have never heard of them but a great many of us have used them endless times. Generally they have an excellent reputation.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 24/06/2010.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:16 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar

I appreciate that Morerosada, I was just offering my 'opinion' as  opposed to stating a cold fact - as I noticed that nobody else here was offering help with the question. Like I said in my post, if somebody could offer a recommendation then I'm sure they would be fine. 

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 11:25 PM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Perhaps you should look at the posting by "martin o" regarding "econorent"?

He seems to think that they have closed. Maybe someone can tell us differently?

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 12:33 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

There has been an update to Martin O's posting which seems to clarify the situation with Econorent.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-11015.aspx

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 1:56 AM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Thanks Noreen,

No doubt those people who have booked with Econorent can breathe a huge sigh of relief, although there are numerous companies doing "last-minute" deals on car-hire at the moment, so it's always worth spending an hour or two trawling the net as you never know what you may find!

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 10:34 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thankfully, for those in our location, we are finding that there is no need to spend hours trawling the net any more.  Obviously, I am not allowed to mention the company by name, but the new local company to our development is far more competitive than any of the larger companies out there. You don't get stung with any of the silly add ons, Full/Full no matter how long the rental is, quality service & competitive prices - what more could you ask for?

As you have previously advocated Lorraine, like you, I would far rather support the local businesses that keep the local area alive rather than use the large multi nationals that don't give anything back to the local infrastructure.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I can vouch for Econorent, but have to say I am disappointed they have pulled out of Murcia (I have commented on the other thread, but don't know which airport the daughter was flying into).

Econorent work out cheaper over the long term because of the full/ full, but more expensive on a short (weekend) trip as the big companies will allow full/ full on hires of less than 4 days.

I have always had fast, courteous and reliable service from them, much quicker than waiting in arrivals for the slow "big" companies.

Dickmanns is another name that is starting to crop up with reasonable prices too, but half/ half which is a bit more difficult to judge.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

information please - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 0 posts
Changes to terms and conditions of mortgage - 5 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 0 posts
christmas flights from glasgow - 1 posts
Rental Contract in Spanish (1 week stay) - 5 posts
Voting at AGM - 1 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD? - 1 posts
sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts
Watch UK tv on your laptop!! - 14 posts
Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x