WHAT HAPPENED TO A THREAD?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

What happened to the thread by more titled

'WHY do we have SO many car hire, bull fighting, World Cup, smoking v non smoking etc threads? :-)

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 8:32 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I think it's because the search facility on EOS is next to useless because it drags up absolutely everything and it's then hard to sort the wheat out from the chaff.  I also believe that many threads get "hijacked" so that when you do perform a search and look at the result, oft times it bears little or no actual bearing on the subject matter.  The list of threads also quickly disappears from the main list and I believe it's a lot easier to start a new football/bullfighting/car hire thread than searching for an existing one.  As a suggestion, is it not possible for the EOS admin to automatically drop these so called new threads into ones that alrewady exist?  Also it would be handy if one could bookmark a thread to "keep an eye" on it, rather than relying on replies to the subject ending up and clogging your email inbox.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sale contract - 7 posts
Light fixtures in Quesada - 7 posts
Watch UK tv on your laptop!! - 14 posts
Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts
Information, please? - 2 posts
Why do we get so many new members wanting to move to Spain? - 29 posts
Playing around! - 0 posts
Calahonda International School - 2 posts
Spanish postal service reliability - 2 posts
New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x