Cocoon telecom

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2010 4:15 PM by shope Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I think you have missed the point: with Telefonica I recieve an excellent 24 hour connection. 

Like 0      
14 Oct 2010 12:16 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

That's what I'm saying.

If you have Telefonica then keep them. Although their cutomer service is non exsistent changing to somebody else can be a nightmare.

If it aint broke.......

Like 0      
14 Oct 2010 1:56 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

It is also worth looking at local companies.  We have broadband and a telephone through Telecable Jumilla.  If there is a problem (it has only happened once and was fixed quickly), all we have to do is pop into the local office and speak to them.  They are all very friendly and helpful in there too, though of course they don't speak English so it obviously took a while for us to explain what the problem was as our Spanish is still a bit basic. 

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
04 Jan 2011 12:36 AM by lucishand Star rating in benahavis. 12 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

** EDITED - Post under review **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 08/01/2011.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2011 12:18 PM by benahavisben Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Id like to comment on Lucishand's comments.  I work for Cocoon Telecom and I can assure you, i do get paid!!.  I have checked the history and what appears to have happened is that this lady asked Cocoon for a job and then signed herself up and left.  After checking her package I can see that she does indeed receive 400 free minutes.

There have only been two staff that have left the company,  one was pregnant and is due back in February and the other is this lady.

Also Arakis is owned by BT so are the same company.

Cocoon Telecom have a large customer base and yes they do get problems which are usually down to Telefonica but the difference is that Cocoon Telecom resolve these issues and go above and beyond to keep customers happy.

If lucia beleives that she was not paid then she should contact the office and resolve the matter.  This is in fact untrue as she was paid and also still continues to pass new customers!!

Like 0      
07 Jan 2011 11:41 PM by copty Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Interesting reply Ben and just have to pick you up on something - I know two ladies who worked in Telesales for Cocoon who have left so your statement here is inaccurate by at least two people! And they also tell me they never got paid and that is why they left! But perhaps they were lying - who knows, people do exagerate don't they.... Anyway I guess the main point for a thread such as this, is with the service Cocoon / BT / whoever offer, rather than whether they are a good employer. And in my experience their service is inferior to Telefonica. On the whole they are only able to offer (at best) half the ADSL speed Telefonica offer (be careful of of the "up to 6Mb" as in reality this is actually less than 3Mb compared to Telefonica's 5 - 10Mb actual speeds), even though they actually just resell Telefonica's network. Whether this is because Telefonica only allow them lower speeds as they are a competitor (which would be a bad state of affairs, and you'd hope the regulator would stamp on this), or because they won't pay Telefonica enough for bandwidth in order to try and make more profit I don't know. It would be great if they could offer a competitive service to Telefonica, but right now they don't and Telefonica are getting pretty aggressive with their pricing as well as upping their speeds - so personally I'd be sticking with Telefonica right now!!

Like 0      
09 Jan 2011 12:14 PM by lucishand Star rating in benahavis. 12 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I worked at Cocoon Telecom, I was paid for the 3 orders I processed. I joined them in May 2010 after a recruitment campaign, left the company of my own free will 6 weeks later and have since set up my own successful admin and book-keeping consultancy whereby I do not have the time or desire to pass leads to Cocoon. I have since transferred to being their customer and experienced first-hand the quality and service provided.

After receiving an e-mail threat in my private inbox from BenahavisBen asking me to remove my previous post or I will be denounced and a slander legal proceeding be started against me, I retract my last post as such. In hindsight, any post put on these forums (which are purposely for voicing opinion on experience and service for companies whilst living in Spain), should be based on personal experience, quality and service alone and nothing to do with hearsay or relation to alleged company staffing issues. (By the way BenahavisBen I believe that you may want to update your legal advisor that slander is in fact verbal and it is in actual fact libel that is written...........)

As such, my opinion and post of BT Arrakis and Cocoon Telecom is as follows:- Our service is used from our premises, which is a base for business and personal use of ADSL. I cannot recommend people to switch to BT Arrakis, based mainly due to the poor ADSL service we have received. In relation to using the reseller Cocoon Telecom in particular (over the many other resellers here if BT like ‘BT in Spain’ and ‘Internet4Spain’ and ‘TelecomSpain’ who sell the BT package, I can neither recommend nor speak positively about the level of customer service we have received. We are on a monthly tariff of 400 inclusive fixed line European calls, but have been billed for calls which should have been inclusive. We have had no response from Cocoon Telecom about this despite 3 e-mails being sent (first being sent on 20th December). Neither have we successfully managed to get hold of them by telephone any of the attempts to call between morning of Christmas eve and 6pm New years day (New Year’s Day is not a holiday in Spain) about this matter. This may well have been due to the festive period, but there was no voicemail to inform customers about festive operating hours and once again, I feel that this is not the standard one would expect of any company owned by or resold by BT. We managed to contact BT Arrakis with ease in contrast, who directed the resolution of our problem back to Cocoon Telecom.

It's a real shame that Cocoon Telecom staff can't respond to the 3 formal e-mail requests sent about these over-charges or the request for a further copy of itemised calls for the month of October 2010, and instead prefer to send e-mail threat private message attempts on forums simply because they don't like customers voicing their opinion. They defend themselves as striving to 'resolve issues and go above and beyond to keep customers happy' which seems to be a contradiction in terms for our latest simple unresolved request outstanding since 20th December 2010.

We are looking forward to returning to Telefonica, who as most people know, are far from perfect, but in our opinion, still a much better quality, faster ADSL provider and less hassle option. Currently Telefonica are offering customers 10mbps for €19,90 per month including router which lasts until 11th January. I thought my experience with BT Arrakis / Cocoon Telecom would be a much higher standard and am very disappointed, particularly at Cocoon Telecom’s total lack of response to our latest issue. BT Arrakis have been pleasant to deal with, but were simply never able to offer the service that Telefonica can and it is a shame – in my opinion, the ADSL package has deceptively loose terms around the subject of speed which makes our internet completely inadequate (although the actual call connections and quality we have never had issues with – only the over-charged billing which has yet to be resolved).

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 10:44 PM by sunilara Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Removed as requested by EDGE Partnership Ltd who have stated that these comments on non-payment are false **

Like 0      
16 Jan 2011 11:36 PM by benahavisben Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Grow up guys, if you care to check with BT then you will find that Cocoon are infact an authorised dealer for them. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as the lonely people who seem to write unfounded, innaccurate comments here do so any further dealings will be through solicitors. Thank you for your time.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2011 3:41 PM by lucishand Star rating in benahavis. 12 posts Send private message

17 Jan 2011 5:06 PM by lucishand Star rating in benahavis. 12 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

good news is that we are back with telefonica as of today hurrah! we are delighted so far and as promised telefonica's adsl speed and service is as described.

got 9.0mbps download speed most of today, only dipping to 8.6mbps at the lowest point noted so far. we have never ever got above 2.6mbps in the regretful 3 months we were with Cocoon Telecom, and we only seemed to get that top (lol!) speed with them after a complaint was made by my husband about the service being slower than it had been with telefonica. we really would have left BT Cocoon so much sooner but didn't have time to do the switchover during the busy family and social Christmas period.

our upload speed is now almost 7x what it was yesterday with Cocoon - almost 7x (0.76mb upload speed as opposed to the pathetic 0.15 we got yesterday whilst attempting our weekly family skype video call back to blighty .... we must have diconnected about 6 times during one call, very hard work!)

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 11:57 PM by sunilara Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

COCOON IS NOT BT CHECK OUT BT'S OFFICIAL RESPONSE - GIVE THEM A CALL TO CLARIFY NUMBER ON EMAIL

BE AWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS

For clarification purposes regarding this company pretending to be BT this post is written by the head of media relations in BT UK

The Cocoon Telecom website is not a BT website and Cocoon Telecom is not a BT owned company in anyway – it is only a Spanish based company reselling BT actually Arrakis products in Spain. It carries BT’s product logo as a reseller of BT products in the same way that other sales websites carry product websites – however, I do agree it is very prominent on the website.

I would like to let you know that we have written to Cocoon Telecom’s management in Spain asking them if they can revise their  website, so that it doesn’t cause confusion. I would suggest that you make your concerns known to Cocoon as well, if you have not done so already.

Once again, apologies for any concern this has caused and confusion that this the statement on the website is BT’s – as it is not BT.

Please do not hesitate to contact  me if you wish to discuss further.

Best regards
Dan

Dan Thomas I Head of Corporate Media Relations I BT Group Plc
pp A5P I BT Centre 81 Newgate Street I London I EC1A 7AJ
Office: +44 (0) 20 7356 5369 I Email: This email contains BT information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Thank you. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.
British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ

Registered in England no: 1800000

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 12:16 AM by sunilara Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

More info from BT UK on Cocoon Telecom

Thank you for bringing this to our attention a company that are using the BT logo.
 I have forwarded this on for further investigation.
I have checked the website and, it appears to not be a British Telecom Website but one owned by a company called Cocoon Telecom who are based in Spain. However, you are quite correct in identifying the claimed link with BT because this company are suggesting they are a BT authorised dealer and are using the BT Logo everywhere. Please bear with us while we investigate further then we will need to contact  the company concerned in Spain and sort this out . Regarding any payments not made to staff this would be a Cocoon telecom issue not BT as they have no relationship to us for these grounds. I will also pass on to my colleagues the false claims of advertising careers with BT as this is not the case.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

Kindest regards,

Steve Anstey
BT Yourviews Helpdesk

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 11:37 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

tossers, I had short spell with this company, but never got anything from it. but must say  that i did check this company out with BT, and was told that they are legit to sell bt. So like all things its sometimes good, sometimes bad.

This message was last edited by esteban19120 on 19/01/2011.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 4:26 PM by wowzers Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Wow, does sound like these are a bunch of cowboys based on what Esteban and Sunilara have said - BT certainly look to be distancing themselves from them anyway!! No wonder if they are crap at delivering, they'll do nothing but tarnish BT's good name!!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 11:36 PM by lucishand Star rating in benahavis. 12 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

yes, be warned people, they are just a no go area STAY WITH TELEFONICA / MOVISTAR!  despite paying for the calls i was due to pay for to date, i have delightfully ended up with a summons for an amount which doesn't relate to any bill amount they have ever issued to me and has no explanation or breakdown of costs???????

the whole experience has been a complete mess and wish i had never left telefonica, i only hope other people have more sense than i did previously and stay well away.

i have received duplicate bills for the same periods of consumption and which have differing factura numbers - making it look like i have been billed twice as much - i have rejected the innacurate debits from my bank, explained in detail to arrakis what was wrong, paid the correct amounts and sent copies of my payment receipt AND arrakis have since billed me correctly proving that they understand the error....only to since then be issued with a summons which is completely baffling and relates to nothing recognisable on my billing account, with no breakdown of costs!!! i am guessing that i am the one who will end up with the black mark against my credit history despite the fact that i have done nothing wrong and have paid my way. after sending arrakis a copy of my receipt showing my payment at the bank and writing a concise e-mail quoting all the invoices and explaining their errors and why i have had to reject - i have heard nothing at all and cannot reach them by telephone.

i am going to the consumidor to try and resolve the matter seeing as arrakis are no longer answering their customer service in english (their MAIN selling point being that they offer ENGLISH speaking customer care!) and i have also been approached to submit a full letter to BT in the UK reporting my experience, to help them clear up their rapidly tarnished reputation out here, through experiences like this and through no fault of their own.

i have finally been contacted by cocoon telecom today, but although they also, like arrakis, incorrectly insist i still owe money, it is a completely different amount to the amount on the summons that arrakis have issued.... and once again....it relates to no amount on any bills which were ever sent to me.....i really didn't think it could get any less professional, but yet again.....

cocoon telecom / arrakis.....they are one and the same in my opinion, avoid if you value your time and money!

Like 0      
04 Aug 2011 4:53 AM by howiegooner Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I signed up with cocoon 11 months ago. 60 euros a month for the line and broadband.  I dont live in Spain but stay at my house for short vacations. During those trips I have never had even one day of complete broadband service. Mostly I get nothing at all. On a good day a few minutes. I have made over 200 calls to technical support. Now they do not talk to me  promising to always call back in 10 minutes, which never happens,   On Wednesday someone from Arrakis finally called at 11 15 pm offering help. It soon became clear it was a deliberate wind up. During my dealings I have been given 7 different email addresses to write to. Only one ever replys and that is an automated reply just promising to respond soon. It never happens. 4 months ago I was promised a refund but that has never happened either. When I call Cocoon as against Arrakis, they inform me that they are purely agents and these guys who were so super charming when I wanted to sign up are now super abusive. So far Arrakis/Cocoon have had 700 euros of my money and I have had nothing. Personally I refuse to allow people to steal from me without fighting back even though I am now nearly 70 years old. It is my intenetion to pursue these people through the court system and via the police with a denouncement. I will instruct my lawyers in London to contact BT and various newspapers in Spain. The very least that will happen is that these people will be exposed and other members of the public will not suffer the same fate as me.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2011 7:47 PM by ColinaClub Star rating in Calpe. 1 posts Send private message

Cocoon Telecom is STILL advertising in this week's Euro Weekly News as an "Authorised BT Dealer".

Perhaps EWN should refuse to print their advetisements.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2011 12:15 PM by howiegooner Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Latest news from Cocoon Telecom

Having conned me into continuing to stay and pay them by offering me a 6 month credit in February they just emailed to say there will now be no rebate. They say the service works fine ( I never had one day of broadband since signing). They say I should call customer support. By the way "customer support" consists of a guy telling you "switch your lap top off and switch the router off" They have nothing else............GUYS  PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY> THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL CONMEN

Like 0      
30 Aug 2011 3:07 PM by rbjenkins Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

HIstory  to date with Cocoon

My email dated 28/3/2011 to Cocoon

Dear Sirs  - The changeover from Telefonica to BT last October has proved to be one of my worst retail experiences in 10 years of living in Spain. I will not attempt to list all the telephone calls of complaint but the bottom line is that the current download speed is quite unacceptable. You will see from the attached test results that the current speed at best is 1·112 Mb as opposed to the “Up to” contracted speed of 6Mb. You will note that at times the speed reduces below ·4 Mb as whereas it normally improves back to the higher reading on rebooting the router, the need to do this is a constant irritation since it can happen up to three times a day. In passing, I would remind you that the router that was supplied “packed up” and was removed by Mark so I am currently using my own router.  In a recent telephone conversation, Mark informed me that it was impossible to improve on the current speed which should have been known before the changeover in which case the misery and inconvenience of the past two months would have been avoided. As explained to Mark, my neighbour has a speed in excess of 3MB and I intend to change to the company he is using as soon as possible.In view of the fact that your company is unable to provide an acceptable speed, I trust you will give me every cooperation in effecting a smooth changeover. Yours faithfully - Robert Jenkins  

Their response same date
Dear Robert, I totally agree with everything you have written and will vouch for you all the way, we will give you every cooperation in effecting a smooth changeover. Let me know when you want to cancel the service with BT. Regards
Mark

The reality - 5 months later - My email to Cocoon dated 29th August

Dear Mr Williams – Further to your email below and the subsequent telephone conversation I had with Giles Lane, I would advise you that despite the fact that the service was transferred to Orange on the 1 July, BT Arrakis have submitted and pressed for payment of invoices up to 8 September. To add insult to injury, they have also submitted an invoice for a cancellation charge on a contract that they and you have broken both in fact and intent. In addition we received a letter in Spanish from I.S.G.F. INFORMES Comerciales, S.L. demanding payment. Despite the claim that “We speak your language” it is only possible to communicate with Arrakis in very basic English so it was necessary for my wife who is Spanish to telephone these people last week and explain the situation. She spoke to Elena Rodriguez on 968 35 80 21 who promised to investigate and report back to us. We have heard nothing further from her. Giles Lane said that Cocoon only acted as agents for BT Arrakis and therefore had no duty to try and resolve this dispute. This is quite unacceptable and will come as a shock to existing and potential clients and I would draw your attention to the e-mails below exchanged with your company.

In conclusion and for the avoidance of doubt, I would advise you that any further harassment or legal proceedings will be strenuously defended and if appropriate, I will submit a counterclaim for loss and distress caused by the actions of BT Arrakis and Cocoon. The failure to provide an acceptable level of service, the “bully boy” tactics of the people at “cobris” and their failure to attempt to resolve the complaints is carefully documented and available in the event of such proceedings. Your behavior and that of Arrakis needs to brought to the attention of the Authorities and you have my assurance that unless you cease forthwith, this will be the inevitable outcome.Yours sincerely – Robert Jenkins

The outcome - watch this space!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

doeas anyone knows a good locksmith to change the locks pls - 6 posts
Looking for New Mount Bikes - 3 posts
5 day break with the boys in June - 3 posts
Ibercaja - 2 posts
Ibercaja - 0 posts
Mortgage broker in Malaga and/or Cadiz - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Are my Capital Gains calculations right??!!! - 5 posts
IS SQUATTING ILLEGAL IN SPAIN? - 12 posts
Hyperlinks in Signatures... - 3 posts
Question for Justin ? - 8 posts
Change of address and region - how to pay car tax - 4 posts
Electricity Supplier change from Portillo to HC Energia - 1 posts
Endesa - 21 posts
Da Vinci's at the lakeside Shopping Centre on the Torrevieja road - 1 posts
Hi We are shortly moving to Rojales, Costa Blanca - 8 posts
Is this right?? - 16 posts
starting up stables - 2 posts
Urgently Wanted to borrow /hire/buy: Top Box for Car... - 0 posts
Advice please - 5 posts
Wanted long term let La Zenia - 0 posts
looking for a place in monda - 1 posts
How to get iPlayer in Spain legally - 7 posts
Gas Barbecue - 4 posts
what happened to Technologia Urbanistica so far? are they bankrupt or still in business - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x