Cocoon telecom

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2011 2:54 PM by canterbury12 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am new to the site and would just like to say I work for this company in sales for approx 4 weeks.  In that short amount of time the only problems I have come accross with regards to the internet are all to do with the telefonica lines not Cocoon.  Please dont  forget that Telefonica own all the lines in Spain and are very reluctant for a new provider to take them over any delay is due to them.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2011 4:11 PM by rbjenkins Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

If  canterbury12  Is employed by Cocoon selling their services then he must be familiar with their brochure which contains such encouraging sales points as “Switching to BT is easy”, “We speak your language”, “You do nothing –WE DO IT ALL FOR YOU” & “Up to 6 Mb ADSL Broadband Internet.

Its all upside and nowhere does it say that in the event of any difficulties – “ it’s all the fault of Telefonica” and as we are only the agents taking a commission then “you are on your own mate!” and the contract you signed was with the Spanish arm of BT and if you don’t speak and/or write in Spanish then “tough luck”

For the record - I am still awaiting a reply to my e-mails to Cocoon, BT Arakis or their collection agents INFORMES Comerciales, S.L.

This is quite an indictment of Companies and individuals engaged in the communication industry!

Like 0      
07 Oct 2011 8:49 PM by freddie2 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I need to add to what has been said on this site , Cocoon /arrakis are a bunch of shysters. 

i signed up with them based on their promises of cheaper calls better broadband etc. it proved to be a nightmare, the service kept dropping out ( about 20 times a day )  and whenever I reported it I was told that because the line was owned by Movistar ,it was their responsibility and BT /Cocoon  could do nothing. I was also told, by an employee of cocoon, that the routers supplied by BT /cocoon were not as good as Movistars ! 

I did get an engineer out from telefonica/Movistar who told me that the line was very old and really needs replacing ,but this was unlikely to happen in the near future, I reported this to BT/Cocoon who said there was nothing they could do as I am about 2 km from the exchange and Movistar would not do it .

I had no option to return to Movistar, who had previously supplied me with a satisfactory service, albeit a bit pricey ( hence the change to BT/Cocoon) .

I told the support team that I wanted to leave, as the service was rubbish, which they understood and was advised to call a number and explain why i wanted to leave otherwise I would be charged a contract cancellation fee, i did this and was given an email address to send my request to .

I eventually received a very brief reply to say that they had looked at my request and because the fault was on the wiring inside my house they couldd not cancel the charge.

This is absolute rubbish as since changing back to Movistar  nothing has changed about the wiring inside my house and it works perfectly with between 5 and 6 Mb. .

I have told them they are talking rubbish and have refused to pay , we will have to wait and see what happens, they want €60 for breaking the contract and I have told them that they broke the contract with me, by not being able to provide the service they promised .

Watch this space !

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 4:28 PM by herbie74 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

After nine years with Telefonica we decidedto change internet providers. This was due to restraints within telefonica i.e the lack of or misunderstanding with communication, high rate for calls to the UK. We choose BTCocoon to be able to communicate be understood and usderstand with clarity throughout, and with 400mins of free calls to the UK ,much lower charges for line rental and ADSL connections plus electronic bills. Our service so far has been excellent.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2012 6:31 PM by gizmo1979 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Just wanted to warn anyone who is thinking of contracting cocoon telecom. They are the biggest scam that is around.

I contracted them 2 years ago, then moved house and since I had no phone connection there I needed to cancel the line. This was January this year. I spoke to cocoon telecom, and they said they cancelled my line, but I have been paying telefonica ever since for the line rental.

I can not cancel my telefonica line (which THEY installed) with cocoon telecom. They pass you off to Arakis services, who don´t speak any english (so far for all support in english) luckilly I speak fluent spanish, but Arakis services say, since I contracted the line with cocoon telecom, they have to provide the service of canceling the line.

When I call telefonica to cancel my line they say since it was contracted by arakis service, they have to cancel the line for me.

So basically, no one can cancel my line and I keep paying 30 euros per month for a phone line I don´t use in a house I no longer live in.

It is a disgrace! Cocoon telecom pretend to be ever so helpful "in your own language" but if you don´t speak any spanish you will not be able to cancel your line if you move.

I have now denounced cocoon telecom and arakis services. Not becuase of the 30 euros per month, but hopefully to prevent this happening to anyone else who contracts their service.

Trust me, I have lived here for 8 years, have a good job and am fluent in 4 languages, I KNOW they are an abolute rip off.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

doeas anyone knows a good locksmith to change the locks pls - 6 posts
Looking for New Mount Bikes - 3 posts
5 day break with the boys in June - 3 posts
Ibercaja - 2 posts
Ibercaja - 0 posts
Mortgage broker in Malaga and/or Cadiz - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Are my Capital Gains calculations right??!!! - 5 posts
IS SQUATTING ILLEGAL IN SPAIN? - 12 posts
Hyperlinks in Signatures... - 3 posts
Question for Justin ? - 8 posts
Change of address and region - how to pay car tax - 4 posts
Electricity Supplier change from Portillo to HC Energia - 1 posts
Endesa - 21 posts
Da Vinci's at the lakeside Shopping Centre on the Torrevieja road - 1 posts
Hi We are shortly moving to Rojales, Costa Blanca - 8 posts
Is this right?? - 16 posts
starting up stables - 2 posts
Urgently Wanted to borrow /hire/buy: Top Box for Car... - 0 posts
Advice please - 5 posts
Wanted long term let La Zenia - 0 posts
looking for a place in monda - 1 posts
How to get iPlayer in Spain legally - 7 posts
Gas Barbecue - 4 posts
what happened to Technologia Urbanistica so far? are they bankrupt or still in business - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x