electrical goods why so expensive?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by buildersteve Star rating in alhaurin el grande. 28 posts Send private message

could anyone explain why i can purchase most goods from the uk ,get them delivered to my door and still save a fortune. my sons birthday is coming up and we have bought most of his presents in the uk far cheaper. dont get me wrong iam not complaining just curious for some answers ?

Like 0      
20 Oct 2010 6:59 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

They like to make a large profit.Same with cars.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2010 1:24 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Lack of competition I guess.  Internet retailing hasn't really taken off yet in spain either, which is another reason for the high prices.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2010 3:42 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

It has always been like that here, you do not have half of the competition or choice as in other countries and this is a large factor!

Joan

Like 0      
20 Oct 2010 7:15 PM by shadow754 Star rating in La Alpujarra, Granad.... 29 posts Send private message

Lack of competition is one reason, the other is that many Spanish don't want the 'Goods'. Out of the Metropolis, it is common to find Spaniards who do not have an oven, and only use a hob, if you say you are going to have a roast dinner, they ask how you intend to cook at it, and look at you strangely when you say 'in the oven', also fridges, they buy their produce / milk daily, so have no need for one. The list goes on.

Things we take for granted, the Spanish are still quite happy to do without, and although it doesn't help the rest of us, who can blame them.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted second hand Freezer - 0 posts
Proxy votes at community meetings for absent owners - 9 posts
Please help me to my problem.. - 1 posts
Autonomo - 27 posts
For Sale - FC400 Cross Trainer Exercise Machine - 0 posts
LLoyds Bank Charges - 1 posts
Does anyone know how to stop calls from 912 868 399?? - 3 posts
wanted - shipping container - 3 posts
Moto X Bike - 1 posts
Electricity problems - 7 posts
Topping up mobiles - 8 posts
white goods - 0 posts
Electrical Goods - 0 posts
Sabanillas market - 2 posts
Floor Polishing - 0 posts
WALKING GROUP. FIRST WALK OF THE SEASON - 0 posts
Would you like a house-sitter ? - 2 posts
Hello all - 3 posts
COMPUTER BETTER - 2 posts
Cost of changing Deeds to one name - 0 posts
trees - 3 posts
Flight cancelled on 19th French strike - 2 posts
Now I know what the Spanish really think of the Brits - 24 posts
Air Conditioning Intallation Engineers - Granada City Area - 0 posts
Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x