Energy Efficiency certificate

Expatica - Health
Post reply   Start new thread
New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Mirador de la Vega Ii forum threads
The Comments
24 Apr 2013 14:53 by sturdyboy Star rating in scotland. 2 forum posts Send private message

Hi all,

Has anyone made any enquiries about the Energy efficiency certificate, known as Certificado de Eficiencia Energética (CEE), that is required on all properties from 1st June 2013.

I have copied the following from the rtn newsletter ;

Last Saturday, the official gazette of the Government of Spain, Boletín Oficial del Estado (BOE), published Royal Decree 235/2013, 5th April 2013, approving the basic procedure for the certification of energy efficiency of buildings. The publication officially declares the Royal Decree is law.

If you are selling a home you should obtain a certificate before it is advertised in order to provide prospective buyers with energy performance information about the property. Rentals should obtain a certificate if the property is used over four months of the year.

The certificate must be issued by a CEE certified assessor who will visit the property to carry out a survey. They should be an architect, engineer, or a qualified technician who is authorised to undertake building projects and thermal installations for buildings. Once the survey is complete the assessor will take a few days to produce the certificate. The cost of the certificate is not set by government but by the assessor, and usually depends on the total floor space of the property.

AVEN (Agencia Valenciana de la Energía) is the registry of the Comunidad Valenciana which shall be responsible for CEE inspection and control. However, AVEN is not yet prepared to receive any certificates and thus, for the moment, a CEE does not need any other processing. In the future, the CEE will need endorsement from the Official Association of Architects (Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos), but for the moment, endorsement is not compulsory. It is probable that in the future when the registry is in place, that the certificate needs to be endorsed, but this can be done in the future without any problems.

Failure to comply is an offense under consumer protection law and is punishable according to the General Law on Protection of Consumers and Users and statutory rules. Policing the law will fall to the Autonomous Regions. How quickly and stringently the local authorities implement the new law, only time will tell.

The Royal Decree makes no reference to the time frame to comply with the new law after 1st June 2013. Bear in mind that policing of the new law will undoubtedly take a while, which will allow a honeymoon period, but failure to comply should only be considered at owners’ own risk.

looking forward to any replies,


Ian & Jill (no.36 / 21L)

Like 0

Spam post or Abuse? Please let us know

Pages: 1 |
Post reply   Start new thread

Previous Threads

We´d love to get in touch with people. Love Donna and Andy xxx - 0 posts
visiting Mirador de la Vega II - 0 posts
Wanted, top floor apartment. - 2 posts
Possible Purchase - 2 posts
Legal tip 480. 1 week for Company incorporation in Spain - 0 posts
Lorca earthquake - 0 posts
Renting your propert -The legal aspects - 0 posts
The Restore Action - 0 posts
P&O Ferry Cancelled for autumn bookings - 0 posts
Another year gone......... - 1 posts
thinking of buying - 3 posts
Residents annual meeting September 09 - 0 posts
Nothing to say... - 2 posts
Sofa available to take away... - 0 posts
email address - 1 posts
So the 177 Euros charge is for counters?????? - 0 posts
Thinking of buying - 2 posts
September Meeting - 0 posts
Licence of 1st Occupation/Habitation Licence - 3 posts
SAT/TV AGAIN! - 2 posts
House sitting service, Padron, etc. - 1 posts
Just saying Hi to one and all - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
Water Bills? - 2 posts
Have a Wonderful Christmas, Everyone... - 1 posts

1 posts were found:

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x