AVE High Speed Line

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar

Hi does anyone have a map of where the new AVE High Speed Line is likely to run from North of Spain to Huercal-Overa ?

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 7:42 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

This is the best I can do. If you click on the map it loads full size. To my knowledge they are following the existing Murcia, Lorca line and then carrying on in the direction of Vera, where their will be a new station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVE

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 7:46 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

Sorry you'll have to cut & paste, I don't know why it won't link direct.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2010 10:35 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Redjoe...Hi,

Given that the hub of all AVE services is Madrid (Chamartin ) it is highly unlikely that there will be a through service and a change will be needed at Madrid.

It is already possible to use AVE services from Bilbao to Murcia and or Cartagena. For example an 0855 dparture from Bilbao arrives at 1400 with an onward service to Murcia departing at 1629 arriving  Murcia at 2055.

It is unlikely that the Murcia-Almeria AVE service will be in operation before 2013 and in any case this service will only include stops at Lorca and Almanzora.

Have a look at the links shown below for more information;

http://www.altavelocidadmadridlevante.es/

http://www.adif.es/es_ES/infraestructuras/lineas_de_alta_velocidad/lineas_de_alta_velocidad.shtml

http://www.adif.es/es_ES/infraestructuras/lineas_de_alta_velocidad/almeria_murcia/almeria_murcia.shtml

ADIF is the Spanish equivalent of Britains 'Railtrack' but far more dedicated!

Hope this helps...

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 03/01/2010.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 12:40 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi again...T'would appear that Huercal doesn't have an existing rail service anyway...

Google Maps shows the railway line in existence but Google Street View shows no existance of track, just a graffiti sprayed old station in a very poor state.

Looks like the closest railhead will be Almamzora when the AVE service from Murcia to Almeria opens so don't hold your breath!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 8:21 AM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

The railway line into Huercal Overa as far as I can find out was never used.Franco took it away from the Almerians because of their resistance to him.So I have been told by the old locals.

When I came here 8 years ago,the railway line crossed the road where Lidls is now,but it was ripped up to build the new apartments and Lidls.

Jimbo

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 10:11 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

In their info. it says it will follow the existing Lorca-Águilas line as far as Pulpi, then heading in the direction to Vera,where there will be a station and from there following the N-340 corridor to the city of Almeria. Lorca is insisting that the service stops here and that approx. 14kms are tunneled under the town,inc. the stations. I can't see it being done anywhere near 2013 and now, after deciding how much land they required each side of the track from Totana to Lorca, they have changed their minds and want it all on the North side so leaving the owners up in the air yet again! There is at least 4 more road bridges to be built on the s/w side of Lorca, or closure of the crossings needed. I would have thought at least 5 more years would be a reasonable estimate.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 2:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts
Happy new year from Cleanasec - 0 posts
Wanted curret update on Arenal Phase 4 - 1 posts
Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border - 5 posts
Barajas Madrid Airport - 1 posts
MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN - 3 posts
Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts
Demonstration in Almeria City - 36 posts
Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts
Social activites for the kiddies - 0 posts
Wanted, childrens beds, cot bed, junior bed with mattreess - 0 posts
Honda Shuttle/Odessey 7 seater mpv people carrier 4x4 - 0 posts
opi rentals - 3 posts
How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts
Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x