Daily / weekly parking charges in the Focona car park La Linea / Gibraltar border

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

I have to go down to Gibraltar in the next few weeks and need to take the car, I know parking in Gib is difficult but ok in La Linea.

Could one of you kind people living in or passing through La Linea possible let me know the current daily / weekly parking rates in the underground car park Focona which is right by the border.

Thank you

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 1:51 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I park in the carp park opposite the Iberostar Hotel for 2 euros per day - they have 24 hour security. If you want to park overnight it is 3 euros.

There is also a car park just opposite the bus station in La Linea which is the same price, but it closes at 8pm so you would need to be out before then (although they do have a number you can 'phone if you're locked in).

I don't know how much the underground car park is, but my memory tells me I paid around 2 euros an hour last time I parked there - can't remember the actual amount but I know it was expensive!

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 3:51 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Thank you BusyLizzy,

Is the Iberostar hotel close to the border?

I only thought of the Focona car park as I hired a car out of there the last time I was down there.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 4:05 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hi Mr Kevin

Yes, the Iberostar is only two or three minutes walk to the border .... it's on the left before you reach the Gib border on the right. You need to turn literally in front of the hotel (the entrance is just off the main road) and the car park is directly opposite their entrance. You can't miss the hotel.

You can also park all day on a meter for 2 euros (even though they show different rates!). As long as you've paid 2 euros you won't get a ticket and can park there all day - the parking attendant told me this -  and on the odd occasion I park on the road I only pay 2 euros and have never had a ticket, even if my ticket ran out at 11am and I didn't return until after 9pm!

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 4:11 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

I have to park up and go off shore on a ship in the bay for a few days, I would be happier if the car was in a secure car park, so the car park by the Iberostar looks like it will be suitable.

Thanks for you help.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 7:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wish you good time in our area! We live and work in Algeciras!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barajas Madrid Airport - 1 posts
MAKE ME AN OFFER TRANSPORT TO SPAIN - 3 posts
Quesada / Rojales Book Reading Club - 0 posts
Demonstration in Almeria City - 36 posts
Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts
Social activites for the kiddies - 0 posts
Wanted, childrens beds, cot bed, junior bed with mattreess - 0 posts
Honda Shuttle/Odessey 7 seater mpv people carrier 4x4 - 0 posts
opi rentals - 3 posts
How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts
Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts
Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x