Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2010 5:07 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

A reminder about this No.10 petition too

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/No-demolitions/

Poppyseed

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 12:41 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

17 Jan 2010 6:20 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

if only we could graft Poppyseed's perspective on all the silly spinners suffering from sunblindness!!!!!!!!!!!!

beware the enthusiast, most especially those with a financial incentive.

and come to think of it why not Poppyseed for Prime Minister????????

Unfortunately I only have one vote

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 2:16 PM by Bruce Jackson Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

In todays Times there is an in depth article with Comments on the illegal activities of the Andalucian mob.

The whole of Spain should be embarrased by their disgraceful barbaric actions.  Fantastic PR for a country which seems to be getting more corrupt than Nigeria. And what does the Spanish Government do ?

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 2:24 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Bruce

you are quite right, but will the Spanish government do anything without protest from the majority?  The fact their own property industry is on its knees doesn't seem to shake them in to much action, why should a few thousand Brits robbed have any effect on them? 

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 2:59 PM by jeb321 Star rating in Carrickfergus, N.Ire.... 454 posts Send private message

jeb321´s avatar

extog you are spot on - UK is looking for major Govt spending cuts - lets start with the EU - THAT SHOULD BE A BOUT 20BILLION A YEAR FOR STARTERS, lets then cut down on the size of Westminster and the so called devolved Govts that Blair/Brown let rip, and then we can get to the Town Halls - roll back Govt and Beuaracracy and we'll pay off the debt in no time !

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 3:09 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Back to Spain ............The only way to be effective and make the government ultimately accountable is for the EU to reallocate monies due to Spain to a compensation fund as per the Auken report.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 3:26 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

indeed it would, but I don't think the EU feel it's a big enough issue, or rather can't be bothered?

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 3:31 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

You can't get more important than human rights........ try telling that to the poor souls who are left without homes.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 4:19 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

very true. It makes me very angry that we are surposed to abide by EU rules, but when it comes to them playing their part....nothing!

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 6:38 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I don't know if this will help at all but I've drafted up a letter that others can copy (and amend depending on their circumstance) if they so wish, in my feeble attempt to spread the word.

Here it is:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all,

I just wanted to forward an article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1243586/If-come-bulldoze-villa-chain-inside-die-Spanish-dream.html) relating to the legal abuse that's taking place in Spain right now, and although we are not directly affected by these demolition orders, I just wondered if you might consider signing the petition (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/No-demolitions/ ) that has been established, to bring this to the attention of the Prime Minister. To sign the petition is a simple process.

In this day and age it's a disgrace that basic human rights are being affected in this way, and I personally can no longer turn a blind eye to this level of abuse by a country that is supposedly considered to be a civilised EU nation.

If after reading this Daily Mail article you also feel strongly about this, please forward this on to as many people as possible, so that our own government can no longer ignore the need to support its UK citizens, to fight their corner within the EU, and to bring the Spanish government to account. We need to bring this whole sorry saga to the attention of as many UK citizens as possible if change is to be effected.

There is also a petition ( http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk/2.html) which is requesting, alongside many other changes, that a special Fund be established, taken from EU funding to Spain, to facilitate the rights of the victims of these scandalous abuses.

For those requiring further details relating to the Spanish property scandal, the Auken Report can be read in full here:  

MEPs adopted the report with 349 votes in favour, 110 against and 114 abstentions. The EU Press Release following the voting of the Auken Report can be read here:

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Best regards,

________________________________________________________________________________

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 6:22 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

MEP Marta Andreasen  gives Zapatero some grief. But his look says, 'Am I bothered?'

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 6:25 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

MEP Marta Andreasen gives Sr.Zapatero some grief.

Although his expression says, 'Am I bothered?' 

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 6:28 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

MEP Marta Andreasen gives Sr. Zapatero some grief.

Although his expression says, 'Am I bothered?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0wk5cK4LU

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 6:30 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Sorry about the multiple posts but I kept getting an error message. Justin can you please remove the surplus posts?

This message was last edited by sandra on 20/01/2010.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 12:08 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

That sounds encouraging Sandra. Many thanks.

Don't worry abut the multiple posts as it reinforces the message

Like 0      
29 Jan 2010 4:24 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8487326.stm

Interesting contrast between the UK & Spain

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help.Lost payasgo movistar mobile phone but need to keep old number - 2 posts
Off airport parking at Alicante. - 6 posts
bank guarantee deposit for Calanova Palm Golf - 4 posts
Free queen mattress & Italian vanity - 0 posts
Social activites for the kiddies - 0 posts
Wanted, childrens beds, cot bed, junior bed with mattreess - 0 posts
Honda Shuttle/Odessey 7 seater mpv people carrier 4x4 - 0 posts
opi rentals - 3 posts
How do I find out about membership of the legal action group for corvera - 1 posts
First trip of the Year - 0 posts
Happy New Year!........again - 4 posts
Get your car booked for Easter and Summer now! - 0 posts
Paid Vacation Rental Sites versus Free Sites Versus My Own Site... My Experience... - 2 posts
president proxy votes - 5 posts
Happy New Year - 8 posts
Beautiful Spain - 5 posts
Price comparison site for Spain - 6 posts
Illegal Extension - How do I object? - 3 posts
Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts
need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x