Illegal Extension - How do I object?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

In my urbanisation there is an illegal office in the communal garage which was used for 3 years as a sales office by the builder/promoter.

Last year the President of our Urbanisation announced that this office would no longer be used and didn't want to get involved.

Now the builder/promoter is making alterations to this, and I believe intent on adding this as part of the property next door, which is owned by the Managing Director of the builders/promoters.

So, as I believe this is totally illegal, as they do not have permission from the community of owners to do such, and I suspect also do not have approved building plans, how do I object?

Also which office in Manilva, and where is it, so I can obtain the original approved building plans for the urbanisation, and in particular, our blocks?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 1:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Ah-ha!

I calmed down a bit and remembered the Land Registry.

So I've answered one question as to which office I need to go to and where it is.

Now just need to know where and how do I lodge a legal complaint and put a stop to this?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Dec 2009 3:56 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Planning department of the Manilva Local Council.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
31 Dec 2009 9:05 AM by spanishsolicitor Star rating in Murcia. 140 posts Send private message

spanishsolicitor´s avatar

Firstly, you need to find out the owner of this office. As you live in a community your president or administrator may give you that information but the 100% secure answer is in the Land Registry. It could be a common area which belongs to the community or a private unit. The Master Deed of your community contains a description of the common and private areas.

Regardless of who is the owner the fact is that this kind of alteration requires unanimity of the Owners’ Committee OC (all the owners voting for in a meeting).
The usual content of the ownership right is limited in a community by section 7 of the HPA
The owners of each flat or premises may modify the architectural elements, installations or services of their flat or premises, giving prior notice to the commonhold representative provided such work does not diminish or alter the safety of the building, its general structure, its external image or configuration, or prejudice the rights of another proprietor.
The owner and the occupant of the flat or premises shall not make any alteration in the rest of the community (Common areas)
‘General structure’ means bearings walls and floor structure. ‘External image or condition’ refers to everything regarding facades or even canopies
Limits established in this section will not operate if an owner obtains unanimous consent from the OC

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Casa Antonia Torremolinos webcam still stuck on Rain !!! - 1 posts
Self Certified mortgages - 5 posts
Happy New Year to the EOS team and some questions to consider - 1 posts
Spotify and Enya - 13 posts
NIE application & Modelo 790 Codigo 012 - 10 posts
need parts for jeep cherokee - 1 posts
Malaga Airport - 4 posts
SKY REMOTE CONTROL SETUP - 2 posts
Banks to create social housing - 12 posts
planeparking.es.....(at Murcia Airport)...Anyone use them ? - 6 posts
Broadband - 8 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing in February - 49 posts
Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts
Where to buy goods - 21 posts
MADRID TAPAS TOUR - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x