Which company for internet access, Vodafone, Telefonica or......?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2007 7:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Again, not necessarily the cheapest deal in town, but often still the safest and most reliable choice.

www.tele2.es have a deal whereby you pay no line rental to Telefonica, just €39.90 (+IVA) per month for everything. I'm sticking with Telefonica until they screw up.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:34 AM by jeffcoo Star rating in Marbella. 76 posts Send private message

jeffcoo´s avatar

hi again.....anyone got a contact number for Telefonica?, preferably english speaking,( been searching their website cannot understand the spanish) also while im here   linea direct for car  insurance number..??  i have been searching the forums here, ( not beng lazy)  im moving next week just trying to finalise internet, im going with Telefonica, thanks Smiley and Roberto,!  reason being i can get other providers in Marbella, however as they have to go through Telefonica they cannot provide a high speed broadband service, like 10 to 20 megs, and only offer up to 1 meg, apparently only Telefonica can currently offer a high speed service in Marbella Marina area/////  thanks guys, have a nice day

jeff

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:57 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jeff, the main customer service number for Telefonica is 1004.  I believe that if you say "ENGLISH" when the automated message starts at the beginning then it will take you to a an English speaking operator.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:27 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hola Jeffcoo. The  car ins. tele. number  for linea directa is  902 123 157  good luck with your move .    Safe trip  Rosi n

Like 0      
21 May 2007 1:56 PM by jeffcoo Star rating in Marbella. 76 posts Send private message

jeffcoo´s avatar

thanks Justin and Rosi, regrettably i cant seem to call from outside Spain, so will have to call when im there....

Like 0      
21 May 2007 2:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Jeff, I shouldn't think you can call the 1004 number from overseas, but that's the number you need, don't think there's any other way, and as Justin says, when you get the first robot, just say "English", and be prepared to be very patient!

Linea Directa is at https://www.lineadirecta.com/LDAWeb/home/Home.faces but at present you can only get an online quote using the Spanish version (they need Justin to do some tinkering for them!) Again, I'm not sure you'll be able to call the 902 number from overseas, since it's a local call rate number, but I may be wrong. You can send a message for them to call you back from that site, but don't know if they'll call you in UK. Try it!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 3:58 PM by jeffcoo Star rating in Marbella. 76 posts Send private message

jeffcoo´s avatar

thanks Roberto will give it a go once im there  >

Like 0      
22 May 2007 11:02 AM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Jeff

This is a contact No for a Telefonica agent on the Costa Del Sol. (0034) 952 93 93 02. Ask for Paco he speaks good English and is very helpful. He is on commission so always eager to help!

I am also with Lineadirecta (0034) 902 325325 this number will be answered in English

Hope this all helps

John

This message was last edited by johnone on 5/22/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
26 May 2007 8:16 PM by cpritchard Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi All

Does anyone know if you can get the equivalent to pay as you go internet acess in spain.  My parents live there and are trying to sort out internet acess but they only go online for about 2hrs a week so it's not really worth them paying a monthly fee for broadband.

Any info will be helpful

Thanks

Clare

Like 0      
27 May 2007 12:14 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You can get dial-up if you have a phone line, but be warned if you have Microsoft Vista - it won't work with dial-up apparently.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 May 2007 9:10 AM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

30 May 2007 5:41 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi Clare .   Some of the radio phone systems ( If they have no land line ) offer 3-4 hours a day free  internet service.  you just pay for monthly fee & calls  I expect its only dial up , it all depends on where they live and phone setup. thats all I can tell you and you dont say the area they live.   Regards  Rosi n  

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 11:16 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Just a word about our dear friends Telefonica: last night I could not get a dial tone for my ADSL connection for love nor money (did anybody miss me?). I also found I could not make outgoing calls using Telefonica (although I could by routing calls through Direct Telecom, who I use for cheap calls). Today I called 1004 and was about to start ranting, when the operator explained that my service had been suspended due to an unpaid bill.. I pay all my bills in cash, because due to past bad experiences, I don't trust my bank to cope with direct debits, but it seems I didn't pay last months bill, because I never recieved it. I suspect this was because it was deliberately never sent, because Telefonica are doing their utmost to persuade clients to switch to on-line e-facturas, supposedly in their bid to help save the rain forests (more likely just to cut their costs). I rushed down to the local post office, paid the outstanding bill, and an hour later recieved a recorded phone message telling me my service had been resumed. Shame they couldn't have sent me a recorded warning of the imminent cut-off beforehand, but all's well that ends well, eh?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 3:26 PM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar

Having just had my telephone line connected, and at last back online, I've been looking around at other suppliers for a better deal.

Has anyone had experience of Citrus Red? There package seems to be a good one, cheaper calls to the UK off peak 1.99 cents/min + broadband at 29.50€ per month which gives you free Spanish local & National calls. I don't know how much you have to pay Telefonica for the line rental. Telefonica seems to be 40.90€ for the month inc. free Spanish local & National calls. So I suppose it depends on the line rental costs, if that's about 10€, then there's not much in it, just cheaper UK calls.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 8:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I think the line rental is about 18 euros woith the IVA

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Nov 2007 10:27 PM by neildublin Star rating in Dublin & Benalmadena.... 6 posts Send private message

For some time I have been looking for a solution to provide broadband access when I use my holiday home in spain. We do onaverage use the apartment for between 10-20 weeks a year, and on this basis would find it difficult to justify the cost of installing a fixed line, ASDL offering from Telefonica etc.

It was recently suggested to me that I should use the vodafone pay as you go internet modem. Having visited the site www.vodafone.es and spoken to the customer service team, the cost appear quite reasonable. The modem costs €189 and you can buy pay as you go access for about €20 a time. This if it works would appear to be ideal for us to use when we visit. Apart from the access to e-mails- my 2 teenage children would b lost if not able to communicate daily with friends through beebo, myspace etc!!

Has anyone had an experience of using this and would you recommend it?

If not can you suggest a good alternative provider.

Much appreciated.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 10:17 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Hi

I have purchased one of these USB modems form Vodafone. Overall they are very good with 3g connection speeds. The only thing i have problem with is topping up the credit and the getting it to work again. I usually end up taking my laptop to the vodafone shop so they can help me out.

The other thing you have to watch is if you do not visit Spain withing 12 weeks of you last topping up your credit expires! which i found out last time i visited. I thought it was from the time you last used the service as i was in Spain Mid august then again last week in Oct and found to my annoyance my credit had been wiped. i had always topped up by 60 euros as well because it offers the best value for money. Oh well you live and learn!

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 7:03 PM by neildublin Star rating in Dublin & Benalmadena.... 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Samson.  I think I will go for this option. How do you top up? Do you have to go to the shop or can you top up over the internet/

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 7:29 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

You can top up in lots of places,not just the vodafone shops. I have only had to top up twice and because all the online instructions were in Spanish i could not work out what to do. Once i have seen it a couple more times i think i will get the hang of it. In the meantime i will carry on taking my laptop to teh vodafone shop.

Also ithink you will find you should be able to get the modem for about 119 euros and this also includes a 25 euro top which is added to your first purchase of a top up.

Good luck with it!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Childminding - 3 posts
Community - 98 posts
This development seems to be behind schedule - 0 posts
land disputes - 1 posts
Moving away and have stuff to sell including Car, washing machine etc. - 1 posts
This may sound like a strange question ....................... - 9 posts
HOLIDAY DATES FOR 2007 FOR SPAIN - 1 posts
Valle de Enix development in Almeria [ built by Grupo location] - 0 posts
Valle de Enix development in Almeria [ built by Grupo location] - 2 posts
Rules for use of communal garden areas - 10 posts
Costa Almeria - Vera - 1 posts
it's not always doom & gloom - 12 posts
Site Progress - 0 posts
Costa Calida Property Management - 5 posts
More changes.... - 5 posts
Advice please-Divorce and my rights? - 3 posts
Photos - 13 posts
HOTEL RECOMMENDATION - 3 posts
Dentist In Catral - 4 posts
anyone buying on las palomas nr valencia? - 1 posts
BUYING FOR BLACK - I WANT A SPECIAL THREAD PLEASE - 23 posts
stating up a business in Spain - 11 posts
New Cartagena to Vera Motorway. AP-7. - 4 posts
How much tax on resales? - 11 posts
buying in Alboaire Golf - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x