Photos

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I came across this on another forum, and since I don't recall seeing anything about it on EOS, thought it would be worth posting here in case it affects any of our members (I hope NOT):

URGENT NOTICE

Thousands of home owners in Estepona, Nerja, San Roque, Cadiz, etc. have huge infrastructure charges put on their homes by a Junta de Compensación (the developers). Some pensioners with €30,000 to pay will have to sell their homes. Why should people who have lived in their homes for many years with electricity, water, roads, drains, etc have to pay for the developers’ new infrastructure. This does not happen in any other E.U. country.

Please Andalucia.com members support us at our demonstration at the Old Town Hall (covered market) at 11.am on Thursday 12th April.

For more details contact Janet Vigo on 952794951 (mon.-Wed.-Fri. mornings)

This was followed by another post from the same source:

More details re- demonstration.
What's happening is like what started up in Valencia but the Junta De Compensacion (the developers) are not taking parts of owner's gardens.
They are just making exsisting homeowners pay for their new infrastructure they need. Charges at Estepona Golf range from €5000.00
for 1 bed Apartment to €70.000.00 for a 4 bed villa. Shocked
Puerto Romano, Forrest Hills, Valle Romano, El Padron and Estepona Golf in Estepona all have huge infrastructure charges. Crying or Very sad
We only found out at Estepona Golf when a neighbour who was selling her home was told by the buyers lawyer that she had a charge on her home by the Junta De Compensacion. Shocked
The JDC's British President (Mr Rory Leader, owner of golf course) will not talk to anyone or reply to lawyers letters (allegedly), I wonder why ?
Perhaps you might want to look at your "Nota Simple" and see if you have a charge on your home.
Please support us on 12th April 11am at Estepona Old Town Hall. Exclamation

More details rip-offcharges@hotmail.com

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Sorry for "bumping", but has nobody on EOS heard about this, or have anything to add? I thought this kind of thing had only happened in Valencia - bit of a worrying trend surely?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 8:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Rob, I actually knew about this over 6 months ago but have been trying to get more information about it.  It is just like the Valencia land grab law.

Will see if I can get some more info.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 10:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I have known about it for quite a while and while similar it is not the same as the Valencia land grab laws - it is not as cut and dried as "they can simply take the land and develop a new urbanisation etc" - there has to be benefit to the people who are losing their land - at least it is something like that but not sure of the exact situation so maybe one of our legal friends could help us out on this

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 10:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Strange how the TV networks haven't got stuck into this. It's just the kind of thing they love to broadcast, more scaremongering and doom & gloom stories etc. I'm sure it would put off a great many potential buyers?? Would certainly scare the sh*t out of me.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 10:44 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Take more than that to scare the shit out of you mate - you dont get fazed by my personal propositions and if that doesnt scare the living crap out of you then nothing will - scares the crap out of me that I am doing it - think its very much a localised problem in one small area in the scheme of things - believe but dont know the land is still rustic - this is why I would like one of our legal eagles to add their input

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Dear Smiley,

I started this as a serious thread. What IS it between us, I think we're becoming like those two old farts in Boston Legal who sit smoking cigars and sipping whisky at the end of the day together. Here we go.....

"....scares the crap out of me that I am doing it - think its very much a localised problem in one small area......"

Taken out of context, this is a fascinating little quote don't you think?

No offence dear, but proposals like yours are easy to come by my end of the coast!

Back to the serious subject, I've found a few discussions going on on other forums about this, and I was just surprised that it wasn't getting any coverage here, since I think it's a very important issue for people to be aware of. I agree it seems to apply mainly to land still classified as rustic, but where people own properties that are connected to mains water & electric etc. they may simply not be aware that the land their property is on is in fact rustic. I've even read that in certain exceptional circumstances, urban land can be expropriated if it is for the greater good, such as building schools or hospitals, and that in such circumstances owners should be adequately compensated - but we all know what certain councillors consider adequate (for their own needs). I've no idea how this compares to so called "compulosry purchase" schemes in the UK - perhaps it's really not so different?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi mate its nice to know you watch it too - you are the only other person I know who has even heard of it - weird and gets spookier and spookier - what you say - lets just get it on and get it over with. I want to and you know you want to and whats the point in fighting it any more - I will bring the dwarf you bring the cigars and brandy - actually can just imagine sitting out on the deck with you at the end of the day (in a quasi loving relationship) discussing things beyond mere mortals sipping a fine brandy and puffing on a Havana putting the world to rights

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:42 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I'm glad you said you will bring the dwarf - clear which one you identify yourself with, and that you see me as the younger, good looking one. Now all we need is a conveniently located deck, and we can sit back and watch the sun set, while discussing extortionate infrastructure charges and black money issues. Ahhh, the simple pleasures.........

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
This gets weirder I have just said that I had better be Shatner on the market bottomed thread - literally just this bloody minute - this is worse than Fibby and Janice!

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

We obviously read the same forums as I saw that too though for the life of me I cannot find it again.

Smiley, I don't have to post you know.  

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 1:31 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Oh get back in your box Janice/Fibby or Fibby/Janice - or maybe its Rob/Smiley - hmmmm thats a new one perhaps it is actually one person with four alter egos - talk about split personality or what???

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 6:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Careful, or Justin will start getting a complex - 14,000 members? Or just a couple of VERY busy beavers?

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HOTEL RECOMMENDATION - 3 posts
Dentist In Catral - 4 posts
anyone buying on las palomas nr valencia? - 1 posts
BUYING FOR BLACK - I WANT A SPECIAL THREAD PLEASE - 23 posts
stating up a business in Spain - 11 posts
New Cartagena to Vera Motorway. AP-7. - 4 posts
How much tax on resales? - 11 posts
buying in Alboaire Golf - 15 posts
Justin, can you point these new people in right direction please ? - 1 posts
Where to buy equipment for disabled in Torrevieja area? - 1 posts
been let down for rental, I seek a 1 or 2 bed for JUNE under EUR 800 - 7 posts
Furniture express, Estepona? - 23 posts
Noise laws - 21 posts
Betty TV - 0 posts
JeansSis (Janice) & Candyfloss (Gina) meet for the first time. - 6 posts
'Sardines Day' in La Cala?? - 4 posts
Arthititis Best Area To Live - 4 posts
Any shops open on Monday 2nd - 21 posts
Skype Pro Promotion - 27 posts
Ribera Golf & La Union - 4 posts
Community pool safety issues - 6 posts
RENTING BEWARE - 2 posts
Development Discussions - 6 posts
Mortgage advice for a ( mortgage virgin) 36yr old,... >) - 1 posts
Mortgage advice for a 36yr old, never had one before man,,,and a bit of other ..... - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x