Old Fool

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2010 10:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Wow Victoria, fame at last, I am buying it for all my friends and family and thanks to your signed book marks makes it that so much special, so loved the boook and it's in my cookery book section,cant wait for the next one.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
20 Jan 2010 10:35 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Victoria

we don't mind at all if you want to put it on your comments page, it really was an excellent read, looking forward to the next one.

Any ideas when it will be published? Hope its soon.

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 2:21 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Victoria

I just wanted to add my congratulations to you on your hilariously funny book. I started it last night and have about a third left to read. I have had to put it down just so I can get some work done!

We too have a little house in Almeria and I am enjoying reading your stories, so true to life in this area!!

I am also enjoying reading your banter on this thread. Please do keep it up. However, try not to give too many details about your current goings on, I want to look forward to reading all about it in your second book!

Regards, Carol

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 11:40 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Claire T,

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments which I've added to my website. I loved the thought of your neighbour chuckling reading 'Chickens' on her terrace. And thanks so much for suggesting that the bookshop in Dos Mares stock it. Word of mouth and recommendations are the best publicity, and I'm grateful. Do you know the name of the shop, or is it Bookworld?

I'm sure you'll end up with your dream property one day. Be warned, it's hard work sometimes living in the campo, but such fun! I'm glad I didn't put you off!

Victoria

PS Let me know if you'd like some free signed feathery bookmarks. (Same applies to any EOS member.) 

Leema,

Thanks again, and I'm hugely grateful for your Amazon review. It's hard to be noticed on Amazon with so many thousands of books on offer, and reviews are always helpful.

Victoria

Peteranne,

I've put your comment on my site, thank you so much! Yes, I'm working on the sequel. I already have plenty of material but need to organise it, which is a mammoth job. In answer to your question, I have no idea when it will be published but I'll keep you posted.

Victoria 

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 12:08 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

You're very welcome Victoria!  I do think it is a branch of Bookworld but will keep spreading the word when I get the chance. 

I would love some bookmarks - will keep me focussed on the long-term dream!

Regards

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 1:00 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Claire T, 

Thanks for your address, I shall send you signed bookmarks when we go down the mountain to the Post Office next week.

Anybody else while I'm addressing envelopes? Totally unique, signed, feathery, tasteful bookmarks free of charge to any EOS member.

Victoria

Hello CarolandRichard,

Thank you for your feedback, so kind of you to tell me your reaction to 'Chickens'. So we are neighbours? Which part of Almería do you live in? You must be surrounded by Rainbow Men like us. (Joe's still very sensitive about the subject since his bottom was branded... Have you got to that bit yet?)  

May I use your comment on my site? And don't worry, I love the banter on this thread (Denis and Flo are so funny!) but I won't give away anything important that might spoil the sequel, although it's really tempting sometimes!

Victoria

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 2:55 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Victoria

Yes, feel free to use my comments on your site. I purchased the book through amazon so I'll go on there later and post a review. I finished the book last night, I had to wait until I went to bed to read it otherwise I'd never have got any work done! Its a good job my husband is away skiing otherwise I'd have kept him awake with my giggling! I hope the sequel is just as funny and entertaining, I'm sure it will be.

And yes, we are surrounded by Indalo men in our area, Palomares, near to Vera and Mojacar. I also made the same mistake as you and purchased my own Indalo man which I placed over our front door, as soon as I was informed of my error I immediately gave it away to friends who had just moved into their house. It probably would have dropped on our heads otherwise! I can just imagine the faces of all those people when Joe dropped his pants, Yes, the English do put their Indalo men in very strange places!! Luckily, we had some friends stay with us shortly afterwards and they gave us one as a gift so it now has pride of place.

Yes please I would love the bookmarks, I'll PM you our address.

Regards, Carol

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 6:54 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Victoria and Joe

Very funny as you  know how much I loved your book and the trouble I had getting it,  well when I went to get one of your lovely book marks, I couldn'gt find one, but I did when I was nearly finshed it, then I ordered two more books for gifts and spent two weeks  looking for the other signed book marks, and could I find them, I had the house upside down, then thought I will ask you for more, but (don't laugh bur prayed to my favourite saint  who finds things for you and always have to aploigise as I forget the saints name) two  minutes later and I found them,  I sound as daft as you, never mind I have two lovely books with signed bookmarks and am wanting to give to my friend and sister  now as I  know they will love it but they will have to wait until Feb for their book.

Hope you and Joe are still loving Spain.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
23 Jan 2010 3:30 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Carol,

Thank you so much for the Amazon review, that was very kind of you. And thanks for your address - signed, feathery bookmarks on their way.  They have Indalos on them so may bring you luck?

For those of you who may not be familiar with the Rainbow Man (Indalo), he's the emblem for the Almería region. He was discovered in ancient cave paintings in the north of the province and adopted as a good luck symbol. However, superstitious folk believe you must receive the Indalo as a gift for it to bring you luck. If you buy an Indalo for yourself - beware! Bad luck will befall you...

Poor Joe suffered from the wrath of the Rainbow Man in a very painful way.  :(

My car keys - with Indalo:-

Victoria

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 4:30 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Leema,

I can just picture you praying to the patron saint of lost things:-

'Dear Saint-I'm-sorry-I've-forgotten-your-name, please help me find my lost feathery bookmarks.'  :)     

Yes, you are classed as officially daft, and probably yet another Old Fool. Join the gang.  :)

Victoria

Like 0      
26 Jan 2010 7:13 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Claire T,

I've just read the lovely review you put on Amazon - thank you so much! 

Victoria

http://bit.ly/8ZXEcc

Like 0      
26 Jan 2010 7:33 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Hi Victoria

Yes my husband thinks I am mad, but it always works and I think he does it himself without telling me, all my friends howl when I can't find anything, also at my age I spend half my time looking for things I have mislaid.

It must be lovely for you to hear there is lots more reading your book, can't wait to give my next two to my sister and friend in February, I will let you know what they think of it.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts
Can we afford to live in Spain - 9 posts
Moped ITV - 1 posts
Instant Access International Spanish office - closed down Feb 2009 - 1 posts
Finally found a copy of the highway code and set out below a rough translation: - 4 posts
Bank holiday - 2 posts
Driving to Gibraltar - 12 posts
Fiscal Residence - 4 posts
Sunbeds - 2 posts
breakdown recovery - 0 posts
Has the Spanish Property Market reached its bottom? - 11 posts
Guests left stranded at Almeria airport!! - 4 posts
Interesting article re the property market - 1 posts
La Yenka - 0 posts
Selling In Spain - Agents or not? - 5 posts
No Claims Certificate? - 3 posts
Yucca Plants trimming tips needed. - 2 posts
rental property - 0 posts
Ikea Expedit bookcase for sale - 0 posts
Mother, Baby and Toddler Show - 0 posts
Jet2 online check in rip- off - 13 posts
Whats In Area of La Duquesa For Children - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x