Feeeview in Calpe?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hi,

Can anyone advice on freeview reception in Calpe?

I tried to realign the satellite dish that came with the property (90cm's set to German Satellite channels) to find freeview. 

Armed with my map i tried to align it to where i thought it should be but unfortunately had no luck.

Anyone out there had any luck in or around the Clape area getting freeview and if so what size dish did you need/do you have?

Also can you recommend any local companies that could set this up for me.

Many thanks for any info. 

Like 0      
01 Jun 2009 5:29 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

you will not get freeview in calpe.

you cannot get freeview outside of the UK as Freeview is a UK service transmitted by the land based TV transmitters, such as Emley Moor, to TV aerials.

You can, with the correct size satellite dish, be able to receive some of the channels that are on freeview, that are free to air on satellite, like bbc or itv.

on your 90cm dish (more likely an 80-85cm!) you will get some (about 100-150) free tv channels (like bbc news, sky news, true movies)  by aligning your dish to the uk tv satellites, but for the main uk channels (bbcs, itvs  and c4s) in calpe you will require a 2.4m dish (i have installed a fair number in that area - guess where i was this morning!!)

Dave (and a few others) are available on freeview, but ther are pay channels on satellite.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 01/06/2009.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 8:13 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Thank you 'satandpcguy'

Oops i meant 'freesat' not 'freeview' Doh!!!

OMG i need a 2.4m dish .. think I need a bigger villa to put it on

But seriously, sounds like you maybe my man to install it.  Roughly how much would you charge to supply and fit (and align ;-) the 2.4m dish?

many thanks. 

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 4:17 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

and to clarify even more, even with a 2,.4m dish you will not get every channels 24/7...with bbc2 dropping out in the afternoon to name one.

will pm you with cost details etc..

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Giving up residency - 1 posts
Driving from Norwich, England to Marbella, Spain - 3 posts
Hi everybody - 2 posts
Can you tell me what the consequences would be if someone who will not pay rent/utilites is taken to court - 4 posts
Oil or Gas Central Heating - 7 posts
Lidl Muesli Bars - 17 posts
INHERITANCE TAX - 1 posts
Can I transfer my Spanish property to my children now and will this mean they will not have to pay inheritance tax - 17 posts
I saved water & electric by changing my shower head! - 1 posts
CHILDMINDING - 1 posts
Update from my visit - 1 posts
CRB - Criminal Records - 0 posts
community administrators - 7 posts
piano players ... - 2 posts
Single Mattress for sale unused - 0 posts
confortlin flax animal bedding for sale - 1 posts
help - 0 posts
Transport from Scotland - 0 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
Would you buy at the moment? - 2 posts
help - 2 posts
PEUGEOT 107 1.4HDi FOR SALE - 0 posts
Still haven´t received tax refund for 2007 - 0 posts
Monarch Manchester (and Luton) to Almeria - 8 posts
Setanta Sports "free"for FA Cup day - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x