community administrators

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2009 12:00 AM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

has anyone got rid of their community administrator,if so how are you getting on without one,i know of one community that has gone it alone and they are doing good

Like 0      
31 May 2009 8:03 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Our President sacked the Adminstrator without consulting the community and took the task on themselves. It is a big community and the President has sole control over everything, including the spending of funds. It has caused a lot of disquiet and trouble and the running of the community is rubbish. Perhaps it would work on a small community but in my opinion ours is a disaster.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
01 Jun 2009 9:23 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Of course, if a President has enough free time and can do things proffessionally, there is no need for a community administrator.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2009 10:31 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hola Maria we are just forming a community.The builder has appointed himself as President and appointed the Administrator. As we the owners have called a meeting to appoint our own President and Administrator. They builder has sent out a leter to all of us ( about 120 of us with him having about 40 empty apartments )  putting every single one of us in arrears, saying that anyone in arrears can attend the meeting but can not vote. As the community is only being formed and the community fees were only supposed to start in Feb 09 of which no one was given any payment details ( where to pay it and who to etc) thats bad enough but the arrears the builder says everyone owes is from  1st Jan 08 to 1st Feb 09. How can he say that when he (the builder is responsible for the community until it is handed over and then he is still responsible for the community fees on all the unsold apartments until he sells them. ln my case l only signed for the apartment in Jan 09 but he has me in arrears from !st Jan 08. up to Feb 09. As l am in another community which did not have this problem and having read the horizontal law. l think what the builder has done is illegal. He is trying to make sure that no one can vote against him by putting everyone in arrears for the time he was reponsible for the buildings. As l think it is illegal can we ignore these letters hold the community meeting and pick our own president and administrator allowing all owners to have a vote. get the community up and running then applie the arrears no vote rule Kind Regards Pat. 

Like 1      
01 Jun 2009 7:34 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Any answers/opinions Maria or Roberto on the below post. Pat.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 8:25 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Pat:

I am doing some comments below in bold green:

Hola Maria we are just forming a community.The builder has appointed himself as President and appointed the Administrator. As we the owners have called a meeting to appoint our own President and Administrator. They builder has sent out a leter to all of us ( about 120 of us with him having about 40 empty apartments ) putting every single one of us in arrears, saying that anyone in arrears can attend the meeting but can not vote. As the community is only being formed and the community fees were only supposed to start in Feb 09 where was this written?  of which no one was given any payment details ( where to pay it and who to etc) thats bad enough but the arrears the builder says everyone owes is from 1st Jan 08 to 1st Feb 09. How can he say that when he (the builder is responsible for the community until it is handed over and then he is still responsible for the community fees on all the unsold apartments until he sells them. ln my case l only signed for the apartment in Jan 09 but he has me in arrears from !st Jan 08. up to Feb 09.  Ilegal as you did not own the property till January 09. As l am in another community which did not have this problem and having read the horizontal law. l think what the builder has done is illegal. He is trying to make sure that no one can vote against him by putting everyone in arrears for the time he was reponsible for the buildings. As l think it is illegal can we ignore these letters hold the community meeting and pick our own president and administrator allowing all owners to have a vote. get the community up and running then applie the arrears no vote rule Kind Regards Pat.  I do think that is a reasonable and legal way to proceed, you as owners: anyhow I would need to see the private contract and the deeds to  give to you an accurate strategy.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 1:45 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Maria thanks for the reply, The starting date Feb 09 was written in the minutes the builder sent out, It stated that for the first year only the payments will  Feb 09 and july 09,then every year after will be Jan  and July. Yes l thought it was ilegal as l was not the owner.l wiil check the private contract and deeds.regards Pat.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 8:49 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

is a administrator just a administrator or is he/she also a lawyer if they are only administrators do they work for law firms

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

piano players ... - 2 posts
Single Mattress for sale unused - 0 posts
confortlin flax animal bedding for sale - 1 posts
help - 0 posts
Transport from Scotland - 0 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
Would you buy at the moment? - 2 posts
help - 2 posts
PEUGEOT 107 1.4HDi FOR SALE - 0 posts
Still haven´t received tax refund for 2007 - 0 posts
Monarch Manchester (and Luton) to Almeria - 8 posts
Setanta Sports "free"for FA Cup day - 1 posts
The Village Indian Restaurant, Balsicas - 3 posts
I KNOW I HAVE ASKED BEFORE BUT ANY UPDATE ON THE PGOU MARBELLA - 2 posts
Ha sanybody had any dedalings with Rental del Sol - 2 posts
where is nearest tax office - 2 posts
Barbeques-a possible answer! - 0 posts
how to reclaim your overpaid property tax ( CGT) - 0 posts
PRO SHARK QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
BARGAIN FURNITURE PACK FOR SALE 500€ - 1 posts
Taxi service - 4 posts
EOS Team are you there ? - 2 posts
Free offers! - 1 posts
NIE Form - help on completion please!! - 4 posts
Campbells @ Roda Village - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x